Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RayGuns

K-2SO and the U-Wing

Recommended Posts

K2 has been mentioned by the developers. Nothing on the line of “He has this ability and this initiative”, but we’ll get that later.

Even if he wasn’t mentioned, i’d still be very confident of his inclusion in the game. He was a fan favorite from the film and the original U-Wing expansion was made before the movie was released and even some of the art for it doesn’t match up with it in the movie. This is a perfect time to go in, make some adjustments, and slot in characters like K2 that they missed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RayGuns said:

Will the new 2.0 U-Wing get a K-2SO pilot and/or crew upgrade?

When the 1.0 U-Wing was released, I was surprised that K-2SO wasn't represented.

rogue-one-still-k2so-670-380.jpg

There have been rumours of Kaytoo being a pilot.   

Keep in mind that with many of the movie tie-ins are done without knowing any major plot points, just given the basic ship visual design, with many other details ending up wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Speaking of U-wings, you know what would be possible with side arcs printed on all bases?

 

  Hide contents

554ead3793557e1f4078a8632d3e9875.jpg

ffg art btw

(although we have seen U-wing 2.0 in action, and it couldn't do that :()

 

Could be a crew upgrade, you need someone using a big gun there,  though what could be mounted there to take out other fighters? Something Shredded an AT-ACT's knees, sure, but how do they compare to shields?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Speaking of U-wings, you know what would be possible with side arcs printed on all bases?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

554ead3793557e1f4078a8632d3e9875.jpg

ffg art btw

(although we have seen U-wing 2.0 in action, and it couldn't do that :()

 

Having a guy hanging out the open door in space seems kind dumb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Speaking of U-wings, you know what would be possible with side arcs printed on all bases?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

554ead3793557e1f4078a8632d3e9875.jpg

ffg art btw

(although we have seen U-wing 2.0 in action, and it couldn't do that :()

 

Nah, they’ll save the side arcs for legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Airtight shields are pretty common in Star Wars.

I am fairly sure it drops briefly to let your own fire through...m firing a chain guy from a guy hanging out the window still seems real dumb. I mean everyone in the cabin would have to be in full Eva.

It's a ground support weapon, why does it have to be used in space. The thing was not designed as a space fighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eMeM said:

Speaking of U-wings, you know what would be possible with side arcs printed on all bases?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

554ead3793557e1f4078a8632d3e9875.jpg

ffg art btw

(although we have seen U-wing 2.0 in action, and it couldn't do that :()

 

Action: Open the side doors of this ship. The crew are immediately sucked into the vacuum of space. Remove this ship as a casualty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chucknuckle said:

Action: Open the side doors of this ship. The crew are immediately sucked into the vacuum of space. Remove this ship as a casualty.

Yup. You can't open doors in space in Star Wars. This is a logistical challenge that the engineers in the galaxy far far away have not figured out to this day.

139411003_a0c42a257c_b.jpg

Even Rebel flight suits can generate a shield bubble keeping the air in, or at least they could in Legends.

 

51 minutes ago, Hylian100 said:

Could be a crew upgrade, you need someone using a big gun there,  though what could be mounted there to take out other fighters? Something Shredded an AT-ACT's knees, sure, but how do they compare to shields?

It's an ion cannon, if its good for anything it's stripping shields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eMeM said:

Yup. You can't open doors in space in Star Wars. This is a logistical challenge that the engineers in the galaxy far far away have not figured out to this day.

Oh yeah, it's pretty common. On capital ships.

You can see it here:

jedi_1115-2400x1200-227937491284.jpg

And here:

latest?cb=20130221055742

And also in the image you posted.

Now, notice how around each door there's huge bright white light frames? Those things are generating the shields keeping the atmosphere inside the ship.

Did you notice anything of that sort inside the door of the U Wing? Or used as any kind of human-sized airlock, anywhere in the Star Wars universe?

No, neither did I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Chucknuckle said:

Action: Open the side doors of this ship. The crew are immediately sucked into the vacuum of space. Remove this ship as a casualty.


Gee, if only things like atmospheric energy shields existed in Star Wars... oh wait, they exist in every single docking bay we ever see...

Gee, if only things like self-contained spacesuits existed for individuals in Star Wars... oh wait, they exist ...

Gee, if only there were some sentient beings used in combat that didn't respire at all... oh wait, droids exist and can survive space and can be programmed as capable combatants...

Gee, if only side-mounted sponsons existed that could be fired from inside a vehicle without needing to have the door opened... oh wait, every single manned turret and tail gun works like that...


Yup, you're right, no way to ever use a side-mounted sponson in Star Wars without suiciding everyone on board.... ?

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I handled this in some of my custom campaigns was to have a MODIFICATION + CREW slot secondary weapon that could be equipped to Auzitucks, U-Wings, G1-As, or YV-666 Freighters that allowed for a small additional attack each round against a ship not in your front firing arc.  This is even easier now in 2.0 with additional arcs in each base.


Side-Mounted Sponsons
Modification + Crew slot
Secondary Weapon, R1-2, 1 Dice
After your normal attack opportunity, you may make this attack twice, once against 1 Ship in your Right Arc and once against 1 Ship in your Left Arc.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chucknuckle said:

Oh yeah, it's pretty common. On capital ships.

You can see it here:

jedi_1115-2400x1200-227937491284.jpg

And here:

latest?cb=20130221055742

And also in the image you posted.

Now, notice how around each door there's huge bright white light frames? Those things are generating the shields keeping the atmosphere inside the ship.

Did you notice anything of that sort inside the door of the U Wing? Or used as any kind of human-sized airlock, anywhere in the Star Wars universe?

No, neither did I.

Now people talk about the imperials not having Astromechs (sure they appear in the books etc. but not so much in the films) and all the hype with BB9E...look an Imp Astromech finally, but wait as I never noticed before in the above picture on the right, Astromechs! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Gee, if only things like atmospheric energy shields existed in Star Wars... oh wait, they exist in every single docking bay we ever see...

Gee, if only things like self-contained spacesuits existed for individuals in Star Wars... oh wait, they exist ...

Gee, if only there were some sentient beings used in combat that didn't respire at all... oh wait, droids exist and can survive space and can be programmed as capable combatants...

Gee, if only side-mounted sponsons existed that could be fired from inside a vehicle without needing to have the door opened... oh wait, every single manned turret and tail gun works like that...


Yup, you're right, no way to ever use a side-mounted sponson in Star Wars without suiciding everyone on board.... ?

Yeah sure, I mean if you want to add a bunch of stuff to the U Wing that was never done, just to make it do a thing it never did...

Sure, add atmospheric shields it doesn't have. Give the rebels droid gunners they never used. Add an internal side sponson the ship never had. While we're at it lets add tail gunners to X Wings, and have droids carrying magnetised thermal detonators bolted onto the wings, so they can lob them at passing TIE fighters. Lets strap turrets onto A Wings. Because screw the lore, I just want cool stuff.

Edited by Chucknuckle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chucknuckle said:

 

Did you notice anything of that sort inside the door of the U Wing? Or used as any kind of human-sized airlock, anywhere in the Star Wars universe?

I've seen open hangar doors without shiny bits in Episode 1, and in fact I did notice this kind of force field used in things smaller than an U-wing. Off the top of my head: Rebel flight suits in legends, Umbaran starfighters, this capsule:

RfF9RmD.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chucknuckle said:

Oh yeah, it's pretty common. On capital ships.

You can see it here:

jedi_1115-2400x1200-227937491284.jpg

And here:

latest?cb=20130221055742

And also in the image you posted.

Now, notice how around each door there's huge bright white light frames? Those things are generating the shields keeping the atmosphere inside the ship.

Did you notice anything of that sort inside the door of the U Wing? Or used as any kind of human-sized airlock, anywhere in the Star Wars universe?

No, neither did I.

FalconMagShield.jpg

That is Lando's head peeking out one of the Falcon's hatches and its corresponding magnetic field to keep the atmosphere to go all phew when it's open.
It's from Empire Strikes Back, and you can see it both from inside and from outside for a couple of seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:


Gee, if only things like atmospheric energy shields existed in Star Wars... oh wait, they exist in every single docking bay we ever see...

Gee, if only things like self-contained spacesuits existed for individuals in Star Wars... oh wait, they exist ...

Gee, if only there were some sentient beings used in combat that didn't respire at all... oh wait, droids exist and can survive space and can be programmed as capable combatants...

Gee, if only side-mounted sponsons existed that could be fired from inside a vehicle without needing to have the door opened... oh wait, every single manned turret and tail gun works like that...


Yup, you're right, no way to ever use a side-mounted sponson in Star Wars without suiciding everyone on board.... ?

It's not included for the same reason why the Falcon's anti personal turret is not included. It's not for shooting down spaceships. 

I don't understand why is that hard to grasp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

It's not included for the same reason why the Falcon's anti personal turret is not included. It's not for shooting down spaceships. 

I don't understand why is that hard to grasp. 

In Rebels they blow up capital ships with hand pistols, by repeatedly shooting at them. 

They can do whatever. 

We already have a scum Droid with a pistol able to damage attackers.

Edit: 

That little turret on the falcon looks totally like the hot shot blaster.

Edited by Azrapse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwordOwaR said:

Now people talk about the imperials not having Astromechs (sure they appear in the books etc. but not so much in the films) and all the hype with BB9E...look an Imp Astromech finally, but wait as I never noticed before in the above picture on the right, Astromechs! 

I thinks its always been more a case of them not being used in the fighters, they are still there as logistical pieces. Besides, some of the Imp ones have nice paint jobs, though it seems aside from the Death Star they mostly stick to black paintjobs.

Image result for imperial astromechs

I remember them making a big deal about C2-B5 in Rogue One as Krenic's personal astromech, but I don't even think it shows up in the final film and if it does probably only for a few seconds at most in one or two background scenes.

Image result for c2 b5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...