Hawkstrike

So what's next?

With the Boba & Scout announcements both factions now have three special characters, and each faction has at least one of each revealed unit type except for a Rebel Operative.

So what do we think comes next?

I predict we'll get Chewbacca as a Rebel Operative, and some character as a third Imperial Commander (FFG-canon Kayn Somos or Agent Blaise?). Then if I had to guess we'll get an additional support unit for each faction (maybe some droids, or turrets). Then cycle through additional corps, SF, heavies, etc. 

I *want* to see dewback riders (maybe Captain Terro as commander), tauntaun riders, Rebel droids and probe droids, Jawas and Bantha riders ... anything we've seen on screen.

I think some new vehicles would be great-the MTV-7 would be great!  I bet they'll also have a third Imperial commander and a Rebel operative.  Please be Chewie!!!

Chewy as an operative is pretty much a given, as is an imp commander.

After that a second option for the heavy and support ranks - troop carriers would be good (support). More special forces arent as important at this point as the announced expansions come with 2 units each.

As discussed in another thread, I think we'll see more options for the personnel upgrade slots, including medics and engineers (probably droids).

I think Chewie is a given for the first Rebel operative, he's probably the next announcement even. Third commander will probably be an Imperial officer since we'll have Boba Fett as a combat character. I think this commander will probably synergize well with troops a bit better than Veers.

Right now, I'd be happy with just one more special forces and one more support for each side. Then they could slow things down a lot. Dont need a huge selection for heavies since you can only take up to two but Id really like to see at least one more vehicle for each side soon.

Id also love to see droids come, however they decide to do them. Probe droids will probably be first and I think a blast to paint, maybe do them in different camouflages for whatever kind of terrain/board you have?

Oh dont forget! We do have the priority supplies terrain expansion on the way, which mentions the STATIONARY unit type... so maybe this first "wave" isnt over yet...? Could we see turrets or other emplacements make an appearance before the end of the year? The terrain pack is also described as a "neutral expansion" on the website so I think it'd be great if both sides could have access to whatever is "stationary" that comes out.

I feel like turrets or some kind of emplacement would be a good way to round out this "wave" of releases. Give us some time to paint and experiment with different lists.

Edited by Jman444

3 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I kinda hope they wait a little before the next group of releases.  Give the players some time to figure out how all the current units interact.  One more imperial Commander and a rebel operative would be nice though

I think once all of the known releases are out there will be some decent list variety, but I think some vehicle variety will be the final thing that will mix it up. At that point I could see a new faction dropping. 

Okay, so if the pattern holds, we'll get another Neutral announcement next - more terrain and battlefield expansions.

After that, if I assume they want to release at least one iconic character per batch? Probably a Rebel Operative (Chewie) and an Imperial Commander, paired with Support. I hope for Dewback and Tauntaun troopers m'self, since beasts were mentioned in some of the pre-release videos. 

1 hour ago, TylerTT said:

More objective and terrain packs! 

I would be very happy if the Priority Supplies pack is a trend and not just a blip. 

Imp Reb Obj Reb Imp Obj... has some nice symmetry to it! And is a great way to shake up the meta without adding more units. 

My secondary prediction is the next Reb/Imp combo will be Chewie operative and another Imperial commander (not making any predictions there...). And then maybe two support options alongside? That I’m not so sure on.  

Edited by WAC47

6 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I kinda hope they wait a little before the next group of releases.  Give the players some time to figure out how all the current units interact.  One more imperial Commander and a rebel operative would be nice though

I'm guessing anything that is announced at this point won't hit shelves until late Q3 or Q4. That is enough time for me.

1 hour ago, WAC47 said:

I would be very happy if the Priority Supplies pack is a trend and not just a blip. 

Imp Reb Obj Reb Imp Obj... has some nice symmetry to it! And is a great way to shake up the meta without adding more units. 

I agree, I just hope they get a little more creative for future stuff ;) hahaha

But seriously, the article says they're being released second quarter of 2018. Hopefully we can get our hands on that soon

**EDIT*

Just checked, says they're still at the printer ?

Edited by Jman444

53 minutes ago, wintermoonwolf said:

.....any chance for a SOLO movie characters ....and equipment....and vehicles....and such....????

I certainly hope so! 

(though someone has previously stressed that the official word has been "GCW-era"...) 

I think Chewbacca as an operative is almost for sure. An imperial commander similar to Han most likely. After that, most imperial troops from the OT are already here, so maybe they’ll do shore troopers and rogue one rebels (rogue rebels?). That would transition nicely into krennic and death troopers and the hover tank.

By then solo will be out long enough to do stuff from there, and then who knows

I would like to see heavy support squads with double weapon upgrades, like a stormtrooper squad with 2 HH12s.

Would have to make sure they don't become spammed though.

Or scout troopers all with sniper rifles, single black, range 4, precise. Was abit let down by the short ranged double tap blacks thats been announced as was keen for an entire sniper squad

2 hours ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Or scout troopers all with sniper rifles, single black, range 4, precise. Was abit let down by the short ranged double tap blacks thats been announced as was keen for an entire sniper squad

There is a sniper heavy weapon with the scouts - you can take it as part of a full unit or 2 man team.