migs6000

Since the reveal, no interest in playing 1e.

I should really play my Controlfenders with Omega Leader a few more times.

I'm hyped to be flying Vader and Soontir again, and Boba Fett will be just fine in the new version, so really the only list I'm gonna lose is the one that involved what is now cross-factional ships.

... I then get to choose whether to buy a whole bunch more ships, or attempt to sell three TIE/FOs. :( Still not quite sure what to do about that one.

I would like to have everything for a 2nd edition game right now. But I still enjoy the 1st edition so much. Will be playing a few tournaments until September and then embrace the new edition after some holidays

I wouldn't say I've lost interest so much as decided to approach it more casually than I have been.  I'm still down for games, but now I'll try out ships like the E-Wing that I wouldn't touch before.  I've also taken the opportunity to give Legion a try.

Man, I have already traded off of some ships to fill out my Rebs, Imps, and First Order. I still have my list I will fly at the store championships. But to be honest there is going to be about 9 weeks I wont be able to play X wing this summer, I was bummed....until they announced 2nd edition. I am cool with it now, when I come back it will about 4 weeks before, and everything should be spoiled so I can proxy and get ready for the new stuff. 

My small, casual group will not be moving on. But our interest in 1.0 has only increased. Game planned for Wednesday. We have a preorder of Saw's Renegades and the TIE Viper with CSI. And we just keep adding stuff to it. I swear to God I WILL field two Raiders before I die! And four brobots. And a swarm of T-65s.

And since I have no 2.0 purchases to make, I can start saving up for a Scarif shield gate.

Had the exactly opposite reaction. A lot of people around me suddenly realized how much stuff they never tried because of preconceived notions of "competiteveness" and are now throwing ideas around that are complete, glorious jank. 

We are firing off a months-long fireworks display to wave goodbye 1.0.

Out of my friends, no one wants to play v1.  The interest was almost gone before v2 was announced, but now everyone just wants v2.

Now is a perfect time to play HotAC.  We have 2 more missions.

ST is doing the Gozanti missions for fun.  I also need to practice Trench Run that I'll be running at GenCon.

4 hours ago, Superstrength79 said:

I imagine we'll still be able to find plenty of 1.0 games after the release.

Oh yeah. In my area, there are some guys who won't be able to make the jump to 2.0 right away, so I'm definitely still packing some 1.0 lists even after 2.0 drops. 

There's even some initial set up for modding and keeping 1.0 alive from some players, like @Jadotch

I'm still interested, I just haven't been able to; between being out of town and alternating D&D weekends, I haven't played since the announcement. 

There was some good sharing/chatter on our local FB page, but I'd really like to talk to some of our players in person and see how they feel, what their plans are, etc.

Plus, I'm jonesing to play, always.

Totally done with 1.0

Partially its because of my new Legion obsession.  I had actually slowed way down on X-wing prior to the announcement (too busy painting stormtroopers!) but after the announcement I lost all interest in theory crafting for a game that is about to be reinvented.

I am going to Nationals at Gen Con however, but mostly just to say goodbye to 1.0 and to buy 2.0 stuff as soon as possible.

I still have a few 1.0 ships I haven't even flown yet, and I haven't played X-wing for a couple of months.  My group has been more involved in "boldly going where no man has gone before", lately.  On the other hand, since seeing the announcement for 2.0 and taking some inspiration from it for house rules, I've been tempted to pull out the ships and fly against some HotAC AI opponents if nothing else, just to see how some of the mods impact the game.

Personally I'm looking forward to 2.0. They seem to have addressed almost ALL of my concerns I had with 1.0, which I pretty much left last year. Also, it's going to be cool being able to play iconic ships without being told how janky your list is. This game needed an overhaul a year ago. It's about time and welcomed!

Sounds like you'll have actually have to fly and not just run around the table with hulky ships with turrets and bombs. What a concept. 

3 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Good time to try HotAC.....

You know what I've learned about the HotAC thing, is that you still have to think about 1.0 ships and cards to play it, which actually ruins it for some people.

There's a guy in our local campaign (which isn't HotAC, it's some weird RPG-like thing with way too many rules that nobody reads that I came up with) who bought one of those 2.0 X-Wing expansion packs on eBay. So I had to come up with rules to allow him to use the 2.0 actions, dial, and upgrades alongside his new flappy X-Wing. I guess it just pained him too much to have to use the old cards, dials, and bases.

I hadn't super noticed during 1.0, but all the weird little greebles and fiddly little mechanical details printed on all the cards and bases are super annoying and cluttery. I'll be aesthetically happy when I never have to look at a 1.0 card or base again.