DOMSWAT911

Stop the sadness ;)

Why so much sadness and all those echos that Armada is dead?

I know, this is all thank's to Admiral Neilson (R.I.P.) and it's a runnig gag since then... But some people are starting to joined their voice with this belief for real. 

Do you like the game at the state it is now? For my side, yes. All the little things that was annoying me are now solve by the last FAQ.

Do I want more stuff to play with? Yes, that for sure! More ship means more options for fleet creation.

Do I want Epic size? Why not, with the sliding scale in Armada, it's possible... I'm looking for you Executor-Class, Bellator-Class or Assertor-Class for Imps and Bulwark or Dauntless for the Rebs.

Do I want more news from FFG? Maybe yes, but is that this important? No. My three first questions are more important for me than news from FFG every week to let me know that my favorite game still not dead. I joined this group 2 years ago. I was not the kind of person who was looking at forum at all. But because all of you, from all of your input, your love for that game, all the questions let by the rules reference guide where answer (with the habitually help from Drasnighta). I can pass more than a hour per day just to read all what people think about a new ship, the strategy that some peolpe are trying, what could be the next ship or just talking about Star wars. This is pure joy :)

Is X-Wing or Legion more in front page? Yes, that's true. The firt one is their best seller and the second one is their newest game. Do I have a problem with that? Not at all. Could they give us some related articles even if it's not for a new wave? Yes they could and yes I would like (just like you), having more news from FFG about Armada but this is not something that will ruined my experience from the game perspective.

What is the futur of Armada? I'm not in the secret of the god and I can't tell you. But one thing is sure, this is still my favorite game. I will continue to play it for long and continue to come to this forum because it's now part of my life as the rest (wife, familly, friend, work, etc...)

Stop the sadness and enjoy the game that we have, continue all your post that keep us in the good mood between annoucement from FFG. We are (the players), those that still keep this game alive.

Long live to Armada!!!

Remember, jealousy, anger, impatience are all leading to the Dark Side.

CdPLz_1UYAE_0fe.jpg 

P.S. Sorry for my grammar, my first langage is french ;)

Edited by DOMSWAT911

I think the doom and gloom is premature, but I think the frustration over how they've mishandled the Hyperspace Report is warranted. After all, THEY'RE the ones who insisted it was not to be missed. You make that kind of assertion, and from a marketing standpoint, you need to deliver. Especially because a lot of us feel intentionally misled. I feel awful for anyone who showed up early to Worlds to hear big news about their favorite game, and who got absolutely nothing for showing up a day early. The same with their misleading graphic about the number of Armada players compared to other games.

I don't think the game is toast, but honestly? I got into it to play competitively because I find that to be a lot of fun. But for that, we need FFG support, and it isn't fun being jerked around: either as a competitor (average player though I am) or a consumer.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment here, this thread doesnt help. At its core its a continuation of the discussions which have been so negative of late. I think if you want to help you have to consider what types of discussions you do want to see on the forums, and then start them. Its a large reason why I post tactical articles from time to time, as thats what I want to see on the forum.

Start the discussions you want to see, and tend to the discussions others start that you want to blossom.

:D

47 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment here, this thread doesnt help. At its core its a continuation of the discussions which have been so negative of late.

By this I meant that it was likely to attract replies like:

6 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

Something big is coming! Check Hyperspace Report!

~FFG lying to the community 2018

Maybe domswat911 post was too emothional, but he points in right direction. If we want the best for Armada we should stop to wine on forum and just wait for will come next. Remeber, FFG also reads this forum and makes appropriate conclusuons. If somebody forget, they nerfed flotillas (which was heavily souded) and also Yavaris + FCT + FC (which was not so heavily sounded). And if we will be loud about closing Armada they will go to please us and close it. And I don't think that it is what we really wanted and liked.

So I think we should become more optimistic and patient and it will be rewarded.

Edited by maxster

What I much rather see is FFG instead of being COMPLETELY silent on the subject, actually get a community manager in here and say first off "We are sorry for the lengthy silence, and the letdown of the of the Hyperspace Report to the ARMADA COMMUNITY, we are working to rectify the matter shortly."

and maybe give a heads up that oh right, WE ACTUALLY EXIST AS CONSUMERS

I do think Armada is in a great spot right now.  There is a good balance, all ships have a place (regardless of how dependant they might be on a title or a specific configuration) and there is a great variety on listbuilding.  It's a game that makes me feel thrilled to plan, see the plan execute, and heck, I even cheer when my rival's plan is better than mine.

Most canon ships (that I care about) are there. Okay, not the SSD, but all the others are.  Yes. I could enjoy the braha'tok or some good old dreadnaughts, but at this point any new Armada release is going to feel like extra icing on the awesome cake that the game currently is.

So, true, I want MORE because like everyone else I'm a greedy bastard.  But I'd rather have less content and news than shoehorned releases.

Yup.  I'm happy with Armada as is.  But I want more.

Oh god, I'm a junkie.

6 hours ago, player2402036 said:

I think the doom and gloom is premature, but I think the frustration over how they've mishandled the Hyperspace Report is warranted. After all, THEY'RE the ones who insisted it was not to be missed. You make that kind of assertion, and from a marketing standpoint, you need to deliver. Especially because a lot of us feel intentionally misled. I feel awful for anyone who showed up early to Worlds to hear big news about their favorite game, and who got absolutely nothing for showing up a day early. The same with their misleading graphic about the number of Armada players compared to other games.

I don't think the game is toast, but honestly? I got into it to play competitively because I find that to be a lot of fun. But for that, we need FFG support, and it isn't fun being jerked around: either as a competitor (average player though I am) or a consumer.

I really understand why people are mad about the Hyperspace Report. I'm with all those who where thinking that Armada was about to received good news (Epic-SSD, next wave preview or a new core set) but unfortunatelly, it was only for X-Wing 2.0. I'm playing X-Wing too but less often. So maybe the impact was less stronger because it was meanning something to me. But, my prefered game still Armada and it was not what I was expecting (looking at you : "something big is coming").

They should say at first that it was about X-Wing, nothing else. After this, when I heard the fact that there was limited space for Armada and after this they are showing statistic that reflect a small number of us there, that's a lack from them too. For the maketing point of view, the Hyperspace Report is a solid flop.

But... Ok, we where disapointed. We have to move on and continue. Yes we are customer (more than 2000$ just for me) but we are not the only one. Every other games need love and attention from their creators and at a certain point it will be the time for our game, ARMADA!!!

And maybe some day...

IMG_8782.JPG

Still say the nerfs were way too heavy handed. Hyperspace Report was just insult on top of injury. Here's to hoping we can get some actual content soon, because the nerfs bat is a sign the game is hitting a wall, and a second edition may be closer than I would like.

And a 2nd edition is definitely being optimistic!

Edited by cynanbloodbane

8 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

Something big is coming! Check Hyperspace Report!

~FFG lying to the community 2018

Technically, they said something big was coming back in July of 2017...

If we don't hear anything new by Gencon this year, it will have been over a year without any hint of new content.

6 hours ago, BillHimclaw said:

I do think Armada is in a great spot right now.  There is a good balance ...

Yes, the game is wonderfully balanced, as long as you always bring 134pts of squadrons.

Citation: See Worlds 2018 final table, Worlds 2017a final table, Worlds 2017b final table, and Worlds 2016 final table...

40 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Yes, the game is wonderfully balanced, as long as you always bring 134pts of squadrons.

Citation: See Worlds 2018 final table, Worlds 2017a final table, Worlds 2017b final table, and Worlds 2016 final table...

Ok... those are some tables. But worlds this year was also heavily populated by low squad fleets.  I feel like they are plenty viable.

2 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Well, yes, but to be honest we had a FAQ two weeks before worlds.  And to a competitive event I'd rather bring a fleet I know how to fly than a new gimmick, no matter how good it is.  Raddus was scary, Rieekan makes raddus slightly less scary.  New toys are fun, but players lack the finesse developed after months of testing.  The data from this this year's Worlds is , in my opinion, not a reflection of the state of the game.

(This doesn't mean you're wrong, maybe 134p squadron lists are still king.  It just means  that I think it's too soon to know)

Edited by BillHimclaw

I don't even care about the wave, at least give us the next batch of store champs and/or nationals kits so we know it's actually not dead... The wave could be 6 months away and I'd be fine if they would just roll out the events... 

1 hour ago, Don Henderson fan club said:

All the negativity is Crabbok's fault! I'm convinced he is some kind of alien vampire. The reason he has so much positivity is that he is able absorb it from everybody else, leaving behind broken husks of negativity! Well, it's a theory hypothesis!

Thats not very nice.... calling Crabbok a ploymorph

Image result for polymorph red dwarf

(for an explanation of the joke....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorph_(Red_Dwarf))

The game is in as good a state as it has been since flotillas dropped. My negativity isn’t from that. I’m not salty with Armada. I’m salty at FFG.

I’ve said it before, but it deserves repeating. The Hyperspace Report was a spectacular PR ****** that is entirely on FFG. It was an unforced error. One of two things happened and their response was the incorrect one regardless.

1) They never intended to cover anything but XWMG. Which means they lied. Not that they got it wrong, but that they told an intentional lie. I don’t care to ever put up with that. 

2) They did intend to cover non-XWMG, but something came up that prevented them from talking about it. If this is the case, then the opacity is only harming them. I firmly believe that had FFG representatives just said “We wanted to bring our fans Armada news, but we weren’t ready in time. We don’t want to present ‘something big’ without being ready to do so. Please tune in in a few weeks for the news,” then the Armada community with have been excited and positive. Maybe disappointed, but not the level of salt we are seeing.

So they either obviously lied (quick way to lose sales) or some bull inability-to-admit-imperfection holdover from previous generations made them think that looking like a liar is better than missing a deadline. Either option has soured them to me pretty badly. I’m waiting for them to do something to earn that back or I’m gonna look elsewhere for a company to help my gaming hobby

Edited by Church14

The trouble with point 2 is....they've been saying "something big is coming" for Armada since GenCon last year... So WHAT has come up that prevents them talking about this 'something big' and WHY is taking so long to release anything about it?

And that is the reason for the level of salt!

9 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

to be fair, squadrons always played a huge role in the movies and novels iirc

2 hours ago, Don Henderson fan club said:

All the negativity is Crabbok's fault! I'm convinced he is some kind of alien vampire. The reason he has so much positivity is that he is able absorb it from everybody else, leaving behind broken husks of negativity! Well, it's a theory hypothesis!

My secret is out.  I must feed.  

Seriously though everyone - Do you remember when Armada was VERY stale after wave 2?   We had a year of no news, which was bad, but what made it worse was that we only had 9 ships in the game, 5 for the rebels, and only 4 for the empire.   (Raiders were crap at the time and Vics were just "meh", so Imperials builds were commonly ISD+Demolisher based, or Rhymerballs with some Vics as carriers. ) 

It was a dark time for sure.  

But then - we got more ships..   and more waves....  and now we've got some real diversity in the game.   We don't really "Need" 2-3 new waves a year.   One wave a year would probably keep the game healthy, but naturally we WANT more because alot of us simply want the news, the articles, the excitement of talking about what's coming next!  Doesn't always have to be a new full wave either!   A 2-ship wave would be fine, but so would a smaller release like Corellian Conflict - perhaps with some new ship cards and upgrades this time - maybe some new titles even?  

My point is, we are in a bit of a lull with no news yet, but we DO have Gencon coming up soon, and COULD even get more news before then.  And in the mean time we have a MUCH better game to play to hold us over - there are still combinations that haven't been fully realized yet (I"m looking at you Ackbar Nebulons) and on top of that we KNOW they have some type of announcement for Armada in their queue so there's no reason to be sad.    Just impatient perhaps, but not sad.  

Now feed me your good vibes!

10 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Few things here. Nathan played daaaang near the same fleet in ALL those events. This shows more the familiarity with the lists. Also, the format of all three events affected the outcome more than this point brings up. 

#thecutmuststop