RayGuns

How many 1.0 maneuver dials can be used with 2.0?

We still do not have the full details, but from what little information we can gather, there seems to be some good news regarding the maneuver dials. Some of the 1.0 maneuver dials might be usable for playing 2.0. This is good news because this should actually help those fans with extensive miniatures collections. Unless FFG plans to change this, it looks like the maneuver dial for the TIE Fighter seems to be the same - except that blue replaces green. This is good news! Why? Because the conversion kit only has dials for only four TIE Fighters, but if you can use your older 1.0 dials, then at least you should have enough dials for that flight of eight TIE Fighters. Remembering green is blue shouldn't be difficult.

Obviously some ships will have new maneuver dials like the X-Wing and the TIE Advance, but I wonder how many other ships will have the same maneuvers from 1.0, thereby making it possible to use the older 1.0 dial for playing 2.0. Except of course that blue replaces green.

Does anyone have more information about maneuver dials for other ships for 2.0? If so, please share here.

swz07_a1_tie_spread2.png

That's fine if they are cheaper, if you want a more manuverable ship there's interceptors and strikers and defender etc.

The x-wing has been garbage for years even with several attempts to buff it, it's the games namesake it should be good.

The tie is cheap and reliable and has numbers on its side.

24 minutes ago, mcgreag said:

In official tournaments: None

Has FFG actually said this?

As far as other dials go, the Lambda and Protectorate Starfighter are confirmed to be unchanged.

3 hours ago, RayGuns said:

Remembering green is blue shouldn't be difficult.

For most* colorblind people, this is literally impossible, as they see red and green as the same color, hence the change.

*Some colorblind people cannot tell the difference between red and yellow. Probably why we did not get yellow maneuvers that are red if stressed, but white if not (I would have liked this).

At a tournament you could definitely get away with old dials placed within the plastic dial upgrades. I would say it's morally just fine if you color blue the 1 banks on your old Y-wing dials to upgrade them.

I'm pretty sure the StarViper dial is the same except for it now has 2 banks that are blue. This is based on the spread in the scum conversion article. There are only 2 StarViper upgrades in the conversion box ? I will be coloring the 2 banks blue on a dial so I can run 3 StarVipers.

It doesn’t quite solve the conversion kit problem, though, because you still need the ship tokens with the new barrel roll markings and the bulls-eye arc (if you run certain upgrades). Even if the old dials are legal to use.

In casual play, sure use old dials and take the ship tokens from other small-base ships.

My colour blind friend is extatic....

Yet a bunch of you want to force him back into not being able to tell the difference in manouvers.

Use the new dials.

(If I am TO'ing a tournament it will be new dials only, simple for the fact it's a huge quality of life issue for colour blind people.)

15 hours ago, nashjaee said:

It doesn’t quite solve the conversion kit problem, though, because you still need the ship tokens with the new barrel roll markings and the bulls-eye arc (if you run certain upgrades). Even if the old dials are legal to use.

In casual play, sure use old dials and take the ship tokens from other small-base ships.

True, but a lot of players worry about not having enough maneuver dials for their collections, so each 1.0 dial that can be used for 2.0 will help a little.

in a tournament you should only be using the 2.0 dials. it's too easy to use a 1.0 dial and be "it's the same" when maybe it's a dial that got worse in 2.0 and the other player isn't familiar enough to know better. if you modify the dials to show the new colours then it's modified components and I don't know if your twisting it or not. Better to keep the proper dials in place.

I normally wouldn't call this out, but recently during a tournament I had someone using an A-Wing dial on a Wookie and I called him out on it. He go through three rounds before someone called him on it! As a very experienced a-Wing player I recognized that dial a mile away. He actually did it on purpose too judging on how belligerent he was with me when I asked him about it. Another person was using a Viper dial on a Kirahzx, but his was an honest mistake knowing the player and he changed up right away. So now I actually check opponents dials before games. and damage decks... my god...the same player with the A-Wing/Wookie dial has tinted sleeves, he snuck in first core deck cards into second deck cards making a super deck with only 2 directs. I was mad. 

40 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

in a tournament you should only be using the 2.0 dials. it's too easy to use a 1.0 dial and be "it's the same" when maybe it's a dial that got worse in 2.0 and the other player isn't familiar enough to know better. if you modify the dials to show the new colours then it's modified components and I don't know if your twisting it or not. Better to keep the proper dials in place.

I normally wouldn't call this out, but recently during a tournament I had someone using an A-Wing dial on a Wookie and I called him out on it. He go through three rounds before someone called him on it! As a very experienced a-Wing player I recognized that dial a mile away. He actually did it on purpose too judging on how belligerent he was with me when I asked him about it. Another person was using a Viper dial on a Kirahzx, but his was an honest mistake knowing the player and he changed up right away. So now I actually check opponents dials before games. and damage decks... my god...the same player with the A-Wing/Wookie dial has tinted sleeves, he snuck in first core deck cards into second deck cards making a super deck with only 2 directs. I was mad. 

I assume he was DQ'd and banned from future events?

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

What human trash.

How is that fun to anyone? wouldn't all his victories feel just hollow and awful to him? 

42 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

I assume he was DQ'd and banned from future events?

I haven't seen him since thankfully. Been a few months. We were self judging at this one. Our community is 

5 minutes ago, Icelom said:

What human trash.

How is that fun to anyone? wouldn't all his victories feel just hollow and awful to him? 

if you're a dirtbag you don't care I assume.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:42 AM, Squark said:

As far as other dials go, the Lambda and Protectorate Starfighter are confirmed to be unchanged.

There go my dreams of a shuttle with Tallon Rolls and a white Stop.  T_T 

FFG did their unboxing for all three Conversion Kits. I missed it because of work, but I plan to watch the unboxing if and when FFG adds it to their website, or when fans put the video(s) up on YouTube.

I'm pretty sure a lot of fans watched this unboxing. Did anyone take notes about the ship's maneuver dials?

Long story short, except for that green is now blue, which maneuver dials from X-Wing 1.0 are still exactly the same as X-Wing 2.0? We can start a list of those dials. This can be useful for fans that have a lot of 1.0 ship miniatures. More than four TIE-Fighters for example - did they change the final number of TIE-Fighter dials that you get with the Conversion Kit?