3 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I'd love to see the Clone War factions added to the game.  Heck, half the reason I decided to try out the game was because I hoped they would, and wanted to familiarize myself with the game before the GAR was released. 

I hope you like the game in the GCW era though, because *if* they do the clones and droids, it is a long way off.  There is too much in the GCW era that they can pull from to start looking into other eras now.  FFG showed no interest in Clone Wars era in X-wing, Armada or Imperial Assault.  

At this point, I somewhat wonder if the license keeps them from pushing into clone war. If you look at the miniature games they present, they seem to avoid clone war as a rule somewhat.

With that said, I think that the Mouse is a little conflicted about the prequels. Somewhat universally panned, I'm sure one of the thoughts was perhaps they should be redone. But how can you do that easily? So in someways I think they are kind of isolating them and trying to build more around other portions of the universe before they dive into that bit of mess. It might be that one of the small consequences of that is that FFG's license doesn't extend in that direction.

That said, I'd like to see a clone war armies, someday. But I'd like it better if we saw some more stuff in the Galactic civil war, and maybe the resistance and first order.

27 minutes ago, xbeaker said:

I hope you like the game in the GCW era though, because *if* they do the clones and droids, it is a long way off.  There is too much in the GCW era that they can pull from to start looking into other eras now.  FFG showed no interest in Clone Wars era in X-wing, Armada or Imperial Assault.  

Actually, I really don't.  It's OK, but GCW ground combat is limited and relatively boring.  But I'm not too worried about it, considering that they've already pulled stuff from the Clone Wars into Legion (AT-RT), as well as in X-Wing (ARC-170, Sheathipede)  With the new factions in X-Wing, and the specific phrasing of various ship names, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Clone Wars enter the game in the next year or two, baring a direct order from the Mouse preventing it from happening. 

52 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Actually, I really don't.  It's OK, but GCW ground combat is limited and relatively boring.  But I'm not too worried about it, considering that they've already pulled stuff from the Clone Wars into Legion (AT-RT), as well as in X-Wing (ARC-170, Sheathipede)  With the new factions in X-Wing, and the specific phrasing of various ship names, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Clone Wars enter the game in the next year or two, baring a direct order from the Mouse preventing it from happening. 

There is a better chance of TCW stuff in Legion than the others.  That is for sure.  In X-wing it would require an additional 2 factions.  Now that 2nd ed is coming out that is a possibility some day with First Order and Resistance ships being separated into their own faction, a droid and Clone faction can actually make sense.  But that is another thread.  In Legion you can make them additional factions. War Machine and the GWS games have many factions, with the way Legion is set up, it will be stuck with 2 (3 if they do Scum faction) But I expect we'll see First Order and Resistance before droids and Clones.  

The Clone wars is a closed chapter in the movie universe, we will likely not see it revisited so no new stuff.  The sequel and Star Wars Stories series will be going until the end of time, so there are multiple future expansion options.  Despite some very vocal fans of the Clone Wars, it is simply not as popular as the GCW and New Republic eras.  And lastly while TCW had a lot of great vehicles, it's troops were very limited.  You had clones all wearing identical armor (besides paint) And only 3 base kinds of droids.  Vehicles are not a big part of Legion.  They are there to supplement the troops.  And because of the scale of the game they just don't fit on the board if they get any bigger than the AT-ST.  Even the Air Speeder if moving in slow motion just to stay on the map.  

3 hours ago, xbeaker said:

And lastly while TCW had a lot of great vehicles, it's troops were very limited.  You had clones all wearing identical armor (besides paint) And only 3 base kinds of droids.  Vehicles are not a big part of Legion.  They are there to supplement the troops.  And because of the scale of the game they just don't fit on the board if they get any bigger than the AT-ST.  Even the Air Speeder if moving in slow motion just to stay on the map.  

Whaaaat?  Really?  Huh, guess you're not all that familiar with the Clone Wars then.  There are far more variants of armor in the Clone Wars than what was seen in the OT (at least before Disney started to produce the dozen or so variants of its elongated Death/Shore/AT-ACT Driver/Hover tank commander/Range trooper helmet).  More then enough for several waves of troopers alone.  Heck, even having plain-jane Clone Troopers would give you at least two units, as FFG could release both Phase I and Phase II armored troopers with minor stat variance. 

For Clone troops:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Clone_trooper_variants

For Droids:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_droid

That's not counting any Jedi or named characters they would bring in, or the number of vehicles in the same scale as what we already have. 

Hello everybody
I also want to say the era of the Clone Wars is very big and fantastic.
except for the armies, there are many good characters of heroes. and all over the world there are a lot of fans of the clone war.
I hope that the developers will listen to our prayers, please let there be a war of clones?????

Please we can have clone war but only if we can have yoda commander 3 actions per round, 7hp speed 3 jump 3; 6 red dice lightsaber pierce 6, red Défense dice both attack and defense surge, this might be a little under powered but yoda was tough in the movies and a badass jumpin lightsaber dude.

so we can has clonewar if we can get this yoda ok???!!!

6 hours ago, Jabby said:

A survey i did about a month or two back showed people wanted clone wars more than scum and way more than sequel factions

I agree, the more clones are more interesting and colorful. There are a lot of heroes of technology and armies.

7 minutes ago, Fan Star Wars said:

I agree, the more clones are more interesting and colorful. There are a lot of heroes of technology and armies.

Where in the world are you from Fan Star Wars?  Just out of interest.