Sign in to follow this  
The captn

800pt imperial

With 2 core sets and veers so far here is my first 800pt imperial army. I'll be adding 2 squads of snow troopers whenever my flgs gets some in.

++  Standard (Galactic Empire) [798 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Darth Vader [225 Points]: Force Choke, Force Push, Saber Throw

•General Veers [90 Points]: Improvised Orders†

+ Corps +

Stormtroopers [79 Points]: DLT-19 Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper

Stormtroopers [68 Points]: DLT-19 Stormtrooper

+ Support +

74-Z Speeder Bikes [100 Points]: Long Range Comlink

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Ambush, ••Push, •••Assault, ••••Standing Orders

++ Total: [798 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I personally prefer Force Reflexes on Vader. It just keeps him alive much longer once he's in the middle of it all. That being said, I want to hear how this list does! I'm thinking about running a Veers/Vader list myself, but haven't yet.

I'll 2nd the call for Force Reflexes on Vader. The Dodge tokens are just too good to pass up. That's how you keep Vader alive as long as you can. 

I run a similar list at my FLGS until I can get my hands on either a 2nd ATST or 2 Snowtroopers. Here is my list. 

http://tabletopadmiral.com/legion/empire/p03u0au0duEMp08uEMuEMuEMp05u07u0euEMu06p05u07u0euEMu06p05u07uEMuEMu06p05u07uEMuEMu06p02uEMp02uEM

I'll add force reflexes to Vader.  I keep looking at the atst and it'll eventually find it's way to my army. Thanks for the heads up on keeping Vader alive. Is the concussion grenades worth the points on the troopers @copes? Revised Vader list below.

++  Standard (Galactic Empire) [798 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Darth Vader [225 Points]: Force Reflexes, Saber Throw

•General Veers [90 Points]: Improvised Orders†

+ Corps +

Stormtroopers [79 Points]: DLT-19 Stormtrooper, Stormtrooper

+ Support +

+ Command Hand +

++ Total: [798 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by The captn

The only reason I like Concussion is because the white attack dice miss a lot. If you can get close (which you usually will be for objective grabbing) then being able to use black attack dice over white is pretty huge. Ignoring cover is also a big deal. I love it.

That said, its a priority thing. On that list I couldn't add 2 extra Stormtroopers to the other two groups (would take me to 801) so I figured I'd go for Concussion Grenades on everything (20 points versus 22 points). Definitely play around with how you spend your extra points. 

4 hours ago, Copes said:

The only reason I like Concussion is because the white attack dice miss a lot. If you can get close (which you usually will be for objective grabbing) then being able to use black attack dice over white is pretty huge. Ignoring cover is also a big deal. I love it.

That said, its a priority thing. On that list I couldn't add 2 extra Stormtroopers to the other two groups (would take me to 801) so I figured I'd go for Concussion Grenades on everything (20 points versus 22 points). Definitely play around with how you spend your extra points. 

Thank you sir.  I hope to get a few games in this weekend and I'll give it a try and see what happens. Black dice are far better than white for sure.