skotothalamos

X-Wing Summer 2018 Survival Kit

Just now, Vargas79 said:

Excellent work, thank you!

i can’t make out one of the cards, I think it’s inertial dampeners? Does it work on the same way as 1.0?

It’s definitly different. I’ll see if I can get a better quality image in there. 

2 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Does Concordia faceoff work if you are range 0 of a ship carrying Zeb crew?

If Zeb works in the same way I’d assume the text will be amended to cover this off. 

Posted (edited)

Still missing Porkins and the updated Y-Wing dials, which I know where to find but haven’t had time to put in yet. And that last Rebel squad needs to be put together. And I found the art for the Black Squadron Aces.

And then I want to put in a section on rules changes. 

Edited by skotothalamos

1 hour ago, Vargas79 said:

Excellent work, thank you!

i can’t make out one of the cards, I think it’s inertial dampeners? Does it work on the same way as 1.0?

"Before you would execute a maneuver, you may spend 1 shield. If you do, execute a white (0 [stop]) instead of the maneuver you revealed, then gain 1 stress token."

2 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Thank you. I plan to add support of Second Edition in "Fly Casual" simulator, and I want to use pre-build squads from promo games. You have some images that I didn't had.

Awesome! I am super excited for this!

1 hour ago, Sekac said:

Ugh. That's a really bad card.  

Agreed, I know scum stuff is meant to be a tradeoff but even at 1 point in 200 game it's taking the place of a better illicit upgrade.

I suppose it has better value on high PS high shield ships. Zuckuss?

It could be combined with pulse ray shield for infinite hovering I suppose but lots of stress means no actions.

12 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

"Before you would execute a maneuver, you may spend 1 shield. If you do, execute a white (0 [stop]) instead of the maneuver you revealed, then gain 1 stress token."

I hadn't yet seen this nerf for Inertial Dampeners. This new version is literally a 0 point card. Definitely the worst card design I have seen for X-wing 2.0. Absolutely nothing was wrong with the original version.

1 minute ago, Dengar5 said:

I hadn't yet seen this nerf for Inertial Dampeners. This new version is literally a 0 point card. Definitely the worst card design I have seen for X-wing 2.0. Absolutely nothing was wrong with the original version.

I mean, it doesn't say "discard this card." I can think of lots of situations where if I move into a killbox I'll take a lot more than one damage. In those situations, I will happily spend one shield to not explode.

3 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

I mean, it doesn't say "discard this card." I can think of lots of situations where if I move into a killbox I'll take a lot more than one damage. In those situations, I will happily spend one shield to not explode.

You are right, it doesn't have "discard this card". So you could full stop 2 turns in a row... Still, it's very likely you will loss all your shields in the initial engagement and never have a chance to use the card. It would be nice to have a 0 point illicit option, which may be the reason for the nerf. I predict it will cost 1 point in 2.0, no one will ever play it, then they eventually reduce the price to 0 points.

12 minutes ago, Dengar5 said:

You are right, it doesn't have "discard this card". So you could full stop 2 turns in a row... Still, it's very likely you will loss all your shields in the initial engagement and never have a chance to use the card. It would be nice to have a 0 point illicit option, which may be the reason for the nerf. I predict it will cost 1 point in 2.0, no one will ever play it, then they eventually reduce the price to 0 points.

Yeah... I kinda wish it was "Suffer one [HIT]/Damage" instead, just so that it doesn't turn off if you get unlucky on the first engagement. Oh well, I guess we'll see. (I guess the idea is that you use your power to engage the dampeners... But it would also make sense if you took hull damage from stressing the ship)

@skotothalamos , it also may be beneficial to list the “threat level” cards (forget the technical name). I know somewhere they mentioned that each threat level is equivalent to approximately 25 points. We could probably use that to our benefit to dissect those and attempt to establish a stand in point system until we get the hard numbers.

3 hours ago, Kdubb said:

@skotothalamos , it also may be beneficial to list the “threat level” cards (forget the technical name). I know somewhere they mentioned that each threat level is equivalent to approximately 25 points. We could probably use that to our benefit to dissect those and attempt to establish a stand in point system until we get the hard numbers.

I'll get those in some time this week.

Updated the first page with some rules info.

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 3:05 AM, skotothalamos said:

(...) Well, FFG has been nice enough to show off at least 6 full squads in demo games both live and pre-recorded, and the good people of the internet have gathered those images so we can all see what's coming.

But what if you could play with them now to get a hang of the new systems and ships before they launch? (...)

Is not this risking forming a new stale 2.0 meta already? People training hard with the few revealed cards for 4 months now. So everyone playing the same builds when 2.0 finally is released. Instead of having a wide open array of all sorts of builds?