Sign in to follow this  
Talynblade

Tie interceptor ?

I am a new player to,the game and bought the imperial aces.... and printed out heroes of Arturi cluster....  my question is in arturi cluster states that the interceptor gets a free action prior to activitation..... is it arturi cluster only?   I looked through the literature and did not see anything on cards or information about it being a trait in pvp or core game?

can anyone clarify this for me?  Is their list of traits each ship has other than the pilot traits on the cards or mod cards etc..

thanks in advance.... just trying to learn the game..

Arturi Cluster rules are there own thing. Action before moving is normally an upgrade (Enhanced Sensors I believe) or pilot ability.

Normal game pattern is roughly as follows: Activation - movement - actions - combat.

In all honesty, I recommend playing the trial match that the core set details to get a handling on the basic game mechanics.

28 minutes ago, Talynblade said:

I am a new player to,the game and bought the imperial aces.... and printed out heroes of Arturi cluster....  my question is in arturi cluster states that the interceptor gets a free action prior to activitation..... is it arturi cluster only?   I looked through the literature and did not see anything on cards or information about it being a trait in pvp or core game?

That’s a HotAC thing. I recommend learning the base game thoroughly before diving into HotAC. 

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster is a homebrew system using special rules for AI-controlled Imperials (or whoever is designated as the "enemy"), for human players to then cooperatively play together to defeat them.  it is heavily modified from the original rules, and while players generally follow many of the core rules it is very much a customized variant.  Some of the things the AI ships can do are based on the original ship's capabilities or common upgrade configurations, but it is still very different from the base rules.  For example, TIE Interceptors are often equipped with the upgrade card Push the Limit which allows them to perform multiple actions such as boost or barrel roll in a single turn, and thus the AI-controlled interceptors have some of that built in as it represents the flavor of the ship.

You should definitely familiarize yourself with the core rules before trying to play a variant like heroes of the aturi cluster