NervousSam

Since I already talk a lot about this game, I decided to start a X-Wing 2.0 blog

Great feedback. PTL was replaced by linked actions. Each ship chassis has a few actions they can perform together for the cost of a stress. For example, all fangs have target lock, focus, boost, or barrel roll. 1.0 with PTL, you could choose in any order, which 2 actions to perform. The 2.0 fang now has 2 options instead. It can boost and link to a stressful red action and focus, or it can barrel roll for also red focus. 

This raises the floor of action economy by letting more ships get multiple actions, but also limits the ceiling on how abusive those actions can be by limiting the action combos. Fenn cannot boost and barrel roll to arc dodge anymore. It also leaves the EPT slot open to increase variety in gameplay. 

Edited by NervousSam

5 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Personally I dont feel addressed by this blog (for beginners) but you could redo the "earn your wings" series taking medium bases into account. That article is and always will be one of the best for beginners.

I can't wait to get those medium bases in hand from the Reaper and Saw's renegades and start figuring out the new rule of 11 with them, or how to pinwheel them with small and large base ships. That will totally be covered later.

8 hours ago, NervousSam said:

What topics would y'all like to read about in a blog?

With 2.0 coming out, now is a great time to establish yourself as a premier X-Wing 2nd Edition blogger.  Good articles are the original content that will bring people to the blog, but if you have time, you can make the blog THE place for X-Wing 2.0 news.

Build a menu with useful links.  The damage deck and certain cards have been spoiled.  Link that info.  Link the FFG articles.  When someone builds a probability calculator, link it.  

You live in a big metro, and the locals can be your core audience.  On the menu, provide a link to info on the local X-Wing scene—upcoming tournaments, casual nights, etc.  The big podcasts usually highlight their local scene to some degree.  Your blog can do the same.  Consider finding a local buddy to update that part.  You don’t have to do it all yourself.

Keep it fun, and let your love for the game and the X-Wing community shine through.  Your readers are people who love the game-they want to read articles from someone who feels the same way.

Finally, take my input with a grain of salt.  You’ve thought about it more than I have.  I hope you have fun with it!

Thanks for kind words. I've got lots planned to come content wise. Still working the kinks out on the technical side of things. Highlighting the local scene is great idea I hadn't thought of yet. I'll add that to my list.

Edited by NervousSam