Jump to content
Garhelm

Other operatives

Recommended Posts

Supper hyped to get my hands on bobba he looks leathal .

but reading the artical begs the question what other oppratives can we expect to see mainly for the rebel’s as they currently don’t have any my guess is  chewbacca  but It would also be cool to hear what you guys think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chewbacca is the obvious first choice for Rebels. Since he's kind of a protector/guardian character, I'd love to see some synergy with commanders using Chewie's command cards. Maybe you play a command card of his that lets him give a dodge token or two to nearby commanders, or he maybe even prevents a unit from attacking that commander. Lots of cool thematic possibilities with him.

Lando could be a cool operative, sure we see him as a "general" in RoTJ but they kind of just threw that title at him. So we could see him as a commander if they released "Bespin troopers" but I think he'd be a great operative and maybe a cheaper, less powerful version of Han.

I think any cool supporting character that wasn't a leader we've seen will probably end up as an operative.

And I think a probe droid, or really any droids will end up as their own unit type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Ideally, I'd hope for characters like Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade.  This being the Dark Age of Disney, we'll probably get forgettable pilot #1138.

As much as I love the old eu books I don't think there's any way we'll ever get Mara jade, or really any of the legends stuff, unless it becomes cannon in some way first. I know they brought in a lot of legends eu stuff with xwing but since they seem to be cutting a lot of it out with xwing 2.0 I can't really imagine them implementing it here.

Edited by Themoaningwhale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Themoaningwhale said:

As much as I love the old eu books I don't think there's any way we'll ever get Mara jade, or really any of the legends stuff, unless it becomes cannon in some way first. I know they brought in a lot of legends eu stuff with xwing but since they seem to be cutting a lot of it out with xwing 2.0 I can't really imagine them implementing it here.

Then here is to hoping they let Zahn write a Mara Jade book during her time as an Imperial Agent/Emperor's Hand so we can get her in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chewbacca is an obvious Rebel operative. I have also seen Hondo suggested. Some other characters I can think of from the "Rebels" show whose names escape me. 

For Imperials, I suspect we might see more Bounty Hunters. Bossk, IG-88, Zuckuss and 4-Lom are the obvious choices. 

It wouldn't surprise me if other non-combat characters can be dropped into this slot. R2-D2 with the ability to repair vehicles? 

I don't think we will see Legend characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Garhelm said:

At Supper hyped to get my hands on bobba he looks leathal .

but reading the artical begs the question what other oppratives can we expect to see mainly for the rebel’s as they currently don’t have any my guess is  chewbacca  but It would also be cool to hear what you guys think 

I mean, Iden, Bossk, Dengar, IG-88.

Chewbacca/Lando could each to either way, maybe a good way to add additional Jedi like Ben. It’s almost certainly going to be a way to include additional side objectives as indicated by the bounty power on Fett. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Kyle Katarn would be so so siiiiick. I mean, I don’t think he is canon, though they allowed him into the x wing game so I couldn’t say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kojib said:

A Kyle Katarn would be so so siiiiick. I mean, I don’t think he is canon, though they allowed him into the x wing game so I couldn’t say.

For FFG it doesn't matter wether something is canon or not. They have the official permission to release Legends content. And they are willing to do it. The last two non-movie X-Wing waves had 4 Legends ships Out of 6 ships released.

The guys at FFG have shown that they are big fans of Legends.

Oh and, I think it was Hidalgo, had oficially stated that FFG products are intended to represent Disney Canon and Legends Canon equally to allow players to play in each timeline as they see fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dwing said:

I could even imagine a Second Han Solo with operative status. Then you could run Leia, Luke as commanders and Han, Chewie as operatives in the same list. 

Better still, have Operative Chewbacca come with an operative unit card version of Han, Lando, and Luke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urgh. Lando makes so much sense as an operative

- but he is a general. 

Flavour wise it makes so much sense for him to be an operative though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RogueLeader42 said:

For FFG it doesn't matter wether something is canon or not. They have the official permission to release Legends content. And they are willing to do it. The last two non-movie X-Wing waves had 4 Legends ships Out of 6 ships released.

The guys at FFG have shown that they are big fans of Legends.

Oh and, I think it was Hidalgo, had oficially stated that FFG products are intended to represent Disney Canon and Legends Canon equally to allow players to play in each timeline as they see fit.

I imagine we would see Kanan or Ezra as Jedi on the battlefield before we would se Kyle Katarn though ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kojib said:

Urgh. Lando makes so much sense as an operative

- but he is a general. 

Flavour wise it makes so much sense for him to be an operative though.

Lando commander with operative Lobot and operative ice cream maker guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...