Sign in to follow this  
mansour_aref

what happens if the exploration deck runs out

So, what happens if you draw from the Exploration deck and all the remaining cards get placed next to the deck and then the deck runs out?

This happened on a first play and all Treachery cards and none of the locations left in the deck connected to where the investigator doing the Explore action was located.

Is it “unsuccessful”? Even though we didn’t draw a Treachery card? Or “successful”?

When you reveal a treachery, the exploration is unsuccessful and the exploration action ends. 

When you reveal a non-connected location, you reveal another card from the exploration deck until you find a connecting location or a treachery. In that case, the non-connected locations are reshuffled into the exploration deck at the end of the exploration action. 

I hope it make it clear, but since you reshuffle back the locations, the deck will only run out when you had find all the possible locations. 

I think he is asking what happens if you explore and the only locations in the explore deck are connected to OTHER locations. I don't have an answer other than to table-rule that the exploration is unsuccessful, and you just stop drawing exploration cards. Now you should know where you need to go to explore successfully.

9 hours ago, Paligru said:

When you reveal a non-connected location, you reveal another card from the exploration deck until you find a connecting location or a treachery.

How, HOW, do I miss sentences like that when I read new rules.  We could have crushed the second scenario on the first play-through.:rolleyes:  Explore - we draw a card: location, not connecting.  Shuffle deck.  2nd Explore - we draw a card: location, not connecting.  Shuffle deck.  3nd Explore - we draw a card: location, connecting, put it in play.  Luckily, half the time it was Ursula so she could at least explore when she got there.

We had purged the deck of treacheries (by provisions or drawing them) and could have moved before ending our turn so many times.  Live and learn.  It is by no means the first time I've screwed up the first time I've played a scenario.   *heavy sigh*

I personally would rule that it was unsuccessful (to answer the OP's last question) because no connecting location was placed. I don't think there's an official answer though as far as I know.