tripecac

Storage (3x3 pocket pages) - How many do we need now?

I have my cards sleeved in Ultimate Guard Supreme Matte sleeves, and have just grabbed some of their 18-pocket pages in order to sort my (small) collection.  They claim to be able to store 18 double-sleeved cards - I've just tried them out for space, and they fit 3 single-sleeved cards in each pocket nicely.  Not tried filling up all the pockets yet, I'll report if they don't work so well when full.

8 hours ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

Some binders are made to fit sleeved cards. They will say if they do in the description. The Ultra Pro nine pocket that I got does.

Ok thanks! :)

This is a bit of a costy solution, but works fantastic and I love it. I use Tom's graphics: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1115086/geckoths-new-storage-solution

and use this site to print in 500 card boxes (which fit the deluxe and AP of every cycle perfectly) - https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/print/card-game-box-500-cards.html

This is the final product and wouldnt have organized my cards in any other way!

34135106_10111937649795963_1768620704464371712_n.jpg

34190666_10111937651168213_1164500959775162368_o.jpg

I've just finished my 3x3 pages and am really pleased. I dont think deck building will be as easy as it has been with all cards loose, BUT the number of cards I didn't realise I had that I can now see clearly is great so while slower, deck building should be better quality and more fun. 

Very happy I've done this. 

Edited by alexbobspoons

20 hours ago, Kakita Shiro said:

How many sleeved cards does it hold?

Not sure, but it definitely fits all of the deluxe and AP cards of each cycle (all sleeved + the dividers) within its specific box comfortably, with a little extra space to spare.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, LoPocket said:

This is a bit of a costy solution, but works fantastic and I love it. I use Tom's graphics: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1115086/geckoths-new-storage-solution

and use this site to print in 500 card boxes (which fit the deluxe and AP of every cycle perfectly) - https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/print/card-game-box-500-cards.html

This is the final product and wouldnt have organized my cards in any other way!

34135106_10111937649795963_1768620704464371712_n.jpg

34190666_10111937651168213_1164500959775162368_o.jpg

This looks amazing. What did you use to make the dividers? Were they done on the website or by hand?

Also, how do you store your player cards? I'd love to see some more pictures if you have the time. I'm most likely going to be ordering those boxes eventually. Do you know if the newest cycle has a graphic uploaded yet? I'm going to be looking through that link to BGG later today.

Any chance someone could write up a quick "How to" for dummies or link a post if one was written in the past? I really want to get these boxes like @LoPocket had from the website, but just want to know I'm doing it right before dropping the money on it as I've never done custom boxes like this.

Also, I have the divider PDF now, but what was used to print them? Are those on that website and were ordered? Or printed at home or through Staples or something with special paper?

Sorry for being a noob when it comes to printing things.  :rolleyes: This is the first game I've ever played enough to have storage issues that warranted a custom solution.

Edited by TheGuardian118

Regarding pocket pages, I have 3 core sets, so 3 Undaunted Courages.  If I play with all 3 of them, the space in the binder is left blank.  This makes it hard to quickly see where to put the Undaunted Courages back when I am done with them.  For the other cards in the core set, there's almost always a 4th card which I can use as a visual placeholder.

But then there's all the expansions, which only add 3 copies of each card.  So if I ever play with 3 of a card, I end up with "holes" in the binder.

So my question is:

Is there a way to print out the cards, similarly to how people would print out proxies, so that I can use the print-outs as placeholders in the binders for where I'm playing with all 3 copies of a card?

I can't answer the printout question.  However, I sort player cards with pocket pages, so when I put back a 3x card, I just put it in the first blank spot for the sphere/type/cost -- and if there are no blank spots, I add another pocket page at that point to create 9 blank spots and put it there.  By not worrying about keeping the order constant within the sphere/type/cost, I not only can teardown more quickly, I can also add new player cards more quickly.

28 minutes ago, tripecac said:

Is there a way to print out the cards, similarly to how people would print out proxies, so that I can use the print-outs as placeholders in the binders for where I'm playing with all 3 copies of a card?

An interesting point of view… I actually find it easier to file cards back into my binders when there's a "hole", as it's a much clearer signal that there's a spot I should be filing into, as opposed to having to explicitly recognize the individual art pieces on each one.

1 hour ago, tripecac said:

To fill in for a third core set, I copies card images to Microsoft Word and printed them out on cardstock (home printer and laminated them. That should work in this example, too.

@TheGuardian118 Do you mean just printing, cutting, and building the boxes from BBG on your own or ordering/making boxes from that specific website? I'm afraid I can't help you in the latter case.

1 minute ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

To fill in for a third core set, I copies card images to Microsoft Word and printed them out on cardstock (home printer and laminated them. That should work in this example, too.

@TheGuardian118 Do you mean just printing, cutting, and building the boxes from BBG on your own or ordering/making boxes from that specific website? I'm afraid I can't help you in the latter case.

Boxes and labels/dividers. Mostly the labels/dividers as I think I'll go with the website to order the boxes.

Though if you have any experience with how difficult doing the boxes by hand are I wouldn't mind hearing about it; maybe it's not as hard as I'm thinking it is?

20 hours ago, tripecac said:

Regarding pocket pages, I have 3 core sets, so 3 Undaunted Courages.  If I play with all 3 of them, the space in the binder is left blank.  This makes it hard to quickly see where to put the Undaunted Courages back when I am done with them.  For the other cards in the core set, there's almost always a 4th card which I can use as a visual placeholder.

But then there's all the expansions, which only add 3 copies of each card.  So if I ever play with 3 of a card, I end up with "holes" in the binder.

So my question is:

I use color coded binders from Ultimate guard and sort my cards "progression-style" according to my own desired playlist.

I designed and printed some custom "divider" cards to go into my binder sheets.  If there are several holes together (likely), I can at least return the card within the dividers so that it is close to the right spot.

DSC_1671.JPG

binders - JPEG_20180612_144943.jpg

On 7/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, TheGuardian118 said:

Boxes and labels/dividers. Mostly the labels/dividers as I think I'll go with the website to order the boxes.

Though if you have any experience with how difficult doing the boxes by hand are I wouldn't mind hearing about it; maybe it's not as hard as I'm thinking it is?

Well, I just saved the files and had them printed on size A3 cardstock. I didn't laminate them, but that might be an option. It'll be a chore cutting them out, but they're worth it. There might be a problem with the size, though, since the label part sticks up from the rest of the divider. It's really not hard to make the boxes yourself, just make sure you cut them correctly. :ph34r: They aren't the sturdiest of boxes, though, so you might still want to order them from that website.

@CDavis7M's solution would work well too.

I just re-sleeved 3 of each player card, and then stored them back in the binders, along with a 4th of each card as a placeholder.  (For Unexpected Courage and the others I had to use proxies).

So I can confirm that you can easily fit 3 sleeved cards plus 1 unsleeved card in each pocket in binders like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Folio-9-Pocket-LX-Album-Blue/dp/B00MVCRYTA/