Sithborg

Conversion Kit Unboxing on 5/18

I am a teacher with a free period during the time this unboxing starts. Excitement!

1) I'm Johnny 5 right now "Need input!"

2) Quick Build Cards = my locals and I can begin playing immediately. Pick a threat level > add together cards to a total equal to that threat level (or DRAFT them!) > play >  enjoy X-Wing Life.

4 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Will be more than happy if

1.) Arcs are swell/get reinforce (need it v jousters)

If spray gets red reinforce, whole boost

Arc gets white reinforce, red roll 

2.) Ks fill the niche left by Nym/res bombers (bomb launcher, also necessary v jousters) instead of just being... Miranda

2.) Punisher is good and also a native bomb launcher 

I would be gosh-darn thrilled if the B-wing, G1A, Arc and Punisher all got Re-enforce in various combinations on their action bar. Effectively being the "Yes, this ship is heavily shielded, and expects to attempt a frontal assault while being a sitting duck" action.

This still isn't everyone - K-wings and Y-wings especially will probably rely more on turret-based positioning to keep healthy when not throwing bombs and/or massive ordinance - but it would be truly lovely for the 'forward only, facetank everything' ships to be able to actually, y'know, do so.

Don't think we need reinforce on everything

Just fatter base, more expensive, less manueverable fat things like the arc and yv (and new, boost-less Deci)

Which would otherwise just get obliterated by more efficient ships 

so,

1. ARC
  2. YV
  3. Deci
  4. arguably Punisher, because the chassis is just kinda ****
  5. maybe red on lambda (conceit being it's going to be cheap)
  6. Upsilon

and ofc wookie because I guess they had it in 1.0. would make the B-wing having it sort of redundant

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 hours ago, Incard said:

I am a teacher with a free period during the time this unboxing starts. Excitement!

1) I'm Johnny 5 right now "Need input!"

2) Quick Build Cards = my locals and I can begin playing immediately. Pick a threat level > add together cards to a total equal to that threat level (or DRAFT them!) > play >  enjoy X-Wing Life.

I think this has to be where things will go after the unboxing. We will identify what seems to be a close threat level to a standard 200 point game, and go from there.

16 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

I think this has to be where things will go after the unboxing. We will identify what seems to be a close threat level to a standard 200 point game, and go from there.

Threat level 8 should be around 200 points. If they show the quick build cards, I know what I’m doing until September!

Just fatter base, more expensive, less manueverable fat things like the arc and yv (and new, boost-less Deci)

so,

1. ARC
  2. YV
  3. Deci
  6. Upsilon

and ofc wookie because I guess they had it in 1.0. would make the B-wing having it sort of redundant

B-wings are meant to be punchy and tough.

I'd love for them to actually be so.

so,

1. ARC
  2. YV
  3. Deci
  6. Upsilon

Ghost

29 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Ghost

Ghost might just need reinforced deflectors baked in, rather than straight up reinforce.

Of course this is assuming the Primary 4 at minimum either becomes a 3 OR is tossed out altogether in favor of rotating turrets.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Ghostll probably have it to

Though it'll cost it its 4 die primary 

Makes me wonder if we will see anything other than 2-3 die primaries. I mean, we probably don't need anything different than that, but it's also kind of unfortunate that it has to be that unchanging.

5 hours ago, Kdubb said:

Makes me wonder if we will see anything other than 2-3 die primaries. I mean, we probably don't need anything different than that, but it's also kind of unfortunate that it has to be that unchanging.

Multiple shots are going to be the new 4-dice primaries I reckon.

5 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Right dab smack in the middle of the work day. Great. Well im sure there'll be like 4 dozen articles talking about it anyway i can read later

Well, it's also their workday which is why it is when it is (though it seems they purposely chose a lunch hour)...but yeah, I fully expect to see a running list of contents within minutes after they are revealed.

Edited by AlexW

39 minutes ago, ScumDan said:

Wait what? How did I miss this? Whisper seems a lot less scary now.

Someone did a close-up look at the image with the Whisper base insert. FFG tried to hide Whisper's attack number with a large base insert but you can see the red 3 through the hole in the center.

I'd imagine they'd be roughly on par with xwings

Got their old statline of 2 agi, five health, 3 die primary 

So not terribly efficient, but the amount of tricky bull Stygium array lets you pull off precombat (since you can use evade to recloak without having to spend actions, leaving you free to roll around) and the fact that you don't need to attack is awesome

Also, the decloak evade is an action...but the spend to recloak is not. Red manuever cloak!

And then Whisper can both tank with free evade and then still recloak with the evade from her ability (provided she hits), benefitting defensively from Stygium regardless of who shoots first!

And know you can put ACTUAL EPTS on her! (Instead of stapling +2 ps)

If the price is right, the phantom will be incredible and fun as ****

Edited by ficklegreendice

48 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

And know you can put ACTUAL EPTS on her! (Instead of stapling +2 ps)

If the price is right, the phantom will be incredible and fun as ****

So want to use phantoms that don’t pop as soon as they hit the table ;)