Sithborg

Conversion Kit Unboxing on 5/18

Just now, piznit said:

Question.  Onyx TIE Aggressor for instance.  Are there no indications on the pilot cards that show what upgrades they can take?  I don't see where it says it can equip a turret or how many mods.  Is that something you'll only see on the app?

Yes, upgrade slots are APP only.

3 minutes ago, redxavier said:

This was a really great stream and gave us a general idea of what has been changed. I do wish they had shown off more upgrade cards, but understand that they want to keep a lot of these unspoiled for now (still 4 months worth of articles to write!).

I'm going to express my concern over Dengar. Being able to attack twice was always a bad idea. But while Corran got a nerf to his mostly balanced 1.0 ability (now he only attacks at the beginning and cannot fire again that round), Dengar retained his ability without any actual difference. And while there's a charge limit on his counterattack, he is able to regenerate that charge with every round, so it's effectively not a limit at all (though I suppose it stops him from counterattacking at every attacker which would just have been insane).

I wonder why they didn't use either the Jabba the Hutt style mechanic (greater pool of charges with no recharge) or the same mechanic as they are on another upgrade (don't remember which one) where they had a pool of 3 and the ability required using all 3 of those, you then had to recharge over 3 turns before you could use the ability again.

Anyhow, I'll remain optimistic that Dengar will be better balanced in terms of point cost this time around.

In regards to Dengar they did **** his dial on the JM5K.  So that'll help :)

26 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Range bonus on range 3, 2 dice at range 1, red broll, and mobile arc?

Is nerf 

They *said* two dice at range 0-1 on stream, but I don't really see that on the card.  It says "Sensor Blindspot: While you perform a primary attack at range 0-1, do not apply the range 0-1 bonus, and roll 1 fewer attack die".  From 4 dice, that'd be 3, right?

Anyhow, I think it'll be fair: it'll just be baked into the point cost.

28 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

They said the kits do not have quick builds

Can't say I'm happy with that.  Sort of makes the upgrade kits non-starters for casual players.  I guess they are assuming anyone who bought into 1.0 and is thinking of buying into 2.0 must not by definition be casual, but...that's kind of a crappy assumption.

1 minute ago, Ailowynn said:

Yeah, do we know if this info I’ll be posted anywhere else? I only caught the tail end of the stream. 

Someone on Reddit posted a bunch of screenshots. Looks like they got about every card that was shown.

1 minute ago, xanderf said:

Can't say I'm happy with that.  Sort of makes the upgrade kits non-starters for casual players.  I guess they are assuming anyone who bought into 1.0 and is thinking of buying into 2.0 must not by definition be casual, but...that's kind of a crappy assumption.

I imagine it won't be hard to find the quick build cards online. They're designed to give you builds out of the box, and the conversion kits are pretty big boxes

8 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Wait, how do we know the Striker has bombs?  They don't show the upgrade slots on the cards anymore?

Mentioned in the voiceover.

8 minutes ago, piznit said:

Question.  Onyx TIE Aggressor for instance.  Are there no indications on the pilot cards that show what upgrades they can take?  I don't see where it says it can equip a turret or how many mods.  Is that something you'll only see on the app?

Only in the app, except when cards add slots.

1 minute ago, xanderf said:

Why? The app still works for fun builds. It’s free and will be good to go.

For those wondering, the whole thing is archived on Twitch, just go to the stream, hit videos and you can watch it again from the beginning. 

8 minutes ago, redxavier said:

Dengar retained his ability without any actual difference.

The difference is Dengar doesn't inherently have a primary arc. This means you either have to keep his arc locked forward (and because of red rotates and a worse dial this is harder) or equip and be able to fire his torpedoes (which the app can take away at any time if it's a problem). 

9 minutes ago, redxavier said:

This was a really great stream and gave us a general idea of what has been changed. I do wish they had shown off more upgrade cards, but understand that they want to keep a lot of these unspoiled for now (still 4 months worth of articles to write!).

I'm going to express my concern over Dengar. Being able to attack twice was always a bad idea. But while Corran got a nerf to his mostly balanced 1.0 ability (now he only attacks at the beginning and cannot fire again that round), Dengar retained his ability without any actual difference. And while there's a charge limit on his counterattack, he is able to regenerate that charge with every round, so it's effectively not a limit at all (though I suppose it stops him from counterattacking at every attacker which would just have been insane).

I wonder why they didn't use either the Jabba the Hutt style mechanic (greater pool of charges with no recharge) or the same mechanic as they are on another upgrade (don't remember which one) where they had a pool of 3 and the ability required using all 3 of those, you then had to recharge over 3 turns before you could use the ability again.

Anyhow, I'll remain optimistic that Dengar will be better balanced in terms of point cost this time around.

As they pointed out, though, Dengar has no primary arc attack, so you have to (by red action) have your turret pointed the right way (or fire a torpedo) for you to use his ability.

7 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Aren't the quick builds in the app anyways?

15 minutes ago, redxavier said:

DId you see his dial?  

I tried uploading my screenshots wholesale and that is taking forever, and the first attempt led to an upload error, so here is Nehekharan's screenshot images of the stream for the Rebel, Empire, and Scum factions.

https://imgur.com/a/53G6Ttw (Rebel)

https://imgur.com/a/Dp3flqy (Empire)

https://imgur.com/a/DTcmIPE (Scum)

Edited by Animewarsdude

8 minutes ago, xanderf said:

I just figure the app has them all anyway.