Sithborg

Conversion Kit Unboxing on 5/18

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

Yes it does 

Only the vcx has a proper four die primary

The vcx can hit you for FIVE dice at range 1

The outrider? 2

Massive difference

No, it's still three.  The text was 'when you attack at r1, you don't get the range bonus and you lose a die' or thereabouts.  So it has a 2 primary at range 1, with bonus, or a 3 primary without bonus.

The phrasing of the v/o was really misleading.

3 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Yes it does 

Only the vcx has a proper four die primary

The vcx can hit you for FIVE dice at range 1

The outrider? 2

Massive difference

can someone explain this to me? maybe I read the ability wrong but seemed it said at range 1 you roll 1 fewer instead of 1 more die, but 4 - 1 = 3, yet they are saying at range 1 it shoots with only 2, huh?

1 minute ago, Tailsgod said:

Hey haven’t been able to watch the stream

Curious on these pilots

Is Tycho still there 

what’s Hera’s ability

Ahsoka?

and Cienna Ree?

Ciena Ree we only saw the Crew version but she's beasty - when you coordinate, if they do a boost or roll, they can take a stress to turn 90.  SUPER nice on low PS coordinators.

Just now, Tailsgod said:

Hey haven’t been able to watch the stream

Curious on these pilots

Is Tycho still there 

what’s Hera’s ability

Ahsoka?

and Cienna Ree?

I don't think they showed or mentioned Tycho, though they did mention they were taking out things that allowed for unlimited token stacking, so I'd expect his ability to be different at least.

Hera's ability was I think the same.

I don't think Ahsoka was shown.

They showed a Ciena Ree crew card that ... uh ... sorry.

Just now, ficklegreendice said:

Also, rebel bias whining has to mention massive buffs to

Defender

Bomber

Punisher

Lambda

Firespray 

Etc.

I'm not claiming systemic bias in anyway.  I'm claiming I'm disappointed that The Empire lsot its only 4 die primary, and scum didn't gain one.

Rebels kept theirs, AND gained a new one.

I'm not talking about anything else, I'm talking about 4 die primaries.

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

SmltWmg.jpg

Here are the bombs, I'm trying to upload the images I screen capped of the ships and their pilots and upgrades, though I missed a few like Guri while fiddling with all that.

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't include the bomb effects on the card - but i guess there wouldn't be room for the images.

Also I didn't notice that Rigged Cargo now goes in a bomb slot rather than illicit that's interesting.

5 minutes ago, Skandranon said:

can someone explain this to me? maybe I read the ability wrong but seemed it said at range 1 you roll 1 fewer instead of 1 more die, but 4 - 1 = 3, yet they are saying at range 1 it shoots with only 2, huh?

The card also states "no range bonus." 

This was a really great stream and gave us a general idea of what has been changed. I do wish they had shown off more upgrade cards, but understand that they want to keep a lot of these unspoiled for now (still 4 months worth of articles to write!).

I'm going to express my concern over Dengar. Being able to attack twice was always a bad idea. But while Corran got a nerf to his mostly balanced 1.0 ability (now he only attacks at the beginning and cannot fire again that round), Dengar retained his ability without any actual difference. And while there's a charge limit on his counterattack, he is able to regenerate that charge with every round, so it's effectively not a limit at all (though I suppose it stops him from counterattacking at every attacker which would just have been insane).

I wonder why they didn't use either the Jabba the Hutt style mechanic (greater pool of charges with no recharge) or the same mechanic as they are on another upgrade (don't remember which one) where they had a pool of 3 and the ability required using all 3 of those, you then had to recharge over 3 turns before you could use the ability again.

Anyhow, I'll remain optimistic that Dengar will be better balanced in terms of point cost this time around.

Question.  Onyx TIE Aggressor for instance.  Are there no indications on the pilot cards that show what upgrades they can take?  I don't see where it says it can equip a turret or how many mods.  Is that something you'll only see on the app?