Fuzzywookie

Interdictor

Yep. And it can be a lot of fun too. Not much firepower, but very hard to kill and if you can manage to double-arc (not too hard) it has the equivalent of an ISD's front arc, so it is better than one would at first assume.

Normally, people use it with Targeting Scramblers and the Interdictor title, to aid in the defense of friendly nearby ships.

I would say that it is a really good ship that is not often fully appreciated.

With the latest updates, Capt Brunson and HIEs make is actually viable. You really have to understand its limits. It is a definite point sink, but it really tough to kill if played correctly. I have found two fleet types that work for me with it. Token farming with squadron play and taking a quasar along with it. The other is having it trial a heavy hitter to help protect and clean up if the front line ship dies, ISD Kuat or Cymoon  (w/ Vader). 

My Standard Interdictor Build (Normally is my flag ship too)

Interdictor Suppression Refit (90)
• Captain Brunson (5)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Grav Shift Reroute (2)
• Targeting Scrambler (5)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• Interdictor (3)
= 117 Points

I will add a support team depending on the rest of the fleet and if I have extra points. Another one of the guys in my area is running this regularly with Thrawn and doing pretty well. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzywookie said:

It looks very interesting. What are your thoughts? Do people play this ship?

It used to suck, but not any more. I took 2nd (Thursday) and 1st (Saturday) at Adepticon this year with a Sloane Interdictor fleet. Relevant links:

http://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/04/imperial-ship-review-interdictor-cruiser.html

http://cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2018/03/eric-adepticon-wrapup.html

47 minutes ago, BozoLtD said:

• Captain Brunson (5)
• Disposable Capacitors (3)
• Grav Shift Reroute (2)
• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)
• Interdictor (3)
= 117 Points

I swap out Brunson for Tua/ECM. It fights mch harder than people expect. HIE actually gets it up in the range to kill hammerheads, Raiders, and CR90s in an activation (with double arc). Arquitens usually survive... barely. 

Edited by Church14

3 minutes ago, Sbloom141 said:

I love the tricks the thing has, and seeing as I exclusively play casually it’s always a bit of a special occasion when it’s on the board. Plus, if you highlight the wells it looks bad ***. Always wanted to buy another and do it in green!

IMG_0495.jpg

Great job (mine is dark exactly like this but in dark red). I personally think the Interdictor can be the coolest looking ship on the board with the smallest amount of painting.

It took me ages fiddling about to try and get a shade I was happy with, it’s basically white followed by watered down blood red. Thought it would be a really easy job but I must have gone over it 3-4 times!

I use a Kuat ISD with my Interdictor and put the rest of my points into squadrons. I clearly take the hit on activations but strategically it hasnt hurt me as much as you would expect. 

I use 

• Interdictor
  • Commandant Aresko
  • Engineering Team (Still debating using engine techs instead)
  • Quad Laser Turrets
  • G-8 Experimental Projector
  • Targeting Scrambler

Konstantine and Tractor beams on the ISD force my opponent into always selecting navigation commands which, as @Snipafist points out, isnt that big of a setback but it works for me. 

12 hours ago, Nagasadow said:

I use a Kuat ISD with my Interdictor and put the rest of my points into squadrons. I clearly take the hit on activations but strategically it hasnt hurt me as much as you would expect. 

I use 

• Interdictor
  • Commandant Aresko
  • Engineering Team (Still debating using engine techs instead)
  • Quad Laser Turrets
  • G-8 Experimental Projector
  • Targeting Scrambler

Konstantine and Tractor beams on the ISD force my opponent into always selecting navigation commands which, as @Snipafist points out, isnt that big of a setback but it works for me. 

This is the list that my friend likes to run against me. Haven’t gotten a chance to run Sloane Ace’s or a Raddus Bomb against him, which I think would give this list some problems.

1 hour ago, Nagasadow said:

Yeah, thats me and reading about Sloanes Aces does make me nervous. The Quad Laser turrets are there to help with cases where my fighter screen falls apart but a TPW would still spell defeat for me. 

Early Warning System on the Kuat can help against any fighter list. Do you have points for 4-6 TIEs? That might hold it for... 1/2 to 1 round.

Name: Kuat Interdiction
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Konstantine

Assault: Advanced Gunnery
Defense: Capture the VIP
Navigation: Solar Corona

ISD Kuat Refit (112)
• Admiral Konstantine (23)
• Instructor Goran (7)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams (6)
• Reinforced Blast Doors (5)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Relentless (3)
= 168 Points

• Commandant Aresko (7)
• Engineering Team (5)
• Quad Laser Turrets (5)
• G-8 Experimental Projector (8)
• Interdictor (3)
= 123 Points

Squadrons:
• Dengar (20)
• Howlrunner (16)
• Gar Saxon (23)
• Soontir Fel (18)
• Mauler Mithel (15)
• Ciena Ree (17)
= 109 Points

Total Points: 400

This is what Im working with. My squadrons are built to make my opponent regret investing in squadrons if they did and regret not investing in squadrons if they didnt. 

Edited by Nagasadow
Never quite realized *how* good engine techs are.

14 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Ecm with interdictor means you Burn one if its 2 effective tokens. This is bad. Except maybe with Tagge. Brunson is defense without using tokens. 

Brunson is superior in every way to tua ecm on the dictor. 

Quoted for truth. Brunson can get untapped by the Interdictor title as well, whereas ECM generally won't unless you're really desperate.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say superior in every way, but Brunson is easily superior in most circumstances and I have a hard time recommending Tua+ECMs unless it's a really meta-specific call, but in circumstances where you'd want/need the brace that badly, Brunson+Scramblers will usually do the job just fine.

34 minutes ago, Nagasadow said:

What about EWS vs ECM. EWS looks really good but I feel like when it *is* good I will have misplayed. 

If it's comparing EWS with Tua versus Brunson, Brunson still wins handily in my book.

EWS versus ECM is a meta call (do you fear swarms/squads more or big attacks with an accuracy more?) but it's also a call based on how you intend to use the ship. Ships that like to double-arc (like Kuats and ISD-Is and Interdictors) will generally be presenting more possible target hull zones to the enemy fleet due to that reason and therefore are more likely to find that their EWSed hull zone gets shot around. Ships that like to present one large arc (Gunnery Team ISDs and Home One MC80s and the like) to an enemy fleet will find it stays relevant a lot more regularly.

Both Kuats and Interdictors like double-arcing so I wouldn't go EWS on either. I especially wouldn't put any officer on an Interdictor Interdictor that isn't Brunson. She's too good there to not use.

8 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

If it's comparing EWS with Tua versus Brunson, Brunson still wins handily in my book.

EWS versus ECM is a meta call (do you fear swarms/squads more or big attacks with an accuracy more?) but it's also a call based on how you intend to use the ship. Ships that like to double-arc (like Kuats and ISD-Is and Interdictors) will generally be presenting more possible target hull zones to the enemy fleet due to that reason and therefore are more likely to find that their EWSed hull zone gets shot around. Ships that like to present one large arc (Gunnery Team ISDs and Home One MC80s and the like) to an enemy fleet will find it stays relevant a lot more regularly.

Both Kuats and Interdictors like double-arcing so I wouldn't go EWS on either. I especially wouldn't put any officer on an Interdictor Interdictor that isn't Brunson. She's too good there to not use.

Im worried about the reliability of having nearby obstacles. Got any tips for that? Im still pretty new to the game. 

2 minutes ago, Nagasadow said:

Im worried about the reliability of having nearby obstacles. Got any tips for that? Im still pretty new to the game. 

The bubble is a lot larger than you'd think (distance 1-2 from anywhere on the Interdictor's base) and with Grav Shift Reroute you can create a little lane of obstacles so it's extremely unlikely the Interdictor is ever outside of range for Brunson to work.

For extra fun, park on top of the space station so you can ram-heal on it if someone tries to block your escape route and keep using Brunson.