Ken on Cape

Imperial Scout troopers announced.

The sculpts on these scouts are awesome, I'm definitely getting two to do some cool color variants... maybe a squad in dark grey/black and one in jungle or desert camo... so many options ?

I'm loving how these special forces units are basically a two-in-one pack too.

The unit itself seems a bit meh.

They seem like more of an assault unit than a scout unit: That short range firepower (without surge to hit BTW).... But without much if any defensive stuff (white defence dice, and a boost to cover...) not sold on it yet.
At least the fleet troopers have some fun stuff.

3 minutes ago, Deuzerre said:

They seem like more of an assault unit than a scout unit: That short range firepower (without surge to hit BTW).... But without much if any defensive stuff (white defence dice, and a boost to cover...) not sold on it yet.

I think most people will be playing them just to get access to the sniper rifle and/or mines. Everything else is just gravy.

1 minute ago, Deuzerre said:

Wat? Double black with Sharpshooter 1 is pretty amazing (average of 1 hit per model without aiming and ignoring 1 cover makes them the most damaging unit in the game) as is Duck and Cover with Low Profile and Scout 2. This unit is super legit.

6 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Wat? Double black with Sharpshooter 1 is pretty amazing (average of 1 hit per model without aiming and ignoring 1 cover makes them the most damaging unit in the game) as is Duck and Cover with Low Profile and Scout 2. This unit is super legit.

It looks like they only have Scout 1, probably to balance them being so dangerous at close range. They still look really good to me though.

4 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

They will be a 4 man squad (+ heavy weapon. No additional troopers on the side of the card).
When suppressed, these guys will have massive trouble getting to do anything due to their short range. Their mediocre defence will not help.

I believe the only interesting option for them will be the two man squad witht eh "shoot anything on sights" thingy.

slightly more expensive, deadly, but squishier troopers.

Scout will let them get into position pretty quick compared to other troops but they still arent "fast" so they cant be elusive.

That attack though...geez...10 black dice. Yeah no off surge but still good. Wonder what their special weapons are.

8 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Scout will let them get into position pretty quick compared to other troops but they still arent "fast" so they cant be elusive.

That attack though...geez...10 black dice. Yeah no off surge but still good. Wonder what their special weapons are.

8 black dice.
No additional trooper on the left of the card

7 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Looks like a sniper and some sort of mine-laying unit

Yeah, seems a little underwhelming just using the standard unit. Guess it makes sense since they do have pistols, after all. Almost seems more like the Imperial Fleet trooper equivalent.

However, special teams looks awesome! Bet the sniper will be good. I bet sniper units have a range of 4+ (like the mortar).

Here is my guess: The Rebel's proton charges will do better against vehicles, while the Imperial's sonic charges will do better against troopers.

9 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

Yeah, seems a little underwhelming just using the standard unit. Guess it makes sense since they do have pistols, after all. Almost seems more like the Imperial Fleet trooper equivalent.

However, special teams looks awesome! Bet the sniper will be good. I bet sniper units have a range of 4+ (like the mortar).

Here is my guess: The Rebel's proton charges will do better against vehicles, while the Imperial's sonic charges will do better against troopers.

well it wouldn't make sense if the DLT-19 in stormtrooper squads shoots farther than the DLT sniper variant