KalEl814

That Boba Tho

1 minute ago, VAYASAN said:

actually a bit disappointed Boba appeared more or less as an imperial.

Was hoping down the line we would have different armies which boba would probably feature.

If/when they make a scum faction, he'll be an option for a commander there. Just like in X-Wing.

The sculpts for Boba and the Scout troopers are fantastic. So glad he didnt up as a commander... but I also was not expecting to see him as an Imperial. I think they were wanting to stick with Rebels vs. Imps for awhile so it makes sense. 

I havnt played that many games so I may be wrong on this....but with all these super characters, lets say the imperial has Darth, Veers and Boba....in missions where you have to use troops to capture objectives etc, wont it become a lot easier to nuetralize the enemy trooper squads?

If you only have 3 for example, cant they be focused and obliterated a bit too easily?

5 minutes ago, darkjawa103 said:

Interesting that he's crammed into Imperial faction like they originally did in Xwing. Guess this means we won't see a separate Scum & Villany faction

Personally, I'd rather see him this way.  The Scum and Villainy wouldn't "coordinate" together as a faction in my opinion.  

It works in Xwing because you use just a couple of them, like when Dengaroo was a thing.  A couple of bounty hunters out doing their thing. 

But I wouldn't expect the scum and villainy to come marching out to a tune of 800 points, all working together to stop the empire or rebels.  

For factions, I'd rather have the separatists, or wookies, or other iconic races that would make sense to fight the good fight.  Let the bounty hunters come in an out of various factions.  

just my opinion.  

1 minute ago, VAYASAN said:

I havnt played that many games so I may be wrong on this....but with all these super characters, lets say the imperial has Darth, Veers and Boba....in missions where you have to use troops to capture objectives etc, wont it become a lot easier to nuetralize the enemy trooper squads?

If you only have 3 for example, cant they be focused and obliterated a bit too easily?

Don't forget that those super characters are also troopers in their own right and can hold objectives. Gonna be tough to take them all down.

2 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

I already hate the capture the supplies objective. He is, however, a trooper, so he can technically claim them as well.

Jump 2 + Speed 3 move, not many places he can't go in a turn.  Then add in his Red Defense Die with Defensive Surges, extra defense die per Pierce X...gonna have to really focus to take him down.

I also like that you can, theoretically, have up to 5 choices for your 1, 2, and 3-pip command cards when building your command hand.  Two Commanders, up to two Operatives, and the Neutral card.  Adds tons of strategy and variation to the command hand building aspect and then what cards to play on which turn.