Sign in to follow this  
buzard

Proof reading?

Under the prologue for Forgotten Age " If Urusala Downs, Leo Anderson or Monterey Jack are chosen...."  Monterey Jack ? Come on guys it's not that hard to do this stuff.

Monterey Jack is an Investigator in the Arkham Files universe.  He was probably added in that so that when he does get released in the LCG, he will refer to that blurb.  Makes sense because Monterey Jack is an archaeologist. 

Its not bad proofreading but foreshadowing. 

50 minutes ago, C2K said:

Monterey Jack is an Investigator in the Arkham Files universe.  He was probably added in that so that when he does get released in the LCG, he will refer to that blurb.  Makes sense because Monterey Jack is an archaeologist. 

Its not bad proofreading but foreshadowing. 

This. It actually shows they are being very thoughtful about the future of the IP and the game in particular, taking into account all the investigators in their stable.

I actually entirely missed this, haha. I just assumed they meant Finn, so shame on me. By assume, I mean, I didn't even think of it as a typo, I just read right over it because we haven't started yet and nobody is using any of those characters so far.

I think we are going to end up being Carolyn, Akachi, and a 3rd. Not the best choices for a blind playthrough, but we're all picking investigators we haven't tried yet.

I was going to comment (in supreme nitpicking style) that the use of the word 'are' was a typo, because when listing a series of possibles the if condition is third-person-singular.  However, the actual quote is, "If Ursula Downs, Leo Anderson, or Monterey Jack was chosen..." and 'was' is indeed third-person-singular.  So kudos to the team for correct grammar and putting a clause in a product for an unreleased character that is going to interact with this product!

On 5/11/2018 at 7:13 PM, Duciris said:

I was going to comment (in supreme nitpicking style) that the use of the word 'are' was a typo, because when listing a series of possibles the if condition is third-person-singular.  However, the actual quote is, "If Ursula Downs, Leo Anderson, or Monterey Jack was chosen..." and 'was' is indeed third-person-singular.  So kudos to the team for correct grammar and putting a clause in a product for an unreleased character that is going to interact with this product!

Not to mention Urusala instead of Ursula.