Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Jon Favreau Star Wars Series

Exclusive: @Jon_Favreau confirms that his live action #StarWars  series takes place 7 years after Battle of Endor, between Return Of The Jedi and The Force Awakens. Will feature all new characters, using cutting edge tech a la THE JUNGLE BOOK. 

42 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Exclusive: @Jon_Favreau confirms that his live action #StarWars  series takes place 7 years after Battle of Endor, between Return Of The Jedi and The Force Awakens. Will feature all new characters, using cutting edge tech a la THE JUNGLE BOOK. 

Now that's a time period I'm really interested. 

3 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

Interesting. Hopefully it covers the rise of the First Order and explains why one man, General Hux, managed to gain such an army. 

Have you read the Aftermath trilogy and Phasma? They cover that part pretty well. 

I should also mention that I’m very excited for this series! 

Edited by WAC47

8 hours ago, Odanan said:

And that's why the Mouse shall be praised.

What?  You don't want to see a 100 hull/100 shield ship with a single laser cannon.  But missiles get to roll 100 red dice per attack?  I can't see how that would be broken

10 hours ago, Odanan said:

And that's why the Mouse shall be praised.

Because turning a planet into another Death Star that blows up whole solar systems was such an improvement.

26 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

I didn’t love the suncrusher, but otherwise I did really like those novels.

Yep.  The Jedi Academy books were great.

At the very least, the Sun Crusher was a new take on the superweapon idea.  Small, but still powerful.  The invisible armor was a bit much though. 

Edited by Alpha17

2 hours ago, WAC47 said:

Have you read the Aftermath trilogy and Phasma? They cover that part pretty well. 

I should also mention that I’m very excited for this series! 

I tried reading Phasma, I was on holiday and I honestly cannot remember anything about it besides it conjuring images of the cave and island that Tom Hanks lived on in Castaway and everyone being parkour professionals. 

Which goes more in the way making storm troopers look even worse, if such a thing is even possible.

Also, I remember a Space Marine chapter living on a planet just like Phasma's and pretty much doing the exact same thing aka rock jumping and hurling spears. 

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

The aftermath trilogy starts at about 4 ABY (after vattle of yavin) ends at about 5 ABY if I recall

In other words, the books end roughly 1 year after Endor. So the show will take place approx. 6 years after Aftermath  

1 hour ago, Viktus106 said:

I tried reading Phasma, I was on holiday and I honestly cannot remember anything about it besides it conjuring images of the cave and island that Tom Hanks lived on in Castaway and everyone being parkour professionals. 

Which goes more in the way making storm troopers look even worse, if such a thing is even possible.

Also, I remember a Space Marine chapter living on a planet just like Phasma's and pretty much doing the exact same thing aka rock jumping and hurling spears. 

Eh, I liked it a lot. I thought it was a cool twist on the Star Wars setting I hadn’t seen done before (post apocalyptic/visitors from the stars scenario). No worries if it isn’t your thing, just letting you know there’s some Hux backstory in there you might otherwise miss  

1 minute ago, WAC47 said:

In other words, the books end roughly 1 year after Endor. So the show will take place approx. 6 years after Aftermath  

Eh, I liked it a lot. I thought it was a cool twist on the Star Wars setting I hadn’t seen done before (post apocalyptic/visitors from the stars scenario). No worries if it isn’t your thing, just letting you know there’s some Hux backstory in there you might otherwise miss  

I think it was that I expected more from Phasma . . or for her to not be called Phasma and that was a nickname given to her for some epic reason. Potentially I let myself down with my own expectations. :)