Sign in to follow this  
HanScottFirst

X-Wing Resistance 2.0 Petition!!! Plz FFG you are our only hope!

So, Resistance is a new faction! Hopefully this means:

> Bomber gets a crew slot!!! Without Sabine and likely no (or very different) 3po, the Bomber should have a crew slot!

> Resistance A-Wing!!! They got to! Right now the Resistance has 3 ships: T-70, Falcon, and Bomber

I also expect to see more FO ships (interceptor, bomber, etc.)

Edited by HanScottFirst

Shouldn't the resistance also gain at least a couple of E-Wing Pilots? (unless I'm misremembering, I think the only new canon appearance has been in the Poe Dameron comics.)

2 hours ago, HanScottFirst said:

So, Resistance is a new faction! Hopefully this means:

> Bomber gets a crew slot!!! Without Sabine and likely no (or very different) 3po, the Bomber should have a crew slot!

> Resistance A-Wing!!! They got to! Right now the Resistance has 3 ships: T-70, Falcon, and Bomber

I also expect to see more FO ships (interceptor, bomber, etc.)

Regarding the first point, they hopefully implement the gunner slot or something like that like it is rumoured for several other ships as well! 

And I think it is 100% sure that you will see some sort of new A-Wing as well as soon as they introduce the Resistance faction formally. Someone has a clue when that might be?

Hopefully in addition to the wave 2conversion kits, the Reistance and FO will get a new ship as well.  I can’t think of anything besides the new A-Wing or the shuttle/bomber/thing from TFA that was in the movies.

15 minutes ago, Tekore said:

Shouldn't the resistance also gain at least a couple of E-Wing Pilots? (unless I'm misremembering, I think the only new canon appearance has been in the Poe Dameron comics.)

Resistence should probably get E-wings, K-wings and A-wings as cross-faction ships, as the FO should get Bombers, Interceptors and maybe the Defender all in FO colors.  Obviously a redesigned RZ-2 would be nice, as well as a Xi-class shuttle, and the new Resistence cartoon will bring many new ships to the table.

Not sure how others feel and I don't necessarily need it, but I wouldn't mind a Resistance vs FO core set. Seems like it would be a way to help boost those factions a bit and help newer players who might be mostly into the new movies focus in on what they like. Since they're allegedly not re-printing the ace packs it would be a way to get a Black One model with movable s-foils out too, which I would really like to get.

Edited by PenguinBonaparte

48 minutes ago, MrMaggles said:

To be fair let’s hope they completely redesign the Resistance Bomber to be what it actually is in the film and not some made up catapult mine launcher that ffg dreamed up...

But the movie proved they needed the simulators! If they'd had that equipped the whole movie would have been different.

8 hours ago, Tekore said:

And if I recall..  said e-wing was in someones collection of vintage starships, making it exist in the universe but as an older design. - which I am fine with.  Get rid of the stupid gun on top - having a gun there is fine, just not how it was done and it can be a fine ship.   Currently it looks like poodoo.

6 hours ago, PenguinBonaparte said:

But the movie proved they needed the simulators! If they'd had that equipped the whole movie would have been different.

See when I watched the movie I figured they had to hit the dreadnought in a particular place to do damage, like over the main reactor.  Not just hit random points.   

I assumed the action of the bombs "dropping" out of the bomber (the bombs do not appear to have any means of self-propulsion) was the result of the artificial gravity on board the bomber, and this is effectively a "trajectory simulator". That's my in-universe explanation. The true explanation is closer to "let's film this in a way that makes it like WWII".

Edited by Incard

10 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

My pipe-dream is they put in cardboard for Resistance A-wings and FO Bombers and let you use the existing A-wing and Bomber Minis.  They look (almost) like alternate paint schemes.

Personally I'm hoping that the Res and FO conversion kits will come with a new mini each, the A Wing for Res and the little shuttle thingy from TLJ for FO.

4 minutes ago, Incard said:

I assumed the action of the bombs "dropping" out of the bomber (the bombs do not appear to have any means of self-propulsion) was the result of the artificial gravity on board the bomber, and this is effectively a "trajectory simulator". That's my in-universe explanation. The true explanation is closer to "let's film this in a way that makes it like WWII".

Canon it was magnets.  Either magnetic rails (essentially slow motion railguns) or magnetic bombs being attracted to the target, I don't recall.

The powers that be may add or remove upgrade slots on a whim in 2.0.  It's not permanent.

If I had to guess, the BSF will come with a crew slot but Sabine crew will not continue to exist in it's overpowered form.