Sign in to follow this  
VanderLegion

Full Collection Conversion Survey

Since several people aren't happy with my first survey only looking at standard play (200 point games), i made a second one for converting your entire collection.  So this time, it's how many of each ship you want to convert to second edition total.  And its ignoring extra copies of ships from the core set or renegades.  So if you have 10 tie fighters from first edition that you want to bring to second, then the core set will bring you up to 12.  Ditto for x-wings, if you have 4 you want to bring over, core set and renegades would give you 6 flyable.  So just looking for the number of actual conversions you want from the kit(s).  First page has questions for how many of each conversion kit you intend to buy (if you know), and whether you share your ocllection amongs multiple players (friends, spouses, whatever) and if so, how many people use it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd4KAk6mzszPneDRR2uj0k4mvHmxZbcF_kuF8rH6T6S5KMxjA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Edited by VanderLegion

Cool, of the 45 responses at this point i am suprized how few are getting 2x kits of each.

Also of the 45 i am the only one with 8x Z-95's i am a god!

Edit: Going back through i am the only one with the max on several ships..... i feel less like a god and more like i have a serious problem..... you know what might pick me up? another M3A.... what no stop that.

Edited by Icelom

Meh I don’t like the question of how many do you own AND intend to convert. It taints my results because I own far more than I intend to convert. Like Icelom I have 8 rebel z’s and 6 scum ones, don’t intend on converting any of them but may convert 1 con kit of rebels. Good show though Vander excellent work as always  ?

I have 15 Z95s...fortunately, only 2 were full price (Most Wanted).

But split 7 rebel and 8 Scum, so you might have missed them.

Also I don't believe the people who listed lots of tie fighters - on the rebel page! 10 of them really seems too many!

Edited by Gilarius
can't count

Just now, Gilarius said:

I have 13 Z95s...fortunately, only 2 were full price (Most Wanted).

Also I don't believe the people who listed lots of tie fighters - on the rebel page! 10 of them really seems too many!

Haha.  Maybe they're hoping we'll get a generic so you can actually fly more htan 4 :D

This is great. With just 46 responses, there are already some real standout problems. With about 60% of players not having enough X-wings and 46% not having enough Tie fighters, extras will be hard to come by. I was actually surprised by how well a conversion kit covers what most players need, with plenty of extras for those who will be short. 

Edited by Darth 2Face

Just now, Darth 2Face said:

This is great. With just 46 responses, there are already some real standout problems. With about 60% of players not having enough X-wings and 46% not having enough Tie fighters, extras will be hard to come by. I was actually surprised by how well a conversion kit covers what most needs, with plenty of extras for those who will be short. 

It’s almost like ffg researched this or some **** ?

1 minute ago, Darth 2Face said:

While still completely missing on X-wings and Ties, the two most iconic ships!

That depends on their goal with the kits.  If the goal was to perfectly convert peoples entire collections (which I doubt it was), then yes, they missed pretty hard on those 2.  If the goal is to get players enough converted ships to start playing standard games they're fine.  You can fly 4 x-wings between the conversion kit, core set, and saw's renegades.  TIE Fighters only get you to 6 with the conversion kit and core set, so you're still a bit short there.  Assuming 7-8 tie fighters is actually a good list in second edition (it may well be, but we'll see).  And if you have  arebel kit too, you might be able to use a rebel dial with an imperial base/pilot like in first edition.

Interesting to see this. Thanks for putting in the effort and for sharing it, @VanderLegion. As un-elected spokesperson for the People of the Internet, I hereby extend to you our collective goodwill and appreciation. Let it never be said that the People of the Internet are anything less than models of decency and charity.

17 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

That depends on their goal with the kits.  If the goal was to perfectly convert peoples entire collections (which I doubt it was), then yes, they missed pretty hard on those 2.  If the goal is to get players enough converted ships to start playing standard games they're fine.  You can fly 4 x-wings between the conversion kit, core set, and saw's renegades.  TIE Fighters only get you to 6 with the conversion kit and core set, so you're still a bit short there.  Assuming 7-8 tie fighters is actually a good list in second edition (it may well be, but we'll see).  And if you have  arebel kit too, you might be able to use a rebel dial with an imperial base/pilot like in first edition.

If that's the case, FFG doesn't understand what the players want. Based on the responses of the upset players and the results of the survey, players want to convert their entire collection. I am 100% in favor of switching to 2.0 and feel the conversion kits are the best way to do, but my goal is to convert everything. I'm lucky that one of each kit will convert my entire collection, but even I'm annoyed that I will end up with one unconverted X-wing, regardless of whether or not I purchase a core or Saw's Renegades.

I do love the survey you created and appreciate the effort. I just disagree with you on this point about what FFG should be trying to do.

Just now, Darth 2Face said:

If that's the case, FFG doesn't understand what the players want. Based on the responses of the upset players and the results of the survey, players want to convert their entire collection. I am 100% in favor of switching to 2.0 and feel the conversion kits are the best way to do, but my goal is to convert everything. I'm lucky that one of each kit will convert my entire collection, but even I'm annoyed that I will end up with one unconverted X-wing, regardless of whether or not I purchase a core or Saw's Renegades.

I do love the survey you created and appreciate the effort. I just disagree with you on this point about what FFG should be trying to do.

I have no idea what they're *actually* trying to do, and am not trying to argue about what they *should* do.  Just speculating about what their goal MIGHT be.  And there's definitely some players that want to convert their entire collections.  The question is how many are planning to do that vs people converting mainly the stuff they want to fly instead of every last ship they own.  Myself for instance, I'm only buying one of each conversion kit, despite having some ships for each faction that wont' be converted.  That's plenty to get me started and let me try all the ships out and do a ton of differnet lists.  From there, I can decide what I want more conversions of.

37 minutes ago, Gilarius said:

I have 15 Z95s...fortunately, only 2 were full price (Most Wanted).

I put that in as imperial tight fights **** it, so i listed 7 instead of 3..... 

Sorry everyone.

1 minute ago, Icelom said:

I put that in as imperial tight fights **** it, so i listed 7 instead of 3..... 

Sorry everyone.

Hehe.  You are able to edit your responses if you go back to the link.  And I just updated the rebel version to be "Sabine's TIE Fighter", so that should help clear up some confusion.

Just now, VanderLegion said:

I have no idea what they're *actually* trying to do, and am not trying to argue about what they *should* do.  Just speculating about what their goal MIGHT be.  And there's definitely some players that want to convert their entire collections.  The question is how many are planning to do that vs people converting mainly the stuff they want to fly instead of every last ship they own.  Myself for instance, I'm only buying one of each conversion kit, despite having some ships for each faction that wont' be converted.  That's plenty to get me started and let me try all the ships out and do a ton of differnet lists.  From there, I can decide what I want more conversions of.

To go along with this, while I intend to convert my whole collection, I’m only buying one of each converter. I can trade with other players to get some of what I want and get the smaller wave converters as needed.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I have eight Z-95s ... four Rebel, four Scum.

Did you just list 4 each for the two factions?  If you have 8 models you could potentially convert 8 for each faction since the models will work for either faction (unless you don't care to have more than 4 each of course).

Similarly, Sabine's TIE Fighter, while no one shoul dneed more than 4 (speaking tot he people who put 5-8, mistaking it for the imperial version presumably), I put 2 for myself even though I only actually own 1 sabine's tie since you can use a standard tie fighter model for it.Insert other media

Edited by VanderLegion

1 minute ago, PanchoX1 said:

your survey has sabine's tie fighter and tie fighter under rebels and then another tie fighter category under imperials. doesn't surprise me that there seems to be a lot of them

****.  Apparnelty I changed the hwk-290 to sabine's tie somehow instead of the tie fighter.  Fixed (and the hwk doesn't show any large responses, so should still be good)