Squark

A cliched title- A new X-wing 2.0 Article.

5 minutes ago, Squark said:

I certainly am. No more potential fudging of it and it's way easier to rewind if it wasn't doable given the template has to start in one place.

That said, nothing really new in this one, just pulling together a lot of information from various streams and panels from the last week. What the **** is the ship in the Marksmenship art though?

3 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Oi. So this is going to be how it is for a few weeks until they get all the info we know in written form in an article.

welp, anyone have a pill that can put me out for a few weeks?

It's information diehards know because we've been watching the streams and following every little interview and scrap of information that's come out in the last week. These leadup articles are purely to get the same information out in a less scattershot method.

5 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

Do we know how the new BR interacts with Medium and Large bases?

There's little hash mark on the 1-forward template. Not sure if it's both Med and Large or just for Large ships. 

I think we'll need to get are hands on the Rule Reference before FFG gives us any FULL details.

1 minute ago, Otacon said:

It's information diehards know because we've been watching the streams and following every little interview and scrap of information that's come out in the last week. These leadup articles are purely to get the same information out in a less scattershot method.

Oh I know and am fully aware. If they could have sprinkled an upgrade or two that hasn’t been spoiled elsewhere along the way though, that would have been enough to appease me. :)

Edited by Kdubb

2 minutes ago, viedit said:

The medium I'm still confused by.  Will it work like small or large bases?

I don't know why they didn't include it in this article (it was pretty short to begin with), but in one of the streams they said medium and large barrel roll work the same way.

Just now, Freeptop said:

I don't know why they didn't include it in this article (it was pretty short to begin with), but in one of the streams they said medium and large barrel roll work the same way.

Cool.  The part that I was uncertain about was that a 1-template is more than half a medium base.  On the small base the 1 template perpendicular is exactly half.  On the large base it's exactly half when parallel.  On a medium base?  Does not compute!

they thought half a base of movement was too much but a quarter is enough?  Yuck. At this point, why not just make it straight across only. I don't see why barrel roll had to be changed. 

Also, no inherent value from bullseye? I don't like this. 

16 minutes ago, Otacon said:

I certainly am. No more potential fudging of it and it's way easier to rewind if it wasn't doable given the template has to start in one place.

That said, nothing really new in this one, just pulling together a lot of information from various streams and panels from the last week. What the **** is the ship in the Marksmenship art though?

The OG bullseye arc

Just now, FrightfulCommand said:

They haven't spoiled the Kimogila yet - it's not like they are removing the 1.0 Bullseye mechanics from the game, they are just adding that design space for all ships instead of just the Kimogila. Same idea as printing side and rear arcs on a TIE Fighter - it probably wont get a turret, but it does open up the possibility for say having an upgrade that gives you a defensive bonus when you are being shot from the side arc. It's building a foundation into the game so the developers have more to build on as they expand the game, without having to tack on new mechanics in a clumsy way like in 1.0.

2 minutes ago, FrightfulCommand said:

Also, no inherent value from bullseye?

Considering that 1.0 didn't have a bulls-eye arc anyway, this isn't a regression. I think it's a great way to reward good or bad flying in different ways depending on pilot abilities and equipped upgrades.

3 minutes ago, FrightfulCommand said:

they thought half a base of movement was too much but a quarter is enough?  Yuck. At this point, why not just make it straight across only. I don't see why barrel roll had to be changed. 

In 1.0, if you couldn't do a barrel roll, it was easy to forget exactly where your starting position was. In 2.0, your starting position is permanently marked by the template.

The value of the Bullseye arc is going to come from pilot abilities and upgrades. It gives them more design space to play with, at zero cost.