Arkanta974

Imperial Swarm got some love for the V2

47 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

Of course Tie Fighter have the same dial from the 1.0 but Iden Versio, Valen Rudor and Howlrunner is a nice group of support for any tie fighter ! (reroll, protection and free action)

I like more synergy between Tie Fighter especially in swarm formation !

Where'd you see Valen Rudor 2.0?

38 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup.

But it also got a MAJOR nerf thanks to Crack Shot only working in the bullseye arc.

But everything else also got fairly major nerfs too, so I'm optimistic we'll see some beautiful formation flying again in 2.0.

The Tie Swarm worked way before crackshot. That ept just helped it stick around a while longer and stay competitive compared to the every rising power creep. I'm so pumped to fly a swarm again.

54 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Niiiiiice, old dials for me it is then. 

On the off chance I ever play a TIE Swarm, that's my plan too.  People are saying that 1.0 dials will be banned, but if they're exactly the same, minus the Green maneuvers now being blue, what's the point?

4 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

On the off chance I ever play a TIE Swarm, that's my plan too.  People are saying that 1.0 dials will be banned, but if they're exactly the same, minus the Green maneuvers now being blue, what's the point?

Because official tournaments use official components, and (those) 1e components are no longer official.

For casual play, do what you want.

3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yup.

But it also got a MAJOR nerf thanks to Crack Shot only working in the bullseye arc.

But everything else also got fairly major nerfs too, so I'm optimistic we'll see some beautiful formation flying again in 2.0.

pft, the crackshot nerf ain't nothing compared to all the indirect buffs the swarm got. i.e:

1.) bomb nerf (activation bomb before dial reveal, ACTION bombs DEAD)

2.) regen nerf

3.) turrets DEAD

4.) autothruster removal (now a soft PTL for interceptors)

5.) evade and defensive mod stacking nerf

6.) reinforce nerf

etc.

don't hear rebels making any sort of row about all of that, but I guess they're too busy celebrating the "almighty" X-wing buff of +1 hull and a barrel-roll ?

Edited by ficklegreendice

6 minutes ago, Arkanta974 said:

I can't put the photo here but here  his ability.

Valen Rudor PS 3

"After a friendly ship at range 0 - 1 defends (after damage is resolved, if any), you may perform an action."

Thanks!  So it’s the same ability but works with other ships like Thane Kyrell’s Old ARC ability? Interesting.

14 minutes ago, Vandenberg said:

Thanks!  So it’s the same ability but works with other ships like Thane Kyrell’s Old ARC ability? Interesting.

I don't know how much utility he'll have though in a Tie Fighter. Hopefully the original Squad Leader card is still a thing and he can pass an action in the combat Engagement phase or something like that.

47 minutes ago, SOTL said:

I wonder if Vader is going to be so good that you have to include him, and it's more of a Vader & Miniswarm situation than a full swarm.

That’s what I’m thinking will be the case; you’ll want Vader and/or a support ship to maximize their efficiency.

51 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

I don't know how much utility he'll have though in a Tie Fighter. Hopefully the original Squad Leader card is still a thing and he can pass an action in the combat Engagement phase or something like that.

I don't know that it's necessary. There's no PTL so at the very least he could have Focus, Evade and Barrel Roll after taking his normal action and getting two frees from low PS pilots attacking early. It's also fairly possible you could use him for bumps, then barrel roll him out of a shot or into position to shoot. Keeping his Talent slot clear for an offensive skill like Ruthless or Outmaneuver, or a defensive one like Elusive.

Also, Squad Leader is in the game. It provides a red Coordinate action, but limits the ally to only the actions on the pilot with the talent. That could work for him but you'll be doing blue maneuvers quite often and that limitation hurts.

Edited by Ixidor

50 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

i actually wouldnt say they got nerfed via crackshot since defense isnt as concrete anymore either.

Evade not adding a result is huuuuuuge, pretty much makes it useless on 2agi ships and virtually useless on 1agi

Other way around, virtually useless > useless ?

also, disagree. Agility is really just a number of blank results you add to your pool before modifying

Evade is statiscally less useful than defensive focus, but saying it's just useless really downplays the effectiveness of "free" evades like from Styigium array or Two Tubes Jyn 

Only time it's actually useless is if Feroph's getting his ability

Edited by ficklegreendice

50 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

i actually wouldnt say they got nerfed via crackshot since defense isnt as concrete anymore either.

Evade not adding a result is huuuuuuge, pretty much makes it useless on 2agi ships and virtually useless on 1agi

I'm actually very interested in seeing some numbers on the new Evade. 

2 hours ago, SOTL said:

I wonder if Vader is going to be so good that you have to include him, and it's more of a Vader & Miniswarm situation than a full swarm.

Vder is looking really strong. He seems to be one of the few pilots that can really Focus/TL with some regularity.  He also gets great action efficiency with the force points and his pilot ability,  not to mention a pretty strong fighter chassis in the x1.  He even gets occasional double repositioning with Afterburners.  He's a very action efficient ship in a world where there's not a lot of action efficiency.  He's arguably better than his current iteration while almost every other ship stays the same or gets worse.