Sign in to follow this  
landoro

Leia and Luke, first Rebel list

So I  have not played a game yet, just gone through the rules and trying to learn.

Also trying to build a Rebel list that I like the look and feel of. This is my first attempt which uses two cores worth of rebels which I own and Leia and Fleet troopers (will proxy until released).

799/800
Luke Skywalker [160]
Force Push [10]
Force Reflexes [15]

Leia Organa [90]
Esteemed Leader [5]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

Fleet Troopers [44]
Scatter Gun Trooper [23]
Fleet Trooper [11]
Impact Grenades [5]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

Rebel Troopers [40]

AT-RT [55]
AT-RT Laser Cannon [35]

AT-RT [55]
AT-RT Laser Cannon [35]

So only a few upgrades cause I wanna se what works and how it performs first. No comms, scopes and only one unit with grenades. 

Luke will be used as a beatstick and run along with the Fleet troopers and other untis I choose to advance with. I am very intreseted in the Fleet troopers and their second special weapon so this might be changed in the future, the scatter gun is great thoug.
Leia will hang back with my fire squads and give out dodges so my units can keep up their fire and still have dodge tokens.

I would like to ask if it would be better to take an extra trooper from a Z6-squad and put it in the 4-man squad or if you should keep the big units big.
Is three squads of 6 and one with 4 better than two squads of 6 and two squads of 5?

I picked Lase Cannons for the AT-RTs because theyt feel reliable against armour, I have seen many praises for the Rotary blaster also but for now I will try the Laser Cannons.

Should I change something, cold this work? Not seen many lists with both Luke and Leia so fat, could be becuse she is not out yet of course.

Have fun

I think Luke and Leia are going to be great together, and overall this list is very similar to what I’m hoping to run them with! 

However, I would take the Impact grenades off of the fleet troopers for a couple of reasons. First, on average a black die will do less damage then two white dice. Second, you have the “anti-trooper” heavy weapon option... so you’ll want to be focusing on other corps units as much as possible. I also think the Laser cannons are enough anti-armor for now. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Grenades on the Fleet Troopers are there so they have an option in case a veichle gets sent against them, since veichles are a strong counter to them I am guessing my opponent might wanna do this. Since Fleet Troopers are short ranged I imagine that they have the best possibility to get into range to use their grenades also.
Like I said though, this is just theory, never played an actual game yet...

Dont understand when you say that 2 white dice will do more damage than 1 black with impact against armour? Is it a math thing? 

Have fun

5 hours ago, landoro said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Grenades on the Fleet Troopers are there so they have an option in case a veichle gets sent against them, since veichles are a strong counter to them I am guessing my opponent might wanna do this. Since Fleet Troopers are short ranged I imagine that they have the best possibility to get into range to use their grenades also.
Like I said though, this is just theory, never played an actual game yet...

Dont understand when you say that 2 white dice will do more damage than 1 black with impact against armour? Is it a math thing? 

Have fun

Oh I meant against non-armor units. You are correct that it ups damage against armor. I’m comparing it to putting grenades on Stormtroopers, who not only get the keyword but also a damage die upgrade at range 1 when using grenades. 

The issue is that you’re paying a premium to get a fully loaded out Fleet trooper unit, and the main benefit of that is increased damage output. By using grenades instead, you’re doing the exact same thing that Rebel Troopers could do for cheaper. I understand the idea is that the Fleet troopers want to be in close range which makes it more likely to be in range of armor, but with only one unit your opponent can easily ignore it or wipe it out. 

The only armored unit that is a hard counter to troopers and wants to get in range 1 is a naked or flamethrower AT-RTs. And your laser cannons should make short work of those before they can close the gap. Otherwise, I feel it’s safest to ignore armor unless it’s a target of opportunity, and focus on killing other troopers.   

I should reemphasize that I really like the list! I’m nitpicking about five points, but in the grand scheme of things I don’t see it making a big difference in most games. Play a few and see how it works for you! 

Edited by WAC47

I am going to do the same thing when the expansion is released except I am going to have a harpooning T-47 instead of the fleet troopers, 1 AT-RT, and extra rebel trooper unit.

1 • Luke Skywalker - Luke Skywalker (160)     - Saber Throw (10)    - Targeting Scopes (6)
    • Total : 176    
2 • Rebel Troopers - Rebel Troopers (40)     - Z-6 Trooper (22)    - Rebel Trooper (10)    - Impact Grenades (5)
    • Total : 77    •
3 • Rebel Troopers - Rebel Troopers (40)     - Z-6 Trooper (22)    - Rebel Trooper (10)    - Concussion Grenades (5)
    • Total : 77    
4 • Rebel Troopers - Rebel Troopers (40)     - Z-6 Trooper (22)    - Rebel Trooper (10)    - Concussion Grenades (5)
    • Total : 77    
5 • AT-RT - AT-RT (55)     - AT-RT Rotary Blaster (30)    - Long-Range Comlink (10)
    • Total : 95    
6 • T-47 Airspeeder - T-47 Airspeeder (175)     - Mo/DK Power Harpoon (8)    - Long-Range Comlink (10)    - Wedge Antilles (5)
    • Total : 198    
7 • Leia Organa - Leia Organa (90)     - Esteemed Leader (5)    - Grappling Hooks (3)
    • Total : 98    

Total: 798