Jump to content
Mefyrx

Fanmade Vehicles, Weapons, Armors, Items, and Mods Cards

Recommended Posts

Fixed a couple of vehicles.  This should start to look good...

 

Posting this for myself (and others) , very nice post here for reference guides (Excel spreadsheet)

 

 

Edited by Mefyrx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CaptainSeven said:

This resource is incredible! I appreciate your hard work and had to make an account just to post and let you know.

The spelling in Armors/Animals/ uses "Ataches to" but you might mean "Attaches to".

Thanks!

 

typo there, will fix it :)

 

Edit: Fixed

Edited by Mefyrx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if someone has nothing else to do, I've made a temp folder, if you guys find any artwork that may fit those equipments… let me know....

Otherwise, I'll do that eventually....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess i'll have to remove my link here to just leave the template.......if i'm understanding the general idea from my discussion there....

 

 

the question, is what is ok and what isnt... if im to spend 500+ hours to make something better for the game....might as well save that 500 hours to other people....

like i said, tried contacting them 3 times but can't get any answer.....anyone opinion here?  could possibly blackline part of the cards...but id still need to know what part there ok with not being blacklined....

felt to me that they didnt care because books provides stories and people buy the books for stories.....especially knowing that they didnt provide much in the core books to work with ....and that all 3 cores are pretty much duplicate informations

worst case ill just keep this for myself....and thatd be it

 

Edited by Mefyrx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe any company ever made a "really" complete list of what is ok and what not, as this would need to be extended like law parapraphs as soon as such a list would meet the masses of "tricksters" in the community. There was and always will be a lot of handwaving what they accept and what not.

From personal experience it also gets worse as soon as people try to bend what was said about other instances over their own case what could end in a "nothing at all policy" afterwards.

I know and understand the urge to find out why something is ok and something else not, but in cases where i noticed it in Gaming (PC or RPGs) asking too many unpleasant questions never turned out good for the community in the end.

Most of the times things like those don't land on the same tables for "approval" what also make a difference, some see it as a case of a grey area but a lot of service for the customers - other are much stricter. But when the pressure gets too high those companies tend to promote one person of the stricter kind as the last instance to prevent unnecessary shitstorms or even lawsuits.

Anyone doing such grey area things like lists, scans and so on should be aware that it either works out and the company is turning a blind eye, gets his stuff blocked/removed or ends up with the ultimate lawsuit on his *****.

Edited by Malashim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Malashim said:

I don't believe any company ever made a "really" complete list of what is ok and what not, as this would need to be extended like law parapraphs as soon as such a list would meet the masses of "tricksters" in the community. There was and always will be a lot of handwaving what they accept and what not.

From personal experience it also gets worse as soon as people try to bend what was said about other instances over their own case what could end in a "nothing at all policy" afterwards.

I know and understand the urge to find out why something is ok and something else not, but in cases where i noticed it in Gaming (PC or RPGs) asking too many unpleasant questions never turned out good for the community in the end.

Most of the times things like those don't land on the same tables for "approval" what also make a difference, some see it as a case of a grey area but a lot of service for the customers - other are much stricter. But when the pressure gets too high those companies tend to promote one person of the stricter kind as the last instance to prevent unnecessary shitstorms or even lawsuits.

Anyone doing such grey area things like lists, scans and so on should be aware that it either works out and the company is turning a blind eye, gets his stuff blocked/removed or ends up with the ultimate lawsuit on his *****.

I see, very well written...

Well, I've enumerate other instance mostly to give an idea of why so far I didn't see myself as bending the rules....stay in the grey area as you would say... not to drag everyone down with me....

After all, I haven't been instructed to remove my work thus far....or anything...well I haven't even been able to talk with them...not that I haven't tried... and my post has been there for about a year....with the contents available increasing from time to time....and changing for the better...

But when you think about the other post that has been there for 5 years that has been deleted.....you wonder....because of course the other person probably kept increasing his excel spreadsheet from time to time....so that he didn't have to go through his books in the middle of the session....

For the purpose of the discussion, I'll remove the comparison from my previous post that I've made so that I doesn't impair anybody else...

The thing that I wanted mostly with them is.... if they are unhappy with what I'm doing, just let me know and I'll remove whatever needs to be removed, or if you want me to remove some contents.... I can remove that part so that I can remain in an area where first of all I won't get a lawsuit or whatever of course....but where I can improve everyone else playtime without being over the limit...

Edited by Mefyrx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the no longer working link without any further actions was some kind of slap on the wrist to at least not do it here on offical forums?!

Only you know if you really want to dig deeper - i mean it could turn so you get some answers what to leave out to openly use it, maybe it will turn ugly.

The problem is no one knows until you try - you know schrödinger's cat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Malashim said:

Maybe the no longer working link without any further actions was some kind of slap on the wrist to at least not do it here on offical forums?!

Only you know if you really want to dig deeper - i mean it could turn so you get some answers what to leave out to openly use it, maybe it will turn ugly.

The problem is no one knows until you try - you know schrödinger's cat?

schrödinger's cat no but I'll check :)

Well I'm putting this on the official forum for that exact purpose... I'm not trying to pirate their works, I'm trying to make something functional where they will be ok with....so that if they are not, they can easily reach me....

Afterall, like I said before, if they would release a book with

1) all the vehicles, vehicles mods and planets

2) all the weapons, weapons mods, armors, armors mods, gears

3) species, npcs….maybe career...

(and they could add pictures for each one of them ...and have the picture go around the text, not the other way around...we all like beautiful artwork, but when the last 20 word paragraph is spread among 10 lines, its really not fun to read)

I would buy that.... just like the monster manual from D&D...

 

Edited by Mefyrx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mefyrx said:

schrödinger's cat no but I'll check :)

Well I'm putting this on the official forum for that exact purpose... I'm not trying to pirate their works, I'm trying to make something functional where they will be ok with....so that if they are not, they can easily reach me....

 

legal@fantasyflightgames.com  <- As i don't know of more specific ways to get answers, that mail is exactly for such stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Malashim said:

legal@fantasyflightgames.com  <- As i don't know of more specific ways to get answers, that mail is exactly for such stuff.

sent them an email, will see if i can get an answer....thanks

Well the point is about the sharing, like the other person said in the other thread, what I do for myself is irrelevant...

Although as we can see, this information has been said valuable for other players that were about to try to do something to help themselves to be more productive as a GM/player...

Edited by Mefyrx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made 4 version of the Defel Assassin in the Temp folder

 

Anyone would like to tell me which one would be best to use.... its about how to write the skills....I think I'm going to leave it as is....just the number of points into that skill....after a while anyway, you know what skill is affiliate to what main attribute...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...