Sign in to follow this  
RedHotDice

New Falcon from the Solo movie, where is it?

Am I the only one a little dissapointed we did not see a Solo/Scum Falcon announcement at Worlds? I know we got 2nd edition instead and that is great and all.. but part of me would have prefered to see the Scum Falcon together with the TIE Heavy wave addition/announcement instead :) 

Edited by RedHotDice

3 minutes ago, RedHotDice said:

Am I the only one a little dissapointed we did not see a Solo/Scum Falcon announcement at Worlds? I know we got 2nd edition instead and that is great and all.. but part of me would have prefered to see the Scum Falcon together with the TIE Heavy wave addition/announcement instead :) 

I’m happy to wait a bit if they need time to figure out how to make it gel. Some ships, like the Quadjumper, never felt right because they started with a gimmick and worked backwards to avoid making it too similar to existing ships. 

That at being said, I’m ready to drop money sight unseen at 2.0. 

I think its for the best.

The striker has no bombs, the silencer no missiles, the uwing no side gunning option... all because these ships were rushed.

Quite frankly, Im very happy that all of them are upgraded to second edition and these things may be fixed.

Now Im just hoping they wont rush ships too much... or just get better info from Lucasfilm.

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The striker has no bombs, the silencer no missiles, the uwing no side gunning option... all because these ships were rushed.

Quite frankly, Im very happy that all of them are upgraded to second edition and these things may be fixed.

Now Im just hoping they wont rush ships too much... or just get better info from Lucasfilm.

Yup.  I'd far prefer to see something this time next year that's accurate and has all the right characters, than something this month that doesn't match up at all.

I'm looking in particular at K2SO.  The rest is kind of forgivable, but him being missed out was a massive issue.

Just now, MaxPower said:

That is a good point, heard an interview about when they were designing the Fang that they only had a picture to go from and did not even know its wings span around the fuselage.

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

Yup.  I'd far prefer to see something this time next year that's accurate and has all the right characters, than something this month that doesn't match up at all.

I'm looking in particular at K2SO.  The rest is kind of forgivable, but him being missed out was a massive issue.

K2SO is one of my all time favorite droids (right after HK-47) and is a MASSIVE oversight..

But still, I wanted to see the new Falcon!! so I guess I am wishing for FFG Disney relations to get a little tighter, best sign that Gold-NDA and get early access boys..

I think it's possible that aside from the TIE Reaper and Saw's Renegades expansions, which are being shipped as 1st and 2nd edition compatible, they will hold off on introducing any new content until the release of 2nd edition. It seems a waste of resources to invest in designing and play testing too many new pilots and upgrades for a set of rules which are outdated upon release. Fine with me, I welcome our new 2nd Edition overlords.

I was hoping for an announcement for it also. I think that due to 2.0 it is delayed til Wave 2 for Christmas - my reasoning for that is so they didn't have to release another expansion with both 1.0 & 2.0 components.

1 minute ago, Emrico said:

I was hoping for an announcement for it also. I think that due to 2.0 it is delayed til Wave 2 for Christmas - my reasoning for that is so they didn't have to release another expansion with both 1.0 & 2.0 components.

Good point :D

I'm guessing they were too busy with the X Wing 2.0 stuff to get it done in time for the movie release.  They probably planned to, seeing that Wave 14 didn't end up getting a Scum release, but it may still be on its way.  If it is still coming it is almost certainly going to be a 2.0 only release. 

Probably wave II.   They don't have anything scheduled for wave 2 yet, other than FO/Resistance conversion kits.  Also - new ship available for Christmas is a great business move.  Also, they will have enough time/info to get the pilot and crew cards right.  (cough*cough*WTF you mean, no Paige Tico card in the Resistance Bomber???)

Personally I am in favor of them never releasing a ship in tandem with the movies again.  All three of the "movie waves" have had glaring problems due to the necessity of locking the designs down 6 months before release and Disney keeping all the character information under wraps. 

6 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I’m happy to wait a bit if they need time to figure out how to make it gel. Some ships, like the Quadjumper, never felt right because they started with a gimmick and worked backwards to avoid making it too similar to existing ships. 

That at being said, I’m ready to drop money sight unseen at 2.0. 

Except the quad jumper is really freaking good...

Jakku Gunrunner
-Intelligence Agent
-Pattern Analyzer
-Spacetug Tractor Array
-Cloaking Device

Is an absolute beast of 22 points. I have forced a full health bb-8 poe with Fen coordinate in the list to fly off the board with this monster.

The cloak is to make the initial engagement work you need that 2 forward decloak or you just can't get into range that's really all it is for even if it fails on the first cloak it still got you that push forward.

Anyways I know this is off topic, I just can't have people bashing my Jakku Gunrunner! (it feels perfect.)

12 hours ago, RedHotDice said:

Just Zuck(uss) it up! 

My money is firmly on a Wave 2 release for 2nd Edition.  We know we're getting the First Order and Resistance conversion packs, so this would give them a great opportunity to do a Falcon release (Scum Chewie/Han/Lando for Solo, Rebel Chewie/Han/Lando for Episodes IV/V/VI, Resistance Chewie/Han/Rey for Episodes VII/VIII), and drop in the Heavy TIE Fighter for the Galactic Empire.  At that point you've got all of the factions covered in Wave 2.

I said it before in another topic, but is it because it's going to be packaged with a Firespray fix that they don't want to spoil because no one knows Boba is in the new movie? I have a feeling I might be right...
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2417052/rumors-are-swirling-about-an-original-star-wars-trilogy-character-appearing-in-solo-thanks-to-a-new-toy?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cinemablendallthing+(CINEMABLEND)