OccasionallyCorrect

A New Hope - New Leia Article

5 minutes ago, Tvayumat said:

Now, if I'm not mistaken, just like with Veers' Sharpshooter 1, Leia's Sharpshooter 2 applies to her Coordinated Bombardment, yes?

I like it.

I would concur since Sharpshooter is a Unit Keyword and not a Weapon Keyword.

20 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

Seems to me like Luke + Leia have amazing synergy. As it should be. 

Yeah agreed.  She can feed him dodge tokens and keep his suppression down, as well as give home a free speed 1 move.

6 minutes ago, Tvayumat said:

Between this and her ability to push troops with her command card, she is a Rebel Trooper's best friend.

Theirs, and Luke's. Take Cover means you're less tempted to take Reflexes on Luke, freeing up a slot and points. And the ability to launch him immedately after her could be potentially game changing.

7 minutes ago, Shanturin said:

Theirs, and Luke's. Take Cover means you're less tempted to take Reflexes on Luke, freeing up a slot and points. And the ability to launch him immedately after her could be potentially game changing.

Or... as my friend pointed out... getting multiple dodge tokens on Luke to fuel deflect and mess with targeting priority could be amazing.

10 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

Or... as my friend pointed out... getting multiple dodge tokens on Luke to fuel deflect and mess with targeting priority could be amazing.

Play "My Ally Is the Force" and order Luke/Leia, activate Leia and use Take Cover.

Luke has two without even activating with the potential for a third after he does. Love it.

EDIT: Luke and Leia could BOTH have two after the first activation, and one of Leia's would replenish with Nimble. Very yes.

Edited by Tvayumat

Am I right in sayin standing orders is the only must have Order...then you could have 3 from Leia and 3 from Luke?  Seems a bit OTT to me being able to have all of 2 commanders cards, surprised it isnt balanced a bit differently so you had to make  few choices re command cards with 2 commanders?

Just now, VAYASAN said:

Am I right in sayin standing orders is the only must have Order...then you could have 3 from Leia and 3 from Luke?  Seems a bit OTT to me being able to have all of 2 commanders cards, surprised it isnt balanced a bit differently so you had to make  few choices re command cards with 2 commanders?

You can have all of two commanders cards, sure.

If you lose one commander, you lose half your cards.

If you manage to lose both early, you may just be playing Standing Orders for the rest of the game.

1 minute ago, VAYASAN said:

1 minute ago, Tvayumat said:

You can have all of two commanders cards, sure.

If you lose one commander, you lose half your cards.

If you manage to lose both early, you may just be playing Standing Orders for the rest of the game.

Yeah, you can only issue the commander-specific cards from the given commander. If one commander dies, you can't use their cards. The other draw back is you are limited in who you give the orders to, like only trooper units for the 2 pip cards.

Well, now I am sure she will be part of my army.

- She's "cheap", which is nice.
- She's got two great turn 1 orders: The bombardment and the "no time for sorrows" which would really help getting to where you want to be (in cover) early.
- Her abilities are great to activate early in a turn (dodge) or late after everyone's suppressed.
- Her stats are "adequate"

The card art highlights the three Leias, but I think I like to see three separate minis... is that being greedy? I know we have Hoth Leia from Imperial Assault, and now the Endor Leia in Legion. I would like a classic white robed 'gonna kick your butt' Leia that shoots to kill, even when they say "Set for stun".

1 hour ago, TheEldarGuy said:

... but I think I like to see three separate minis... is that being greedy?... 

+1 to that - want to see alternate sculpts... 

Both the Leia variants you mention, ROTJ Luke, Lando as a Hutt guard, Han without the greatcoat and another of him encased in carbonite. 

(OK - not really that last one... 

... allllllthough, that would make a nice objective marker!

27 minutes ago, ABXY said:

+1 to that - want to see alternate sculpts... 

Both the Leia variants you mention, ROTJ Luke, Lando as a Hutt guard, Han without the greatcoat and another of him encased in carbonite. 

(OK - not really that last one... 

... allllllthough, that would make a nice objective marker!

The Leia pose does seem a little lackluster. 

Would have been cool to see a more dynamic, commander like pose, like how she appears on the Storms of Crait comic (holding binoculars and pointing).  I suppose one could always convert something.