Darth Drago

2.0. Painting. Don't match.

The biggest problem I've had with 2.0 is that a lot of the ships that we (the painting community) have painted will go to waste, getting put on shelves and sold for easy money to some collector.  I really like the idea of separate conversion kits for each ship, or if they could re-release the same ships.

-DD

1 minute ago, Darth Drago said:

The biggest problem I've had with 2.0 is that a lot of the ships that we (the painting community) have painted will go to waste, getting put on shelves and sold for easy money to some collector.  I really like the idea of separate conversion kits for each ship, or if they could re-release the same ships.

-DD

They are re-releasing ships though.

12 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Why would your painted ships be invalidated?  If they're usable in 1e, they will be usable in 2e with conversion kits.

He assumed a lot of ships wouldn't be making the leap to 2.0. He admitted he did not research fully when this was pointed out to not be the case.

Just to spread accurate info: 

People buying a conversion kit will be able to take their first edition plastic ship and base (if the sizes are the same) and just slap in a new cardboard piece and pick up the new dial.

Here is a list of the different ships that will be converted by each kit:

(The number to the left of the ship indicated how many dials you will get for each ship type)

Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit

3 – A-wing
2 – ARC-170
2 – Auzituck Gunship
2 – B-wing
2 – E-wing
2 – Ghost
2 – HWK-290
2 – K-wing
2 – Millennium Falcon
2 – Phantom I
2 – Phantom II
2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
2 – U-wing
2 – X-wing
2 – Y-wing
2 – YT-2400
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

Galactic Empire Conversion Kit

3 – Alpha-class Star Wing
3 – Inquisitor’s TIE
2 – Lambda-class Shuttle
2 – TIE Advanced
3 – TIE Aggressor
3 – TIE Bomber
2 – TIE Defender
4 – TIE Fighter
3 – TIE Interceptor
2 – TIE Phantom
2 – TIE Punisher
3 – TIE Striker
2 – VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit

2 – Hound’s Tooth
2 – HWK-290
2 – IG-2000
3 – Kihraxz Fighter
2 – Kimogila Fighter
4 – M3-A Interceptor
2 – Mist Hunter
3 – Protectorate Starfighter
2 – Punishing One
3 – Quadjumper
2 – Scurrg H-6 Bomber
2 – Shadow Caster
2 – Slave I
2 – StarViper
2 – Y-wing
4 – Z-95 Headhunter

It should be noted that many ships (specifics not yet revealed) will be re-sculpted if FFG feels it was warranted, as in the case of the X, Y, Silencer and Fang.

Which ships would you like to see with a new sculpt?

I'd like to see the Kihraxz in a different configuration, YOUR Ship IN STAR WARS... for real. - Page 2 - X-Wing ...

the G-1A (Mist Hunter), T-70 & B-wing (give them their flappy wings).

Edited by Force Majeure

2 hours ago, kayarn said:

He assumed a lot of ships wouldn't be making the leap to 2.0. He admitted he did not research fully when this was pointed out to not be the case.

Assumptions are the cause of many a problems when used incorrectly.

2 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

It should be noted that many ships (specifics not yet revealed) will be re-sculpted if FFG feels it was warranted, as in the case of the X, Y, Silencer and Fang.

Which ships would you like to see with a new sculpt?

I'd like to see the Kihraxz in a different configuration, YOUR Ship IN STAR WARS... for real. - Page 2 - X-Wing ...

the G-1A (Mist Hunter), T-70 & B-wing (give them their flappy wings).

What didn't they like about the silencer?

Yeah, this is probably why the painting and modification subforum people don't visit the main forums much. 

For the record, there's still going to be some cool repaints basically invalidated by the new sculpts. It's hard to beat the folding S-Foils or spinning wings on the new ships. I'm looking at it as a cool challenge though - a chance to revisit and perfect my repaints with new cooler sculpts! :) 

45 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

What didn't they like about the silencer?

Yup, too big.

For a lot of the New Trilogy/Rogue One ships, I think they got out the door before anyone was able to get any significant information on the ships before they became our play things.

Silencer: No missiles & too large, U-wing--could have used a side arc mechanic before the 2.0 fixes--Strikers supposedly could carry a crew/bomb.

Maybe the B/SF-17 & TIE s/f will get a rear gunner/crew this time around...

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

Yup, too big.

For a lot of the New Trilogy/Rogue One ships, I think they got out the door before anyone was able to get any significant information on the ships before they became our play things.

Silencer: No missiles & too large, U-wing--could have used a side arc mechanic before the 2.0 fixes--Strikers supposedly could carry a crew/bomb.

Maybe the B/SF-17 & TIE s/f will get a rear gunner/crew this time around...

Yeah in an interview they said when they made the Protectorate, they weren't told the wings moved at all. Just got sent a few pics of it looking like the model does. Most of the team found out watching the episode lol

And people wondered why we got names like "Blue Ace". Wasn't on FFG...