Sign in to follow this  
Codes

First Order/Resistance Conversion Info Or Speculations?

21 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Resistance are Gloryhound aces running 2-3 ship lists. First Order are suicidal devoted zealots who will do whatever it takes to win with their mini-elite swarms. 

This guy gets it. ;)

7 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

This guy gets it. ;)

No, I mean that is what the Devs have said about their faction identity. Specifically pointing out how the Resistance pilots. Jess Pava, 'help' each other out only for them to stand out, to do a "look how great I am!" kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, DXCrazytrain said:

My biggest curiosity is faction identities. How will FO/Resistance be different from Imp/ Rebel. 

My guess/hope is that, in a very general sense, original trilogy faction strengths will lean towards swarms, and new trilogy faction strengths will lean towards aces. Again, in a very general sense.

I know the original trilogy has aces like Han, Wedge, Soontir, and Vader, but I'm basing my speculation on the comparison of Howlrunner and Omega Leader.

To put it another way, new trilogy will be strongest with 2-3 ship lists whereas the original trilogy will be strongest with 4-5+ ship lists.

This is all just spitballing, we'll probably have to wait until we actually get our grubby little paws on the conversion kits to know for sure.

'Rebel pilots will help out each other while Resistance pilots will get better if they have friends near them. At least that what the devs told us in a Team Covenant video.

I am holding out hope that the Resistance kit will have A-wing cardboard so we can use 1.0 A-wings as Resistance ships.  Unlikely but would be a really cool move for FFG.  Heck, do the same thing for TIE bombers?  We've seen FO bombers in promotional materials...

3 hours ago, Joe Censored said:

I'm guessing they will be $25-$30 each and will coincide with some new ship releases for the factions.  Probably Resistance A Wing, but not sure for the First Order. 

A pity this bad boy wasn't used in TFA or TLJ:

Image result for first order tie interceptor

It would be cool though if it shows up in the new show.

Edited by impspy