Sign in to follow this  
beowolf777

Is Kath Scarlet going to make the cut?

4 minutes ago, Firespray-32 said:

Bounty Hunter generic is confirmed. It's in the promo spreads.

Kath Scarlet is a near certainty given the Firespray expansion comes with a title card for her Firespray. (It also contains title cards for Slave I and Andrasta).

Just ahead of me! Just looked up the title for Trelix and it gave twonnames and a link for one that is a Firespray. The other has no link.

15 minutes ago, Firespray-32 said:

Kath Scarlet is a near certainty given the Firespray expansion comes with a title card for her Firespray. (It also contains title cards for Slave I and Andrasta).

Any idea where the name of Kath Scarlet's Firespray comes from? Wookieepedia doesn't give the "Marauder" name and just calls it "Kath Scarlett's Firespray."

26 minutes ago, robertg97 said:

Poor Kath. I dont think much of her new ability. You must take generics, get them to block and kath has to be in arc :( :( . Looks like I wont be using one of my favorite pilots anymore

I'm genuinely puzzled by this reaction - her ability is still an extra attack dice which is rarer than it used to be, rewards blocking (a skill that the current game has lost a bit), and can be used from either of the Firespray's arcs rather than just the back one.
If anything, she's stronger than before!

1 minute ago, MalusCalibur said:

I'm genuinely puzzled by this reaction - her ability is still an extra attack dice which is rarer than it used to be, rewards blocking (a skill that the current game has lost a bit), and can be used from either of the Firespray's arcs rather than just the back one.
If anything, she's stronger than before!

I find its too limiting. Both in Squad building and conditions to set if off. When there are better options in other ships/pilots

Generic Starvipers, Fangs, and Scyks all seem like they would be very good blockers, and worth taking. Binayre Pirates gained barrel roll, so they should also be pretty good, cheap blockers. Kath (no longer restricted to rear arc) seems like a beast to me. Also, with the Marauder title (her ship) giving a re-roll *and* granting a gunner slot, I feeling pretty good about Kath's chances to wreck fools.

3 minutes ago, flooze said:

Bring Unkar! You don't have to move after the tractor beam I assume, so get the bump, reduce agility, add attack die. Profit! 

Kath's ability specifies a non-limited (non-unique) friendly ship. That aside, Quadjumpers could still be a great option here. More limited dials, but the tractor beam adds the double-whammy of potentially shifting the victim around as well as reducing agility!