Ravenhull

Would you want any (more) Clone War era ships available for Empire or Rebels?

Just now, Varyag said:

Episodes I, II, and III are almost good Star Wars movies. Some better dialogue and they would be. They are better than the new stuff we are getting, except Rogue One.

Better dialog and editing out some stuff. 

Particularly, if you were to edit out the worst of jar jar and replace the rest of gungan dialog with huttese. That, and redo the entire “Romance” story arc. 

1 minute ago, Varyag said:

Episodes I, II, and III are almost good Star Wars movies. Some better dialogue and they would be. They are better than the new stuff we are getting, except Rogue One.

That's a big stretch....

Was just watching some scenes from episode one with my son and wow is it bad... Acting is bad, writing is bad, story is well really bad. (i did not mind the other 2 at least the parts without anikan).

However, I like the force awakens and I liked the last Jedi (could use without the entire Fin arc... but the rest was really good). They are both pretty good action Star Wars movies. 

And yes Rogue one is very good. (it's my favorite of all star wars movies at this point.)

I really don't know what some people have against the new movies, but its all a matter of taste I guess and you are allowed to dislike them even if I enjoyed them. (No one is allowed to like episode one.... )

Mostly, not really.  I think the way they added the ARC worked out OK, since the title kinda explains it, but the factions for CW-era ships have always seemed... off to me.  The godawful mess George Lucas made of those films...

Like, I know there are folks who want Anakin in an ETA or suchlike.  But it's had just been awkward to figure out if that'd be Imperial or Rebel and such a mess.  Anyhow, if there were new factions of Separatists or Republic, I'm not super into that, but I'd rather have new torpedo and elite upgrades come in a Grand Army of the Republic faction than in reprint A-Wings. 

Anyhow, the N-1 is a decent enough looking ship.  The Naboo ships (fighter and larger ships) were the only ones which didn't look like trash, IMHO.  I cut the S-Foils off one of my ARCs and will probably snip the other as soon as I have a design in mind for painting it.  Likewise, they could kinda pull the ARC of a trick with some Scum stuff, but most of it doesn't make any sense to me.

3 hours ago, hiddenkenobi said:

Prequel content will get me into this.  Love how Destiny has had stuff from all eras 

Huge +1 here.

Right now I'm on the fence but mostly not in for 2.0, if Clone Wars factions I'm 100% on board. Seeing all of the prequel content in destiny tempts me and I don't like the mechanics of that game at all. But add in Separatists and Republic with the solid X-wing mechanics and give them a different league to keep the people that just want to play galactic alliance forever and to death happy and let the EU and Clone Wars in!

If they removed Slave-1 from Imperials I would rather see Clone War Factions for N-1 and other prequel ships. I know we got Arc-170 as a Rebel ship still but  that doesn't mean there won't be any cross platform ships.

No I don't; not so much because of my personal feelings on the prequels but because I like how the factions look (especially the Empire) and added old ships would ruin the immersion.

On 5/8/2018 at 3:16 AM, Varyag said:

Episodes I, II, and III are almost good Star Wars movies. Some better dialogue and they would be. 

Here we agree. 
Lore and story wise they are pretty interesting as as well. This is something they really have over TFA and Rogue One, which both are pretty predictable and thus to me at least bland and boring. 

On 5/8/2018 at 3:16 AM, Varyag said:

They are better than the new stuff we are getting, except Rogue One.

And agreement is gone. ?
Not only is imho Rogue One the worst out of bunch of new ones, but furthermore is the last jedi on par with empire imho. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

15 hours ago, SabineKey said:

I’m for it. There is also grounds for those Y-Wings to have slightly altered stats.

Sure, if anything they should have more hitpoints. Or as they do it nowadays, get access to reinforce...

7 hours ago, Varyag said:

100% agree. And I would put Rogue One at/near the top, juuuuuust under Empire Strikes Back.

Edited by Ambigatos

As i stated in another thread, unless we get Jar Jar Pilot in a ship that plays audio files, i am completely fine with the Clone wars era ships. Most are very cool designs and have nothing to do with bad dialogues/screenplay/course sand.

Would love to play a droid swarm personally!

Rogue one was a bloated snooze fest, a decent third act does not make up for needless world hopping.

The acting was bland the most likeable character was the cgi droid.

Then we have the needless stacking of motivation, she already had reason to hate the empire set up at the start but we had to waste time on her losing her father and surrogate father.

The rebels were despicable people completely contradictory to how they are shown in the OT, and because of that I felt no sympathy as they died.

It was better than the prequels but that's such a low bar it's not really saying much.

1 minute ago, Hobojebus said:

Rogue one was a bloated snooze fest, a decent third act does not make up for needless world hopping.

The acting was bland the most likeable character was the cgi droid.

Then we have the needless stacking of motivation, she already had reason to hate the empire set up at the start but we had to waste time on her losing her father and surrogate father.

The rebels were despicable people completely contradictory to how they are shown in the OT, and because of that I felt no sympathy as they died.

It was better than the prequels but that's such a low bar it's not really saying much.

I am not even sure that it was better than the prequels :D

Now the space battle, in a cut that removes all the ground action might be the best space battle in all of star wars history. If you play this one back to back as one large segment ... it's mind blowing good. But as you said, the first two acts are super weak, the third act plays like a best off 50's ww2 movies on the ground, nothing exiting, nothing surprising there either. And just the space battle does not redeem the a movie. Actually I way say that the extended cut of TPM is actually better than the theatrical release of Rogue One. Yes, I disliked that one this much. :D

Though I would give the acting a passable and blame the script for the bland performance. Something similar which can be said about the prequels acting btw. It just shows how good McGregor is that he could work with the prequel script ... and his parts were some of the better parts in the script anyway, while Portman really had the worst parts. But hey, all forgotten, I made up with the prequels thanks to "The Clone Wars".  Prequel content is still pretty awesome overall even when the movies are dragging it down. Still OT era has The Ewoks and Droids and the holiday specials. ?

1 hour ago, Chucknuckle said:

If Clone Wars era ships make more of an appearance in X Wing, I’d like them to remain strictly in their own factions so players can play era specific games without bleed over if that’s their thing.

Agreed, I find the weird melting pot releases that are done for the differing Star Wars IP’s confusing and off putting. I think IA is a really good example of how not to do it imo. 

15 minutes ago, Hobojebus said:

Star wars is a binary choice rebels =good empire=evil, when you make the rebels into space isis you make the empire into the space usa.

And I can't root for isis.

That might be how you see it, but it’s not the case, nor is it realistic or even a popular view of the Rebels vs Imperials.