MrMaggles

Force Stacking?

So force powers we know virtually nothing but the theory crafting part of my brain just likes to think up combos...

but we do know of atleast two force crew members that could potentially go onto the same ship, I am of course referring to the good old faithful Decimator assuming it still has 3 crew slots and not 2 crew and 1 gunner slot...

we can theoretically put both Vader and Palpatine on the same rig, give the Decimator Pilot 2 force points that can be used to modify focus results or on the crew abilities, so can we use Vader or Palpatines ability twice with this combo? And more importantly both crew have a regen arrow so will the Decimator regen 2 points a turn aswel? Seems awfully good if it is...

ofcourse all speculation but gotta Love were this is heading either way

Edited by MrMaggles

I believe that a ship will recover only 1 Force Charge per round, no matter how many sources of Force Charges it has. To use your example, both the Emperor Palpatine and the Darth Vader crew cards have 1 Force Charge. These are added to the base pilot's (let say Patrol Leader's) Force stat of zero, to get a total of 2. According to my understanding, the ship as a whole would then only recover 1 Force Charge per round.

9 minutes ago, Incard said:

I believe that a ship will recover only 1 Force Charge per round, no matter how many sources of Force Charges it has. To use your example, both the Emperor Palpatine and the Darth Vader crew cards have 1 Force Charge. These are added to the base pilot's (let say Patrol Leader's) Force stat of zero, to get a total of 2. According to my understanding, the ship as a whole would then only recover 1 Force Charge per round.

This was my assumption also, I still however think the palp Vader combo if leagal would be a good way to smack two unavoidable damage on a ship ;)

I'm with Incard

On the basis that

1.) Self-sufficient stacked synergy (alit. Bonus!) Kinda got us into 2.0 in the first place and this is an elegant way to balance it 

And 2.) Palp and Vader and Luke have +force on their card, implying they add it to your ship card

Contrast with charges, located on the upgrade card (or on the ship if the ship has limited use abilities like Iden)

Edited by ficklegreendice

8 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

2.) Palp and Vader and Luke have +force on their card, implying they add it to your ship card

Contrast with charges, located on the upgrade card (or on the ship if the ship has limited use abilities like Iden)

I believe this is consistent with other new upgrades that modify ship stats. For example, the 2.0 version of Shield Upgrade has the "+ 1 (shield)" icon in its rules text box.

Because there's a regen arrow on the crew card, I actually think they'll regen on both crew AND ship, but I may be wrong.
But, here's how to do even better!

Darth Vader, + palpatine on other ship. Spend force on darthie, then regen force on both him and the ship carrying palpi, for a 2 force regen, 3-4 action mean machine.

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

we can only hope, because that pigeon-holes you into stacking Force users and is broken as ****

Infinite resources and defensive stacking is ONE OF THE REASONS WHY 1.0 WAS BROKEN. I hope FFG learned their lesson or else I hope they're quick with the balance changes.

Edited by Npmartian

A simple solution would be in the rules for regenerating force points for it to say

“You can only Regenerate a maximum of 1 force point for each ship that is able in the end phase”

well, a year of play testing...and us yokels being able to tell at a **** glance how much of a problem that would be

didn't stop the torp scout, but FFG must have learned from that mistake

we can only hope, but at least all the thus far revealed changes in 2.0 point to a coherent intention by the design team. I highly doubt stacking force regeneration is a part of that intention

2 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

I’m sure there will be anti-force abilities like bonuses when targeting a ship with a  Force number but no force tokens (‘force dry’).  FFG was (probably) learned it’s lesson.

Watto (Crew) - Ignore all force abilities. "I'm a Toydarian, mind tricks don't work on me."