badgerclaw171

X wing 2.0 Medium size base

On 5/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, arkhamssaber said:

Did they say how barrel rolls will work for medium base ships? 

In one of the demo game streams, they said medium and large bases both use the same method for doing barrel rolls.

Hmm, if Aggressors get the Medium it would reduce their speed slightly. But also help with their biggest disadvantage which imo is vulnerability to blocking. Hope they keep their C boost/evade combo somehow, either by linked action or pilot ability. So fun to boost those ships around ND pseudo-arc dodge. :)

Have FFG said anything about universal half points in 2nd ed? I would assume at least medium ships are up for it, since all the current point sink small ships seem to be moved to medium. 

7 minutes ago, westiebestie said:

Hmm, if Aggressors get the Medium it would reduce their speed slightly. But also help with their biggest disadvantage which imo is vulnerability to blocking. Hope they keep their C boost/evade combo somehow, either by linked action or pilot ability. So fun to boost those ships around ND pseudo-arc dodge. :)

Have FFG said anything about universal half points in 2nd ed? I would assume at least medium ships are up for it, since all the current point sink small ships seem to be moved to medium. 

On the scum-preview (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/become-infamous/), you can see half a IG-88A pilot, and it states something about sharing the calculate-token. And there is also something about "droid-brain", so I think it is safe to say that the IG-88 pilot abilities and IG-2000 title mechanics have changed..

Where is everyone getting the aggressors as being medium base from? The article only lists the small ships that have moved up to medium and then we have the separate info on the firespray but I haven't seen anything about the igs. Were they covered on stream or are people just hoping?

3 hours ago, ElricStormbringer said:

Where is everyone getting the aggressors as being medium base from? The article only lists the small ships that have moved up to medium and then we have the separate info on the firespray but I haven't seen anything about the igs. Were they covered on stream or are people just hoping?

I too, would like confirmation either way on this one.

Given they're using large sized pegs rather than small, I really do hope they let the IG-88 have their shrinking trick.

9 hours ago, westiebestie said:

If your talking MOV, all ship sizes will give half points for half damage.

For what i recall medium base ships will be:

K-wing, ARC-170, U-wing, Firespray, Aggressors, TIE Punisher, TIE Reaper. 

The Silencer shall become smaller and stay small base. 

on the calculate action i assume some strange interactions not just among aggressors bit among all droid pilots, like 4-LOM and Guri as well

On 5/7/2018 at 5:01 AM, arkhamssaber said:

Did they say how barrel rolls will work for medium base ships? 

I dont recall them saying, but I would imagine that same manner like large ones too.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:07 AM, Vontoothskie said:

what a poor attitude. 

I expect that when I purchase a product it does what is advertised.  The conversion kit advertises that it will allow you to play with all the ships listed on the box which you already own a copy of, therefore I expect to be able to do so.

Then I think the problem is with your expectations and not the conversion kits. It sure seems like a lot of hard work to find all these tiny inconsequential problems with the 2.0 edition change you keep bringing up.

5 hours ago, Freeptop said:

Doesn't look like the Aggressors are changing base size:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/3000/1/1/become-infamous/

Yeah, but they don't mention the Firespray which is already confirmed as medium base (indeed, was the first ship mentioned as being medium base).  I think they're only mentioning the ones which are converting up, not the ones which are converting down.

33 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yeah, but they don't mention the Firespray which is already confirmed as medium base (indeed, was the first ship mentioned as being medium base).  I think they're only mentioning the ones which are converting up, not the ones which are converting down.

the aggressor was talked about in the team covenant interview about being medium size

12 hours ago, Kanawolf said:

If your talking MOV, all ship sizes will give half points for half damage.

Yay! :)

11 hours ago, Taiowaa said:

on the calculate action i assume some strange interactions not just among aggressors bit among all droid pilots, like 4-LOM and Guri as well

I assumed so too when I read the new IG88A pilot ability, guess those other droids will have calculate instead of focus. But that interaction would only be valid with A.

Very curious if there will still be a IG2000 title, and what the B-D abilities will be.

Imagine IG88A, C (hopefully same ability) and Guri. Dream s-loop squadron. Probably over 200p but they said 3 bare-ish aggressors or 2 kitted out and a 3rd ship at 200..

I think IG2000 will be ’baked in’ on the Agressor. On the other hand, might be only on the IG-88s, and they might release an organic Agressor pilot that doesn’t have the title built in.

Edited by Ravenhull
Grammer

On 5/6/2018 at 11:49 PM, CasoPrime said:

How are they going to be short 6 medium Bases? I don't think you will ever have to field that many plastic bases, saying 6 short is just a ridiculous statement. 

I believe the TC game they said a medium base is 1.5x1.5 small bases. So just enough of a difference to have to learn distances with them and what you can get away on the maneuvers.

um... Epic?

custom games?

if you want to display your ships on a shelf?

storage?

playing a 2 player game with 1 collection?

whats ridiculous is the number of hoops you need to jump through pretend a player would never need those bases.

claiming theyre useless just because YOU personally dont have a use for them doesnt make much sense

Just now, Vontoothskie said:

um... Epic?

custom games?

if you want to display your ships on a shelf?

storage?

playing a 2 player game with 1 collection?

whats ridiculous is the number of hoops you need to jump through pretend a player would never need those bases.

claiming theyre useless just because YOU personally dont have a use for them doesnt make much sense

Conversion kits are a means to get 1.0 ships playable in 2.0. They are not a means for Epic, that is coming later, as the Devs have stated in numerous interviews. It is also not called a Display kit, so it is not meant to have enough bases to display every single one of your ships. If people would actually look at the conversion for that what they are, not what they want them to be, it would be easier for the whole community. That said, I will have some extra medium bases at the release of 2.0 with what comes with saws and the conversion kits, if you are interested. 

13 hours ago, Jike said:

Then I think the problem is with your expectations and not the conversion kits. It sure seems like a lot of hard work to find all these tiny inconsequential problems with the 2.0 edition change you keep bringing up.

do you always assume your opinions are facts?

you say you like 2.0s implimentation, i say I dont. those are both opinions dude.  your so called "inconsequential" issues matter to many of us, and if they arent fixed they are dealbreakers.

what is fact is that the number of bases in the conversion, at least for rebels currently, is not enough to convert the ships listed on the box.

since many of us already feel its not worth converting, that makes it an even harder sell

4 minutes ago, CasoPrime said:

Conversion kits are a means to get 1.0 ships playable in 2.0. They are not a means for Epic, that is coming later, as the Devs have stated in numerous interviews. It is also not called a Display kit, so it is not meant to have enough bases to display every single one of your ships. If people would actually look at the conversion for that what they are, not what they want them to be, it would be easier for the whole community. That said, I will have some extra medium bases at the release of 2.0 with what comes with saws and the conversion kits, if you are interested. 

I appreciate the offer, but I think you're missing my point here:

X-wing appeals to people for different reasons.

some people only bought the game to display models.

some people bought it for epic play.

some people only bought it for casual/homebrew silliness.

some for tournaments.

for most of the playerbase (non tournament players) the game was never that broken, and the very high cost of conversion seems like a bad deal when much of the stuff you need isnt even included.  people spend a lot of time and money on storage solutions and displays, from tackle boxes or plano to curio cabinets because thats half the appeal, getting to goof around with miniatures. the game could be played with only cardboard or better yet on a computer, but we WANT it to be physical and look cool. display is part of that

it seems completely disingenuous to discount all the players who dont agree with you about this. at least in my playgroup, no one is converting unless they adress these issues. 0 out 8. we talked about it and all agreed to switch to necromunda next month if 2.0 releases as currently advertised.