badgerclaw171

X wing 2.0 Medium size base

So fantasy flight announced that some of the smaller ships will become medium ships. But I'm also wondering about some the large ships to the exit quite small are they gonna be down size to medium size bases. I'm thinking towards the IG88 The aggressors .  They've always seemed a bit small for a large base.

2nd part of this question is with the conversion kits are they gonna come with basis for the mediums and if not how we gonna get them without purchasing new ships. 

27 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

They're including medium bases. They use the same pegs as large base ships. They'll also be including adapters for small base ships that are now medium base ships.

Cool  I was hoping they would step up  And supply the actual Medium base. 

And I'm glad that they downgrading some of the large base ships that weren't really that large to medium. Justin make sense to have such small ships on such large bases.

Are medium still square or are they 1x1 small bases?  I hope they decide to do that so they can also make “long” bases.  Not that I’ve been suggesting that since wave 2 or anything...

it would make flying really really interesting and ship mastery a real skills achievement. 

Edited by Rakky Wistol

3 hours ago, badgerclaw171 said:

So fantasy flight announced that some of the smaller ships will become medium ships. But I'm also wondering about some the large ships to the exit quite small are they gonna be down size to medium size bases. I'm thinking towards the IG88 The aggressors .  They've always seemed a bit small for a large base.

2nd part of this question is with the conversion kits are they gonna come with basis for the mediums and if not how we gonna get them without purchasing new ships. 

each kit will come with less than you need to convert its contents.

currently it appears that a rebel player will be short 6 medium bases if they purchase 1 conversion kit hoping to convert the listed contents.

its the main reason im not buying into this garbage

9 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

each kit will come with less than you need to convert its contents.

currently it appears that a rebel player will be short 6 medium bases if they purchase 1 conversion kit hoping to convert the listed contents.

its the main reason im not buying into this garbage

How are they going to be short 6 medium Bases? I don't think you will ever have to field that many plastic bases, saying 6 short is just a ridiculous statement. 

I believe the TC game they said a medium base is 1.5x1.5 small bases. So just enough of a difference to have to learn distances with them and what you can get away on the maneuvers.

1 hour ago, Rakky Wistol said:

Are medium still square or are they 1x1 small bases?  I hope they decide to do that so they can also make “long” bases.  Not that I’ve been suggesting that since wave 2 or anything...

it would make flying really really interesting and ship mastery a real skills achievement. 

I think mediums are a 1.5 x 1.5 (using small base units) so 2.25 times the size of a small base instead of 4 times the size. It will make bank estimations a little tougher.

9 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

You expect people to be playing with 10 medium ships??!!

get real. 

what a poor attitude. 

I expect that when I purchase a product it does what is advertised.  The conversion kit advertises that it will allow you to play with all the ships listed on the box which you already own a copy of, therefore I expect to be able to do so.

And the only way you could be 6 medium bases short was if you were wanting to play with 10 medium ships at once (since the kit comes with 4), which is ridiculous. I’d be surprised if anyone ever wants to play with more than 2, maybe 3 in epic, at once, so the kit actually comes with more than are needed. 

Epic is not supported, yet.  So the box is correct.  The number of medium bases in a conversion kit will field the appropriate number of ships for a standard game.  You dont need all your ships in your display case to have medium bases for your game to be legal.  If that is your bugaboo, then you should also be demanding FFG replace every single focus token, evade, target lock, etc.  They're not giving you everything back.  They're giving you a convenient way to start fielding lists with what you already own for a game of 2.0.  

You dont need 10 medium bases. FFG had to draw a line somewhere between the crazy collector fanatics that have 20 tie fighters, and 8 uwings, and the casual who just has not even 1 of every ship.

I will post medium bases on trade list if people really need them. I will only be needing a few at most. I have a drawer full of unused large bases as is

5 hours ago, Marinealver said:

I think mediums are a 1.5 x 1.5 (using small base units) so 2.25 times the size of a small base instead of 4 times the size. It will make bank estimations a little tougher.

It’ll change things up but I would have preferred “wide” and “long” rectangular bases instead of just a scaled up/down square.