Sign in to follow this  
Raichi

Reason Not To Convert That’s Ain’t Being Discuss

No this is not another it cost to much money to convert topic. What I believe makes converting a bit challenging is the fact that the older models of ships like the Original X-Wing is gonna feel obsolete against the New improved X-Wings with the adjustable S-Foils and improved sculpts. This ain’t just happening to the X-Wing models but also to the Protectorate & many other ships that they plan to rerelease so to quote Men In Black 2 “Old & Busted... the New Hotness”.

Then you got the fact not all the old ships are being repackage at once so if you were to sell off all the old then you’ll be behind since the conversion kits temporary exclusives could make the meta where you play and you no longer have the ships cause you want the new hotness.

Edited by Raichi

I only own 2  Protectorate ships  So I will probably buy one of the new improve ones but I'm not  Going to replace all of them.

And I'll probably see a couple of ships around properly by one I'm just not the replace my whole fleet with new ones. 

Having watched the team cov video, the quality isn't that far off. Don't got no flappiez but really you're not going to stop the game to fiddle with those 

The y, on the other hand...

Amyway, tiny potatoes. There's really only two reasons to not play 2.0: inability to pay and unwillingness (through lack of interest or otherwise) to do so 

Edited by ficklegreendice

19 minutes ago, Mep said:

A for profit business looking to make monies by improving their product?????? This is a scandal!

Go sell some plasma, help those that need it, and get yourself some money for your star wars toys.

Either you’re trying to be funny or misunderstood.

15 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Having watched the team cov video, the quality isn't that far off. Don't got no flappiez but really you're not going to stop the game to fiddle with those 

There's really only two reasons to not play 2.0: inability to pay and unwillingness (through lack of interest or otherwise) to do so 

The Y-Wing does look really nice...

Though what the main discussion is “Should I convert to 2.0...” than “Will I play 2.0...” There’s a diffence between the two. I feel like I’ll definitely play 2.0 in some fashion but do I want to convert when there’s improved models that’ll make the older ones feel very meh to field.

Edited by Raichi

Just wait for that person to insist on adjusting S-Foils ... and just happens to nudge the model into arc after the adjustment.

Okay, that's really pessimistic and cynical.

They look good and it is a nice touch. :)

12 hours ago, Mep said:

A for profit business looking to make monies by improving their product?????? This is a scandal!

Go sell some plasma, help those that need it, and get yourself some money for your star wars toys.

Posts like yours are the main reason why I am dissengaging from this forum. This was a gentlemen's forum years ago. 

Edited by Hexdot

13 hours ago, Raichi said:

Then you got the fact not all the old ships are being repackage at once so if you were to sell off all the old then you’ll be behind since the conversion kits temporary exclusives could make the meta where you play and you no longer have the ships cause you want the new hotness.

Note that we don't know that all ships will be tourney legal upon v2.0 launch.  They've continuously stated that an advantage of the app is that it'll allow them to adjust points and make themed events and seasons by turning certain products off for those events.

So it's possible (er, probable?) that we start in Sept with a "Battle of Yavin" theme, where only X, Y, TIE/ln, and TIE/x1 are legal (and maybe the scum ships, who knows how they play in) for tourney play.  So if you don't have v1.0 of HWKs to update via the upgrade kit, it doesn't matter because they're not legal.

13 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Amyway, tiny potatoes. There's really only two reasons to not play 2.0: inability to pay and unwillingness (through lack of interest or otherwise) to do so 

I think there is a third one.

After a notable investment in time fixing and customicing your X Wing experience, no need to throw away the job done. I think 2.0 will be great. Per example fixing the X. But after many, many discarded fixes we found what on our tables is a fine equilibrium between playability, charisma and game balance. 

No need to start rethinking the game, stockpilling new cardboard and throwing away hundreds of dials. 

But 99.99% sure 2.0 will be a much better game "playing by the book". But there are more than 2 reasons to not change to 2.0. 

And we will include for sure 2.0 cards into our games. Per example the new Biggs. I will purchase at least one each. But will not "convert". 

Per example while playing at home never used TLTs "by the book". +1 pt and R3 green dice bonus. Later simply discarded points value while writing scenarios. After hundreds or even thousands of hours working on improving the game, it works fine for us.

Edited by Hexdot