Sir Orrin

What 2.0 ship are you most excited about?

4 hours ago, heychadwick said:

There are a lot if ships I want to see on the table.  It will be really fun for a good while.

One ship that I've really been wondering about is the Scyk.  Thought I would be the only one, but am not.  It's supposes to be a very cheap interceptor. Will it have a better dial?  Will it have linked actions?  Will it be the same, but super cheap?  Will it have a Light or Heavy ...what was the word...CONFIGURATION!  It could be a pretty cool ship with a redraft.

The scyk interests me, as well.  I imagine it will get a bit of an overhaul.  The dial will probably end up with some S-Loops or T-Rolls, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it ended up with a linked Focus > red Barrel-Roll.  Whatever upgrade slot they call it, Heavy/Light Scyk will probably be fundamentally unchanged.

I'm interested in all the ships I "can't" fly right now: Y-wings, B-Wings, HWKs, Quadjumpers, Scyks and the Mist hunter. I am also eager to see the new Starviper and a jumpmaster that is balanced.

I painted my 3 K-Wings (Elsa, Pride, and Dorothy), so it'd be cool if there were something not-degenerate I could do with those.

I also would love to fly Zuckuss and 4-LOM.  I love those guys for some odd reason.  But the G1-A is so bad.  Hopefully, it's on par with other stuff, or close enough to on par, and I can use them.  I have two, and one is painted decloaking.

I'm most curious to see how the E-Wing and TIE Defender turn out in 2.0.  Defenders are some of my favorites now (I mean, their fix titles were amazing).  E-Wings are a ship I haven't really flown, because they're pre-Veterans level overpriced.

I had the sudden realisation that we might get a Hound's Tooth and Nashtah Pup that don't suck.

The party bus was always fine, but I'm excited about having a legitimate reason to run my Z-95 escape pod.

4 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

latest?cb=20080421012306

Uh.

The Decimator in the game (and the above pic) is the Legends version. This version:

15 hours ago, KaLeu said:

And maybe they can revert that stretch-limo-nonsense they did with the sculpt. I always thought this is wrong.

img_0215.jpg

is the "newcanon version".

Edited by Ironlord

Just now, Commander Kaine said:

You know it's stylized

The game is prone to taking liberties with ship appearance, yes. For example, their version of the TIE Defender has proportionally longer struts for the wing panels, than the Legends and Newcanon versions of TIE Defenders.

So it's possible that if a more "high detail" game has Decimators (or a TV series) - then they will look more like the Legends version than like the Star Wars Commander version.

27 minutes ago, Ironlord said:

The Decimator in the game (and the above pic) is the Legends version. This version:

is the "newcanon version".

Oh boy. I wish my head worked like that. So by your unfortunate logic, all the new canon stuff should look like this, right?

image_bd9e4cae.jpeg

Stylized in the "Commander" style? Did you even know that the Decimator image you have there is from Commander? Furthermore, let me tell you something as a Star Wars Galaxies veteran.

That ship was always an Imperial Falcon, and this was a Rebel Falcon

latest?cb=20111223211535
The YKL-37R nova Courier. Want some more Commander images?
hqdefault.jpgpic2768640.png

Research is a good thing. Don't forget that.

4 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Oh boy. I wish my head worked like that.

Did you even know that the Decimator image you have there is from Commander?

Research is a good thing. Don't forget that.

I did say that the Star Wars Commander TIE Defender was stylised-looking, didn't look much like the Rebels TIE Defender, and therefore, that Star Wars Commander images should be regarded with caution.

I was trying to communicate to KaLeu, who was complaining about the FFG Decimator, why it looks different - because FFG were using a different source - a Legends source.

As to how I'd guessed that KaLeu had gotten the image from a Star Wars Commander-related source - it was because the "canon page" on Wookieepedia for the Decimator, shows that very same image - and cites Star Wars Commander as the source for all their information.

Edited by Ironlord

I came in just before wave 6 and I fell in love with the Scum faction because I remember sitting in the theatre as the bounty hunters were getting orders from Vader to find Luke. I was excited when they were each being introduced to the game. Only to see that either they received no game play, only could have one build to even see play or absolutely overused/hated until it was nerfed and then shelved. So I look forward to seeing what they have done to balance it all out and keep the scum faction scummy with tons of flavor.

My all time favorites are the Firespray and the Scurrg. I am interested in how they are fixed and what new characters are added.

I came in after the great Phantom nerf and look forward to seeing how they make them competitive. I was never around for tie swarms. That would be nice to see as that is the Star Wars I remember as a kid. I have always loved the look of the Empire. Rows and Rows of storm troopers. Squadron after squadron of ties. I look forward to the changes.

X-Wings back on the table and Y-wing that does a bombing run. Not the turret monster that it became. I was not around for the BBBZ and can't wait to see the B-wing on the table. Was always one of my favorite Rebel ships.

Looking forward to the "possibility" that all ships are present in the meta. In some combination or another each ship finds it's way to the competitive scene. If someone asks what build would optimize a certain ship (obviously because they want to fly it) they can get a better answer than... that ship is worthless.

Gotta say the TIE (real) phantom is looking super cool

No longer is it so dependent on ps that it'd require an intervention, instead we get this cool Stygium array mechanic

Apart from the nifty free evade, it's also super thematic. If the enemy can pinpoint your location (ie you're not getting shot and don't have to spend the evade) you can keep harrying him from unexpected directions

If he finds you, the jig is up! You gotta prepare for a brawl or slip away to safely cloak again 

The phantom design seems really inspired and I'm sad I sold mine off so long ago 

edit: know what I didn't consider?

the phantom can barrel-roll, not get a shot, and STILL cloak. the amount of pre-combat positioning you can arrange with this set-up is absurd

and then, guess what? the free evade is an action...but the cloak is not. YOU CAN K-TURN AND CLOAK!

you won't be able to auto-cloak the following round (stressed during decloak, so no free evade action), but then you could still green maneuver + evade action to get it back

Edited by ficklegreendice

Replace the word "excited" with "nervous as ****" and that would be the TIE Defender. It's super good in the lore...I just hope it's super good on the table (again). I also love the double tap that you can do.

3 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

Oh, also Inquisitor. I want to know what his force power is. 

Going by Luke and Vader (and palp crew, but not Luke crew...seems gunner in general is gone) it's the same ability but you have to spend force

But because it's Force it's also better because you get free, action independent "focus" 

3 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Going by Luke and Vader (and palp crew, but not Luke crew...seems gunner in general is gone) it's the same ability but you have to spend force

But because it's Force it's also better because you get free, action independent "focus" 

So, "Spend a force token to treat the target of your attack as being in range 1." Something like that?

Luke's power is actually 100% the same thing, but they have based it on the new force resource. I guess the others would be the same way.