Sign in to follow this  
SolidusPrime

Dear FFG: Please open more Gen Con spots :)

51 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

They filled up so fast I missed my chance to get in :P 

Anyone know if the new standalones will be for sale on the side?

They have been officially announced as being released together (the GenCon and the Arkham Nights scenario) in a single pack down the road. However, we were also promised Labyrinths of Lunacy would be released, and we're going on basically a year now, so take that with a grain of salt.

FFG has nothing to do with the number of spots available at GenCon. That's all up to the expo coordinators.

1 hour ago, Network57 said:

They have been officially announced as being released together (the GenCon and the Arkham Nights scenario) in a single pack down the road. However, we were also promised Labyrinths of Lunacy would be released, and we're going on basically a year now, so take that with a grain of salt.

FFG has nothing to do with the number of spots available at GenCon. That's all up to the expo coordinators.

So they don't actually sell the new products at the events, the only way to get them is to get a spot in the event itself, right?

On 5/6/2018 at 11:10 AM, Network57 said:

This isn't true.  They're limited on space and manpower, but FFG can get bigger events if they want.  They have a lot of floor space at the con, and last year ran numerous events that handled 350 to even (I believe) 600+ for L5R.

That said, they have got around 350 slots of AH this year total.  That's actually a lot, and more than last year by a fair margin.

Yeah, I had two different time slots in my wishlist and clicked the submit button right when it went live.  Was placed number 2400 in line to process my wishlist.  They were gone by the time I got through.  I think next year, I may skip my wishlist and just try to go right to buying that one event when event tickets go live.  I am guessing that is how they got filled so fast -- it took over 20 minutes for me to be able to process my wishlist at spot 2400.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, Network57 said:

I'm pretty sure their LotR LCG Gencon decks typically go on sale the following June/July.  I grant you that is a year after the con.