One-Armed Sorcerer

Dreadnaught Cruiser / Imperial Support Vessel

So, it seems that Disney has finally done it and made the famous Dreadnaught canon. ?

Looks like the Empire gave it an aesthetic overhaul similar to the Gozanti cruiser. The edged design choice will probably raise some debate. I personally prefer the original design. However, you can still imagine that there is an original one underneath some added layers of armor or some general technical improvements. Afer all I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. Plus, should it find its way into armada, it should make an interesting medium-size imperial warship; maybe something with heavy guns on its flanks like the MC30. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Support_Vessel

Rebels_Dreadnaught.jpg

11 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Where have you been for a while? 

I am trying to work out a design for them. Not sure exactly. 

6215h.jpg

I didn't see a thread covering it and since a lot of people are totally "I want a Dreadnaught!" I though opening one couldn't be so bad. :P

Btw. Nice card. Your choices regarding the stats are extremely close to my own approach to it (which doesn't have to mean anything, but I think they fit.)

Edited by One-Armed Sorcerer

I think the Dreadnaught is a logical choice to enter the game. In Legends it was a common ship among many factions, I wonder if they are willing to do multi-faction ships?

Alternatively- since this ship got a visual update to fit the Imperial aesthetic, I wonder if adding the Mk. I Assault Frigate could be added as a similar ship but with a Rebel aesthetic

I do worry that adding the fleet support slot would nullify the usefulness of flotillas however

1 hour ago, Alexhurlbut said:

Hm, is the 2 blue anti squadron battery indication of having no point defense/laser cannons at all?

The regular Dreadnought had more laser cannons than Turbolasers. I am assuming these could be used against squadrons to a reasonable degree. 

19 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

The regular Dreadnought had more laser cannons than Turbolasers. I am assuming these could be used against squadrons to a reasonable degree. 

Well yeah the original had laser cannons or such, but the Imperial version is all turbolaser, at least in Legends.

2 minutes ago, Alexhurlbut said:

Well yeah the original had laser cannons or such, but the Imperial version is all turbolaser, at least in Legends.

Well I did make a more Red dice focused turbo laser version already.

Well, I think the Dreadnaught looks cools. Also, in Legends it could absorb a significant amount of damage before going down. Look at Braxant Brave in NjO.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braxant_Bonecrusher

The Dark Force was a sought after task force for Thrawn despite being being almost 50 years old. 

Dreadnaught, Dreadnaught! We will buy! Take our money!

Edited by RG1701

I really wonder with what purpose they'll come up for it, should it ever be used again in Canon. Support Vessel is rather unspecific. It could indicate both logistical and combat support. It doesn't seem to be even close to being a main line vessel.

Now it think about it, the Rebels version does look like a beefed up Gozanti a bit.

Could be a platform for 2 fleet support upgrades. I’ve certainly designed some builds that I can’t use since the support nerf. And I don’t mean for activation padding, actual support upgrades.