Sign in to follow this  
C3gorach

Is it worth to buy Wave XIV as someone new planning to start with 2.0

As the title says, i'm planning to start X-Wing with the release of 2.0. I saw that Wave XIV will be 2.0 as well. So is it worth it, or it will be re-released in some way after 2.0?

Thanks.

Its possible it could be re-released but not likely as it has all of the 2.0 components in there.

You could look at it as being wave 0 of 2.0.

The individual U-wing and X-wing will be available as separates but I suspect "Aces" boxes like this will be a thing of the past in 2.0 as there will be no need to issue fix cards for older ships.

Surely be worth it, because of the 2.0 components.  They've said aces-style packs won't be re-released, so Saw's Renegades is surely a one-release pack. Plus it'd take a while for the TIE Reaper to swing back round with all the other 1.0 ships to release.

Actually, thats a pretty good question for rebels  Will the wave 14 pilots also be in the xwing and uwing pack in 2.0? In the base box? Or in a conversion kit?

Or will there be no other place to get them?

For the reaper: I am sure that pack is a good start, just waiting to be combined with some TIEs.

3 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Actually, thats a pretty good question for rebels  Will the wave 14 pilots also be in the xwing and uwing pack in 2.0? In the base box? Or in a conversion kit?

Or will there be no other place to get them?

For the reaper: I am sure that pack is a good start, just waiting to be combined with some TIEs.

No, none of the wave 14 content will be int he conversion kits, except presumably some copies of Pivot Wing.

10 hours ago, C3gorach said:

As the title says, i'm planning to start X-Wing with the release of 2.0. I saw that Wave XIV will be 2.0 as well. So is it worth it, or it will be re-released in some way after 2.0?

Thanks.

Yes, it is worth it. Not only will it be unlikely to be rereleased, but if you plan to go Rebels, Saw’s Renegades plus the Core will likely give you enough for a full list to start with right away. Add the two expansion packs (X-wing and Y-wing) and you’ll even have some nice options! 

And if you’re an Imperial dog I guess you can go Reaper, Core and 1 of each expansion pack as well (Reaper and Core might be just short of a full list, but I’m not sure). 

11 hours ago, kayarn said:

Its possible it could be re-released but not likely as it has all of the 2.0 components in there.

You could look at it as being wave 0 of 2.0.

The individual U-wing and X-wing will be available as separates but I suspect "Aces" boxes like this will be a thing of the past in 2.0 as there will be no need to issue fix cards for older ships.

I think there will still be a place for these kind of combo boxes, as a way to sell more models (repaints) and to add new pilots. New upgrades don't have to be 'fixes'.

18 minutes ago, KOG7777 said:

I think there will still be a place for these kind of combo boxes, as a way to sell more models (repaints) and to add new pilots. New upgrades don't have to be 'fixes'.

I'll admit this is a possibility but historically each repaint was introduced with a fix in some way. In the history of the game there is no "aces" box that was not released to fix something.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior after all.

If I am wrong, fair enough. Its a small item in the big picture. You won't see me complaining about a new paint job even if I am less likely to buy it. I'll just be happy to be able to use ships I like without feeling like I am handicapping myself deliberately.

I would buy it. I imagine that once the 1.0 stuff is off the shelf, it is not coming back. We will probably only see 2.0 packs from here on out. It might take a while for us to get everything. If I didn't already have a U-Wing, I might have bought 2 of the Saw packs, just don't see a need for 3 U-Wings.