AintNoPoser

Kill it already

I personally feel stabbed in the back by FFG who refuses to back the community they created.  By not releasing new content for this game, unlike their others, they're either waiting for the community to give up or just kill it themselves. Some may think this is an over reaction, but when you're promised news and "something big" to be announced and you don't get it, even during the live stream, which we were told content would be announced during our respective games stream, you should be pissed about it. It started with the X-Wing hour on Tuesday and has continued throughout the week. FFG either needs to get a new communications department, own up to their mistakes or Disney needs to take the license away and give it to a company that actually cares about their communities that don't pander for money on a quarterly basis. 

I would like to add that having a rebel only finals makes the game terrible, especially when they run a squadron ball and 2 ships max.  The changes are nice, but they aren't making the game any better. They turned a fleet game into a mini X-Wing game.  

Edited by AintNoPoser

8 hours ago, AintNoPoser said:

Disney needs to take the license away and give it to a company that actually cares about their communities that don't pander for money on a quarterly basis.

Are we taking about Disney, the same company responsible for The Last Jedi? Because they seem more guilty of this exact sentence then anyone.

6 minutes ago, codegnave said:

With all due respect to everyone in this thread: shut up and grow up.

Learn how to handle disappointment without ruining the mood for the rest of us.

So what shall we talk about then? All the  new products? Or how about all the interesting articles? ?

Love the say something offensive but it’s ok because I said with all due respect first as well.

3 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

You can say whatever you want as long as you start the sentence "with all due respect". It's in the Geneva Convention.

"With all due respect" you're fulla crap!

?

Edited by geek19

30 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Chess isn’t interesting because of the new content coming out. The most interesting part of the game is the intricate strategy employed to achieve victory. 

Couldn't agree more! I find it sad how fast some games' forums died when there is no new content. Like we really are the generation of 1 minute attention span that need flashy stuff all the time.

I'm happy with more world analysis and wave 7 strategy discussions for the next weeks. 

The "something big" promise is a tease, but it will hardly kill the community. People with 1 minute attention span stick to playing candy crush, not armada.

39 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

So what shall we talk about then? All the  new products? Or how about all the interesting articles? ?

Love the say something offensive but it’s ok because I said with all due respect first as well.

Ah sorry, I should have been clear about the amount of respect I was implying: none really!

Its possible to express disappointment without bringing down the mood for everyone! "I'm disappointed that the description of the hyperspace thing wasn't accurate, i really got my hopes up too." "The release schedule for armada is slower than I'd like" "I hope they get the faction balance at super high levels of play right soon!" "I was really hopeful that we had seen the last of Rieekan domination of the top cut. Here's my brainstorming for how to really fix it:"

All of those are the same complaints expressed in this topic, but without talk like "ffg are ruining this game and i think it should die because of it" or "do what i say to fix the game or the designers are the worst"

Its not hard.

Perhaps if less people were defending Asmodee/FFG.

Or telling others, "everything is fine, because I like it the way it is."

Or insinuating...or outright calling unhappy customers, immature, needy, or instantgratification crowd.

I dunno maybe, just maybe Asmodee/FFG might actually be concerned about their current performance in meeting customer expectations??

These forums are far far from being filled with doom, gloom and rage, I have a positive suggestion, if you don't like negative, don't read the thread, don't post in the thread, just ignore the thread entirely, and that way, you won't be upset, and Asmodee/FFG can start getting an accurate representation of customer satisfaction.

And before someone starts with "Forums aren't the place." Ill ask you this, other than not spending on their products, exactly where, when and how are you supposed to communicate your feelings of dissatisfaction? of unhappiness? how and where do you express these things before you decide "I've had enough." and the game loses another customer who could have been quite easily retained.  

Edited by TheEasternKing

10 minutes ago, TheEasternKing said:

Perhaps if less people we're defending Asmodee/FFG.

Or telling others, "everything is fine, because I like it the way it is."

Or insinuating...or outright calling unhappy customers, immature, needy, or instantgratification crowd.

I dunno maybe, just maybe Asmodee/FFG might actually be concerned about their current performance in meeting customer expectations??

These forums are far far from being filled with doom, gloom and rage, I have a positive suggestion, if you don't like negative, don't read the thread, don't post in the thread, just ignore the thread entirely, and that way, you won't be upset, and Asmodee/FFG can start getting an accurate representation of customer satisfaction.

And before someone starts with "Forums aren't the place." Ill ask you this, other than not spending on their products, exactly where, when and how are you supposed to communicate your feelings of dissatisfaction? of unhappiness? how and where do you express these things before you decide "I've had enough." and the game loses another customer who could have been quite easily retained.  

And when we post a positive thread? Does the negativity stay out?

Sure,

I rarely post that sort of stuff anymore, I have lowered my expectations enough I am rarely bothered.

But I don't think a single thread where people can come and vent is unreasonable? I probably won't read it myself, but at least its there for posterity. Better than multiple threads with equally exotic titles.

Edited by TheEasternKing

1 minute ago, TheEasternKing said:

Sure,

I rarely post that sort of stuff anymore, I have lowered my expectations enough I am rarely bothered.

But I don't think a single thread where people can come and vent is unreasonable? I probably won't read it myself, but at least its there for posterity. Better than multiple threads with equally exotic titles.

Indeed, but they keep starting new threads, Tuesday was awful (granted FFG deserved some of it), but nevertheless I didnt want to see an entire front page of tripe.

Just now, Ginkapo said:

Indeed, but they keep starting new threads, Tuesday was awful (granted FFG deserved some of it), but nevertheless I didnt want to see an entire front page of tripe.

I agree, I'm just wishing.....this is the internet after all.

7 minutes ago, TheEasternKing said:
8 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

I agree, I'm just wishing.....this is the internet after all.

Well, we know FFG does read these boards, even if they do not do hardly any explicit moderation. We just don't know how closely they read them. In that sense, the OP's rant is useful in hopefully getting the message of displeasure through. Still reads like an immature rant, though.

2 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Chess isn’t interesting because of the new content coming out. The most interesting part of the game is the intricate strategy employed to achieve victory. 

And even that is only of marginal interest at best.  I still don't understand how anyone can find chess exciting to watch.