Boba Rick

Top Five Things I Am Most Excited About in 2.0

1 minute ago, Boba Rick said:

1) I don't have to re-buy everything all over again.

2) The app.

3) All my ships are good now.

4) The change to actions (linked actions, force actions, etc).

5) Getting to learn the new stuff.

Excellent points!

1) new players getting in on the ground level

2)current players learning the new system together to further strengthen the community bond

3) having all kinds of new toys, cards, apps

4) Feeling like I can fly the Galactic Empire Faction and not be totally outclassed in turn zero

5) having hope that my wife may want to play and learn the new rules with me.

1.) Most of my collection is potentially not worthless anymore!

2.) App for scaling upgrade costs, ensuring balance can be preserved

3.) good lord, so many new things to undoubtedly learn as everything you knew and loved has been updated

4.) lessened impact of guaranteed defenses and sharp synergies will hopefully keep the emphasis on maneuvering and player interaction, rather than which upgrades you bring

5.) Most importantly, turrets are dead. ding-dong turrets are dead.

Rejoice! Your flying matters now!

1.) The power creep has been slain (for now).

2.) No TLT

3.) No Harpoons

4.) Fixes for HWK, Y-wing, U-wing, X-wing, E-wing, B-wing, A-wing, Mist Hunter, Punisher, Interceptor, Lambda, etc., etc. ALL ships can be viable!

5.) The potential for what can be done with the App is unlimited! Different game types, Quick Builds, Missions, you name it.

52 minutes ago, Boba Rick said:

1) I don't have to re-buy everything all over again.

2) The app.

3) All my ships are good now.

4) The change to actions (linked actions, force actions, etc).

5) Getting to learn the new stuff.

You forgot some important points:

• Medium freaking bases!!
  • New canon pilots (Iden Versio, Gideon Hask...) - possibly Inferno Squad upgrade for TIE/ln.
  • Smaller TIE Silencer.
  • Turrets nerfed!!
  • And most important: the opportunity to give the Starwing the name of Assault Gunboat (even if in the cannon title). And since the reload will be kind of default, they could give her a system slot and a K-turn.
Edited by Odanan

1) Getting to play some nifty new StarVipers since I never bought the latest aces pack.

2) Getting to play some nifty new Khiraxzs, since ditto.

3) Getting to play some nifty new Scyks since I never bought the Croc.

4) Getting to play with my Punisher.

5) Getting to play with my Other Punisher!

On 5/4/2018 at 3:00 PM, Odanan said:

You forgot some important points:

• Smaller TIE Silencer.

Where was this mentioned? I haven't seen anything said regarding this. I wouldn't mind a smaller Silencer since I use 2 in my current tourney list and the model we have is too big. I do hope they don't nerf them too badly in the transition from 1st to 2nd Ed because they are a blast to fly.

1) Flying X-Wings and knowing I stand a chance!

2) TLT is dead

3) New concepts to learn

4) Everyone will basically be on the same level again once 2.0 drops. I won't feel intimidated flying against people who have twice as much time as me put into the game.

5) Having fun! (not that I wasn't before, but it needed to be said!)

15 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

Where was this mentioned? I haven't seen anything said regarding this. I wouldn't mind a smaller Silencer since I use 2 in my current tourney list and the model we have is too big. I do hope they don't nerf them too badly in the transition from 1st to 2nd Ed because they are a blast to fly.

They mentioned it a few times on the twitch stream that had the four example matches with players vs devs. 

1) Return of old ships. Making stuff viable again is super great

2) App. It might allow more thematic stuff, easier fixes, 

3) Medium bases. The need of them was obvious for quite a while. Both in-game mechanics and lore was pointing that way.

4) Fixed turrets. Most of ships worked like they had guns pointed in every direction at the same time. The turrets rotate, it makes sense that this mechanic finally appears in-game. 

5) Conversion kit having all needed cards. No need of spending 60-100 eur on Epic ship for the cards (TIE adv. title, palp, c-3po) or 10-30 eur for cards themselves. No more spending 15 eur for authothrusters expansion or 30 for harpoon missiles expansion. List goes on. Regarding the price of conversion kits it might look like too much if you own everything, and want to buy all conversions x2 but if you're not judgmental and look straight at the facts - price for value is very good based on the prices of separate things i wrote earlier. Tell me of any other good/popular wargame where it is standard to own everything. X-wing was very cheap in terms of owning everything, compared to other wargames. It was relatively cheap in terms of wargames in general and it still will be for most of the players. It looks like it will be much more costly than before to own everything, no denial here. Not an issue for me though.