Sign in to follow this  
Tydirium

WAR: several versions of norse, chaos creatures

They give you a decent amount of creatures/enemies to use that cover a bit of the most common things in the Universe, but it's only a sampling of everything.  The game could definitely use a beastiary or more npc rules.  The one thing that is really missing to me is the complete lack of rules for having magic wielding opponents outside of making basic human user with cards the players would use.

that is the one major thing I seem to want. An expanded bestiary would be great. Hopefully, once (not really a matter of "if" I would think) announce it, it won't take very long for it to show up.

Chris

It looks quite easy to create NPC's with the system.
You can start with a pe-existing base and tweak using NPC abilities or player cards or make them up if you wish. Think of equivlants - is it like being whacked by Skaven clanrats, or bashed by a troll? Go from there and tweak for flavour. Rename, edit or swap ablities as you see fit. Changethe ranged to melee for instance or rename  Bestial howl to Evil stare but with the same effects etc.

For Norse you can use the marauder from the Choas page.
Or to create a more varied set of raiders copy the Beastmen examples as a base and tweak them a bit. So instead of Ungor, Gor, Wargor you have:

Raider (base Norscan), Marauder (slightly mutated) and Warband leader/champion.

Use the abilities from the chaos page to give them a more choasy feel, or swap in some player combat card abilities (red side) for a more viking raider feel to them. (Use the recharge rating as a guide for swapping abilites).

Creatures you could use Demon, greenskin or even skaven as a base and tweak accoring to how you want to play them - sneaky backstabbers like skaven, maddedn beasts like greenskins, or scary like demons. Knock the INT down, change BS to meleee for the skills etc. as they are creatures and hey presto new mobs in minutes. 

A rat ogre becomes a choas spawn (maybe swap boneriper for Rampaging Mutation for flavour).

Clanrats become mini swarms of slimy slithery choasy thingys (add own vile and disturbing decscription here...). I've decided that these ones cling to the shadows in the roof of a cave so Cheap shot gets renamed Leap from Hiding for a bit of flavour. And I stuck 1 fear onto them for being ooky and spooky etc,...

Don't get scared because there is no official page for any mob you need. Mix and match, rename and make it up.