f0rbiddenc00kie

What to do with your collection if you intend to upgrade to v2.0?

14 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

I'm totally putting some of my favorite lists in a shadowbox and hanging them on the wall in my game room.

Good point - I've been considering doing that with my Nationals list, looks like an excellent opportunity!

I'll be pulling everything out of sleeves so I can re-use them, then probably sorting and neatly putting all the old stuff away. It will probably stay in a box in a closet until some time when I move, or decide to do a big cleaning backlog, at which point I will quickly sift through it to make sure I didn't put something in those boxes that I actually need, and then it will get put in the dumpster.

I keep too much junk now. I am doing nothing with my stuff till I see what is needed. Them much of it is bin worthy, never gonna play v1 and hotac doesn’t need any of them. The only thing I am salty about is my battlefoam. Hopefully it won’t be useless for any new ships, that stuff is **** expensive.

Edited by LordFajubi

Just now, LordFajubi said:

The only thing I am salty about is my battlefoam. Hopefully it won’t be useless for any new ships, that stuff is **** expensive.

It should be fine. I don't know if they handle dials, but even those are only SLIGHTLY bigger from what I can tell. Models should fit fine with the Y-Wing being the only possible issue I can think of since that got a bit beefier with it's new model. 

I plan to box up all my 1.0 content that won't be used in 2.0, and put it away. I still have my Tau, Khador and Everblight armies even though I don't play 40k or Warmahordes anymore. If I have the space, I like to keep my old stuff just in case. 

If storage becomes an issue, Ill probably just toss it.

Make a set of Sir Willi’s collector boxes and put the old stuff into storage in case I want to play 1st Ed for nostalga or against someone who doesn’t want to upgrade (no one in my local groups so far, but there may be a hold out or two).

I like some of the ideas about framing favorite lists.

I just did the greatly needed overhaul of my supplies today. I have never thrown a single thing away that wasn’t literally packaging from X-Wing since I started but that changed today.

Tossed all the old (non-epic) cardboard tokens, the cardboard templates, the original core set damage deck. I still have two TFA decks (one from TFA core, one from system open). Tossed all the missions except for the stuff for the epic ship campaigns, because cinematic play in 1.0 is the most likely way they’ll see any love for a year or more once 2.0 starts.

I can play 1.0 on my acrylic tokens and templates alone. My HotAC stuff is at my office right now because of lunch games so those cardboard tokens will be enough for any epic I get in between now and September.

I will keep my 1.0 cards and ship bases until we have a clearly defined path for everything to be 2.0, epic included. After that? No clue. Store it away in case I ever need to go back to classic.