f0rbiddenc00kie

What to do with your collection if you intend to upgrade to v2.0?

If you wish to update your collection, in reality all you need is the models and obstacles/bombs from v1.0.  So the question I have is... what do you do with the rest of your v1.0 collection?  And what is the most cost-effective way of getting what I need (assuming I need roughly half the contents of a conversion set for each faction)?

I personally don't need all my old v1.0 upgrade cards anymore.  Can I sell them for a reasonable amount on Ebay?  Is it worth the hassle?  Is there enough demand for just upgrades now that v2.0 is announced?  Anything else you can think of?

honestly...they are going to go for pennies on the dollar pretty quick.    there's a number of people getting out - so probably selling their stuff.   and a number of people who are upgrading, who might be selling their stuff.    the number of people who are getting in and want V1 upgrades without models will be....limited.  

2 minutes ago, f0rbiddenc00kie said:

If you wish to update your collection, in reality all you need is the models and obstacles/bombs from v1.0.  So the question I have is... what do you do with the rest of your v1.0 collection?  And what is the most cost-effective way of getting what I need (assuming I need roughly half the contents of a conversion set for each faction)?

I personally don't need all my old v1.0 upgrade cards anymore.  Can I sell them for a reasonable amount on Ebay?  Is it worth the hassle?  Is there enough demand for just upgrades now that v2.0 is announced?  Anything else you can think of?

I'm updating to 2.0, order already in for the core. Some of my stuff will likely go to a friend who runs games with a group - non-tourney folk - so they won't likely be upgrading. I'll keep some to continue running HotAC at the local shop. Other stuff will likely just find its way into a box. Nothing hits the trash.

I will just put what I got into storage myself so that if I want to play V1 either in epic, hotac, or several other non 100/6 formats I can.  Also old games that have a bit of collectors value can go up in price a few years down the line.

1 minute ago, f0rbiddenc00kie said:

For the stuff you need, but don't have from the conversions, trade with other players. I've got about six lined up.

The upgrade cards might be useless. From what little I know the card costs may change depending on the pilot. We'll have to wait and see what future news holds. 

In a box. In the loft. Will probably then end up in recycling when we move and have to clear everything a few years down the line. 

I’m not one for keeping things that don’t get used indefinitely so the old card/dials/cards will go at some point. 

Make a nice framed display of the alt arts. Keep anything for Epic where I can get at it. Pack the rest of the cards and cardboard away in the attic. Most of the acrylic tokens look like can still be used, since they have a blank side if they need to be flipped.

Jim

keep most for nostalgia or to play with the kids someday. Seriously thinking of selling off, on the cheap, everything that one of each conversion kit wont cover, getting anything that I'm lacking that they will cover, then just jumping in to 2nd edition full boar for the new models. But just the thought of organizing all of that is kind of daunting.

Man, give them to kids. 

Seriously, I've got a buddy whose son has a small handful of ships, and this thread made me realize, I can ship him most of my 1.0 dupe cards and they will have a blast getting to add all kinds of new capabilities to their kitchen table.

(I'm going to keep at least one of each. I can't bear to part with ALL of it.)

I've no intention of buying V2 as I'm not paying FFG to fix a game that they broke. I'm not looking to start a flame war, it's just the way I feel.

The game is dead here anyway but unless I get a decent price I'm not selling the 60 or so ships that I have up to round about wave 8ish. I think the K wing wave was the last one I bought into. That's not likely though as everyone has more than enough X Wings, TIE fighters, Y Wings etc. I'd be practically giving them away and I don't want to do that. I'll keep them for the occasional game of v1.

I'm gonna just put mine in a box out of the way somewhere, until someday when I get nostalgic for V1 game mechanics and then I bust out all my old cards and have a sweet Raider Vs. Corvette, 500 vs 500 point hoedown!  

Because, BELIEVE ME, the day will come when my brother says to me, "Remember that day when you had Nera Dantels blow TWO Advanced Proton Torps up the Raider's skirt in the same game?!?"  and we're gonna want to do it again, kickin' it old school.

1 hour ago, Tbetts94 said:

Fiancé and I will be getting our own place here soon. So going to frame a couple of lists I’ve had success with. Rest will be stored away for the occasional HoTAC or Epic game. 

The cards are pretty enough so if you do it right, they'd look perfect on a wall. This a great way to honor some old builds that helped you make some nice memories!

I'll buy the conversion kits and the core and that should do me to get the lists I like to fly on the table, noting I only really play 100/6 (soon to be 200/6).  As for all my 1.0 cards and tokens; I'll probably just put them in a box.  Or give them to my kids to play with.  They'll like the pictures.

I intend to keep enough cards so that I can go back to 1st edition with my friends that choose not to upgrade but I will try to donate some ships, tokens, and cards to some of the newer players.  So they can experiment with more stuff and if they choose to upgrade get more value.  I don't need 12 Ties so I can part with a couple (especially because I will be getting some more).