Sign in to follow this  
Hrathen

I don't really want to pay $40 for a Damage Deck

4 minutes ago, JediRush24 said:

My question about the new damage deck is what size are the cards? I would hate for them to be bigger, it would make all my lego damage deck holders obsolete. 

I believe I read they are normal tcg size, everything is. All the little cards are gone.

not gonna lie, despite my optimism for 2,0, I'm not a giant fan of having to buy the core

and that's considering I'll probably run Luke (those TIEs, though...those green dice ?)

as people brought up, it seems like it'd be best to use FFG's pre-order bonus to your advantage, either through your LGS with the order of a conversion kit or by selling your core-set and keeping your pre-order bonus deck or buying a bonus deck off of someone

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

not gonna lie, despite my optimism for 2,0, I'm not a giant fan of having to buy the core

and that's considering I'll probably run Luke (those TIEs, though...those green dice ?)

as people brought up, it seems like it'd be best to use FFG's pre-order bonus to your advantage, either through your LGS with the order of a conversion kit or by selling your core-set and keeping your pre-order bonus deck or buying a bonus deck off of someone

Hey fickle just curious, if it’s as hard as it seems to get fully modded shots are you still gonna hate green dice if you only need to score 2 evades on average? I mean with an evade token you’ll only need 1 rolled evade. I know you’ll never love them but maybe you can find a peace with the great green menace? ?

3 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Hey fickle just curious, if it’s as hard as it seems to get fully modded shots are you still gonna hate green dice if you only need to score 2 evades on average do the absolutely and utterly impossible? I mean with an evade token you’ll only need 1 rolled evade to do the slightly less absolutely impossible. I know you’ll never love them but maybe you can find a peace with the great green menace? ?

what a silly question to ask ?

far as I can tell, there is only one good green die in 2.0 and it belongs to Feroph

Edited by ficklegreendice

12 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I believe I read they are normal tcg size, everything is. All the little cards are gone.

The DD that comes in the core set is still mini-American size, but the “deluxe, x-wing special” deck is normal card size. 

From the damage deck article

Rather than using the Mini American Board Game card size, as in the X-Wing Second Edition Core Set, the T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck features damage cards that have been expanded to LCG® size,

On 5/4/2018 at 6:43 PM, Hrathen said:

I am super psyched about 2E coming up.  I have no problem paying $50 for the upgrade kits.  I will probably just buy the Imperial one off the bat and then get the other ones slowly as I have the money.  And for a little while I was pretty sure that I wouldn't need to really buy the actual game box.  I have templates (sure they don't have the line but they would still work) I have tons of dice.  I have tons of X-wings and TIE Fighters.  I even have a smart phone.

But then it hit me.  The Damage Deck.  The only think from the starter set that I can't get somewhere else is that dang Damage Deck.  $40 is a pretty steep price if the only thing I need is the damage deck.

Dear FFR, please sell your damage deck separately.

I'm fairly sure there are cards in the core set that aren't in the conversions.

21 minutes ago, Firespray-32 said:

I'm fairly sure there are cards in the core set that aren't in the conversions.

been confirmed by the developers that this is the case

cards such as Luke And Iden seem to be core only, wouldn't be surprised to see r2d2 in there too (and the new "deadeye" since where else would you put it? only other force user in wave 1 is Vader)

Edited by ficklegreendice

4 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

So far this is probably my biggest disappointment with 2.0. Increasing the size of all the cards negatively impacts my storage system. Who asked them to make this change?

4 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

The DD that comes in the core set is still mini-American size, but the “deluxe, x-wing special” deck is normal card size. 

From the damage deck article

Okay, that is helpful. Thanks!

increasing upgrade card size is still annoying though.

So the link in the 2nd post (I think) that points to the 'Pre Ordering' where you get a damage deck says

"If you’re interested in receiving one of these T-65 X-Wing Damage Decks, there are two easy ways for you to get your copy while supplies last! You can pre-order the X-Wing Second Edition Core Set on our website—everyone who pre-orders at least one Core Set for X-Wing Second Edition on the Fantasy Flight Games website will receive a single T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck for free with their order!"

Now it pretty much says  if you pre order a Core set, which already has a damage deck in it they will then send you a 2nd special T-65 damage deck...it mentions about pre orders through other retailers but nothing on that you could acquire the damage deck with an upgrade set. Unless the other stores offer it as a pre order anything of the sets.