Jump to content
haritos

I don't like the changes to the evade action

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Goseki1 said:

Do we know what Palps new ability is? 

"Emperor Palpatine - When another friendly ship is defending or attacking, you may spend your force token as if this friendly ship just spent a force token."

See - 

 

Edited by FTS Gecko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FTS Gecko said:

Emperor Palpatine - When another friendly ship is defending, you may spend your force token as if this friendly ship just spent a force token.

Apparently it was a miss translation. It should say "defending or attacking".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted the new evade to be a green dice target lock equivalent. Reroll any number of green dice on one shot kinda thing. My other version written in a notebook somewhere was that evade and reinforce were removed from the action bar, and changed to a type of defense token like in Armada that was an inherent quality of ships or pilots. So that ships that were super evasive would be natively just that. Second Ed gets a ton right, but not everything I wanted. Still looks like it's enough to get me to come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

I wanted the new evade to be a green dice target lock equivalent. Reroll any number of green dice on one shot kinda thing. My other version written in a notebook somewhere was that evade and reinforce were removed from the action bar, and changed to a type of defense token like in Armada that was an inherent quality of ships or pilots. So that ships that were super evasive would be natively just that. Second Ed gets a ton right, but not everything I wanted. Still looks like it's enough to get me to come back.

Tbh making it reroll evade dice seems much more interesting and it doesn't seem to break anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The evade change is entirely consistent with the goals of 2.0: a faster moving game through stronger attack and weaker defense, and more upgrade design space by not making the evade action overpowered for high-agility ships.

Edited by OnlyOneCannolo
Hyphenation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, OnlyOneCannolo said:

The evade change is entirely consistent with the goals of 2.0: a faster moving game through stronger attack and weaker defense, and more upgrade design space by not making the evade action overpowered for high-agility ships.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think you've misinterpreted somethings; The change to the evade action primarily reduces its value to low agility ships, and the stated goal is to flatten action economy and dice creep in general.

As far as this change's effect on high agility ships... Four dice attacks will likely be much rarer this time around, so maybe the devs feel that in the case you let your Tie Interceptor get caught by a proton torpedo that rolls four hits, it shouldn't be able to avoid damage entirely (Especially since that isn't guaranteed to happen in a world without guidance chips).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Squark said:

I agree with the sentiment, but I think you've misinterpreted somethings; The change to the evade action primarily reduces its value to low agility ships, and the stated goal is to flatten action economy and dice creep in general.

I agree with the impact on low agility ships. My point about high-agility ships was probably too specific, but not wrong. I should have said that it opens up design space by limiting stacking defensive abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading through this thread is the first I’ve seen that makes 2.0 actually interest me. I was sitting in the casual, “I don’t need to upgrade” camp, but the changes to evade and reinforce, with all they imply, is starting to catch my attention. 

If my group starts playing more x-wing, 2.0 might end up worth it. (Right now, my group is more invested in the new Trek RPG, Imperial Assault and Arkham Horror- the board game, not the card game.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, haritos said:

just can't think of a situation where I'd pick evade over focus or reinforce. Just have to get used to it I guess.

New reinforce reduces damage to a minimum of 1, so if you're defending against fewer attacks or a weaker attack, evade will be better than reinforce. 

I like that there's significant differences between the two. 

Whilst new evade is often weaker than focus, it will be potent in conjunction with force/calculate tokens, as it allows efficient tuning of your defence dice so that you don't waste tokens over-evading. 

Edited by player2072913
Your/you're/yorr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I welcome the changes to both evade and reinforce. 2 die primaries are now relevant (which is why I think the TIE/LN is fine; it doesn't need a buff when you nerf the defensive stacking cause its the most balanced ship in the game.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

almost forgot

swz07_a1_tie_spread2.png

 

juke still exists (quickbuild card)

Juke was always one of my favorite cards to run in 1.0 (got more mileage out of it than crack shot with my TIE's) so if it works like 1.0 then taking an evade becomes more worthwhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be too pedantic here, but I think your problem is with the evade token. And you can get that token lots of ways besides the evade action.  It doesn’t matter if focus is strictly better on some ships and doesn’t link. You’ll still see evades.

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...