haritos

I don't like the changes to the evade action

26 minutes ago, RayGuns said:

I agree. They seemed to have made evade less effective and it didn't have to be. It was great just the way it was. However, even though evade seems to have been weakened, we have not been able play 2.0 yet, so maybe it will all make more sense when we finally start playing 2.0. We will see.

It kind of did. With the reduction in offense we are going to see, it was necessary. If you left Evade as is, games would go much, much longer. 

They're not

Might be cheaper though

We saw Vader run with miniswarm like he used to be, but defs have confirmed that Vader is very expensive (86ish out of 200)

So it's possible black cracks got cheaper, as did all generics relative to high initiative named pilots 

Evade token was too powerful, it needed to be toned down.

Now its actually a high-agi ship perk and not auto-evade for ANY ship. Ships like the Ghost had no right to have access to the Evade token period, let alone the normal action.

Most of the high agi squishy ships (TIEs) opted for an evade over focus if they had a choice. Focus could potentially mod more, but evade was 100% +1 evade and more often was what you needed to dodge it all.

The only ships that will actually suffer from this since theyre also toning down the raw attack power a bit are the before mentioned ships like the Ghost.

X-wing is at it's worst when the game fails to progress via ship damage/death. FFG seems to have finally realised this and is being a lot more conservative with defensive abilities. It's a good change.

Edited by CRCL

8 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The TIE/ln is 24 points, so the exact same as in 1.0.

Which makes sense, because it looks like they haven't changed is at all.

It will be really curious what the base X-wing will be. Will you be able to run 5 of them? The X-wing got a slew of improvements over its 1.0 counterpart.

4 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Which makes sense, because it looks like they haven't changed is at all.

It will be really curious what the base X-wing will be. Will you be able to run 5 of them? The X-wing got a slew of improvements over its 1.0 counterpart.

I hope not, they look way too strong to be able to field 5 of, especially compared to the TIEs.

One of the biggest changes between 1.0 and 2.0 is a faster game. More damage, less regen, fewer shields.  This of course can allow for slightly more ships to be fielded while not extending game time play. The game got bigger. Cya evade.

4 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

I hope not, they look way too strong to be able to field 5 of, especially compared to the TIEs.

Eh, the ps squish has your generic Obsidian match up with the blue squad X at initiative 2 

I think it'll be a pretty even match since TIEs can't be ps killed 

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Eh, the ps squish has your generic Obsidian match up with the blue squad X at initiative 2 

I think it'll be a pretty even match since TIEs can't be ps killed 

Maybe I'm just a tiny bit salty about the X-Wings getting so much more maneuverability while the TIEs got nothing.

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

Maybe I'm just a tiny bit salty about the X-Wings getting so much more maneuverability while the TIEs got nothing.

I mean...you remember how Xs were/are, right? :P

they NEED it, especially if the TIE remains the mathematically superior spam option

10 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

The Soontir we know and love is gone.  Now to get that Focus token you have to get someone in your bullseye.

It's not all bad for Soontir - if he gets blocked, he'll often get a focus out of the deal. He might be less prone to dying abruptly after a single error.

Evade stacking is one of the most frustrating things in 1.0. To outcry your opponent, killbox them perfectly, and not so much as scratch them on the only chance you might have in the game to do so.

Bring on flattened green die profiles. Bring them  on hard.

This is a positive change that will makes games shorter, less frustrating, and less variance based.

32 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

This is a positive change that will makes games shorter, less frustrating, and less variance based.

This is precisely the point why I like it. It's never cool to lose to dice. It appears that the approach to action economy is to make players ponder how to remove uncertainties. Precisely what it should be.

I think it's been said or at least hinted at that stacking Focus and Evade won't be a thing anymore, or at least very rare. If your choice is Focus or Evade it doesn't seem to me there will be many situations where you'd want Evade over Focus. 

Edit: Speaking mainly of 3 Agility ships, since 2 Agility or less seem. To have Reinforce instead. 

Edited by LordBlades

14 hours ago, Icelom said:

Evade was made worse for low agility ships and barely nerfed for high agility ships.

on something with 3 evade dice its probably the same (odd case where you roll all 3 evades) but on a ship with one agility it's much worse.

This makes a lot of sense balance wise, there were a few ships (falcon, ghost) that stacked ridiculous defense on a not so nimble ship.

The change is good in my mind. 

Not to mention for the most part low agility ships did not ave the evade token. The Falcon title was the exception to that rule, in the first couple of waves all ships with evade action (already in their action bar) had 3 agility.

Granted I would like to see more use for the evade token much like how focus is used for actions and other things. Having an evade convert to a boost would be interesting.

1 hour ago, Marinealver said:

Not to mention for the most part low agility ships did not ave the evade token. The Falcon title was the exception to that rule, in the first couple of waves all ships with evade action (already in their action bar) had 3 agility.

Granted I would like to see more use for the evade token much like how focus is used for actions and other things. Having an evade convert to a boost would be interesting.

The great thing about 2.0 is that all actions don’t need to be equal, as in several cases you’ll not have just the “one or the other” option. Focus might be better than evade in isolation on a particular ship, but if that ships evade is chained with as you say boost or barrel roll then suddenly the choice isnt one or the other. Rather it is focus, or evade + something else. 

Well this is surprising,

I never once saw this community complain about the evade action and now that this change is here it seems it was actually a no brainer lol!

I personally also agree with the whole need for the game to be faster etc, I just don't believe treating evade like that was the right way to go. It's nothing terrible, I just can't think of a situation where I'd pick evade over focus or reinforce. Just have to get used to it I guess.

On 5/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, ficklegreendice said:

It's necessary because you can still stack focus with evade

Like with two tubes (Jan crew is now jyn) or with Palpatine throwing force focus to any ship that can evade 

Or if we ever get a force sensative pilot that can evade

Or stacking with other synergy like selflessness 

And we don't want super durable, impossible to hit ships running around again. That's why we're at 2.0 in the first place 

Do we know what Palps new ability is?