Ravenhull

Two questions regarding 'Force' points

3 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

We don't actually know if crew are technically force users or if they turn their pilots into force users for gameplay purposes

Important because force users regrn a force per round, but if you stack force crew atop force pilots you could potentially break the system

My interpretation of the way it was explained and the way the crew cards look, is that each ship with a force rating gets 1 force back at the end step. Force crew cards add to the ships force rating (like +1 [force]), therefore if you add a force crew member to a ship that already has a force rating (say, General Organa crew on a Rey piloted YT-1300), you increase the force token pool max by the crew card but still only recover 1 token per turn.

Edited by kris40k

3 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

We don't actually know if crew are technically force users or if they turn their pilots into force users for gameplay purposes

Important because force users regrn a force per round, but if you stack force crew atop force pilots you could potentially break the system

There are rumours that certain upgrades will have variable pricing and cost more for certain pilots. If that's the case, this sounds like a time they would apply higher costs depending on the combination. 

40 minutes ago, kris40k said:

My interpretation of the way it was explained and the way the crew cards look, is that each ship with a force rating gets 1 force back at the end step. Force crew cards add to the ships force rating (like +1 [force]), therefore if you add a force crew member to a ship that already has a force rating (say, General Organa crew on a Rey piloted YT-1300), you increase the force token pool max by the crew card but still only recover 1 token per turn.

I think literally what's going to happen is a Force user crew will just have the Force token physically sitting on the card as intended for Charge tokens on the other upgrade types. I think trying to define it as an increase in the Force level of the ship or pilot it's equipped to is more a matter of semantics. 

2 hours ago, __underscore__ said:

I feel like I have, but I can't find one now so it might've just been something they described verbally on a video. But any 'once per round' effect would work that way.

You can see one on dengars pilot card from the upgrade kit article.